Lake Land College Employee Reviews in United States

excellent team environment
Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 3, 2016
Working at Workforce Development Center for Lake Land College has been a rewarding and enriching experience. The supervisor and colleagues that I have worked with have been fantastic. Unfortunately, the position that I have is grant funded and due to budget issues in the state of Illinois the job is not very stable.
Pros
Excellent work environment and support from colleagues
Cons
Uncertain future.
A great learning oportunity.
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Sometimes working with difficult personalities was a big challenge that I got better at with time. I solved a lot of difficult problems that bigger garages just wouldn't have the time for. I learned to manage small groups of students demonstrating various repairs and troubleshooting technics.
Lake Land College
PART-TIME LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Lake Land College is a great place to work. This school, too, is experiencing budget issues to the state's ongoing budget impasse. This institution does not pay as well as some other community colleges in the area.
Amazing working environment with great co-workers.
Admissions and Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
This is currently a part time position that provided me with great costumer service practice. While working for Lake Land I would spend my day traveling to different college fairs, recruiting high school students to attend the college.
High student interaction
Financial Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
My job works almost exclusively with students. You can't stay in this position if you aren't able to handle customer service.
Pros
Shortened Summer work week, okay vacation packet, paid holidays, good sick leave
Cons
IL budget makes job security iffy, quality of boss depends upon department
Hard to advance
Admin Assist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 4, 2015
Advancement is not dependent on experience but rather the degree listed. Benefits are really good; Friday's off in the Summer, around 2 weeks off at Christmas time. It's just very difficult to advance and the hourly rate isn't the best.
Fantastic culture, people, responsibilities, schedule
Counseling Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 25, 2015
Wonderful staff to work with and learned so much from this job. Management really cared about their employees and they cared about each person. Loved the interaction with the people, phone and staff and was able to perform duties with excellence. Learned I loved the college/university atmorsphere and worked hard to impress my superiors. Learned that I fit in well with the learning environment and excelled with the duties I was expected to fulfill. It was a great confidence booster and I was able to do more than ever expected. This did not feel like a "job" and I looked forward everyday to going to work. I usually went early and stayed late just to help in whatever ways I could.
Pros
Wonderful staff, management, atmosphere, responsibilities
Cons
Wages were low and needed more to support a family
Alright workplace
CLASSMAT (Former Employee) –  MATOON ILJuly 14, 2015
It was different from day to day.But most of the time it very easy,flew threw the class like nothing.I did enjoy this job.I had family matters that was very important at home but if I could have the chance to do it over now that I have things in order I sure would.The boss and my ex-coworkers were great people as well
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
HEALTHCARE
Adjunct English teacher
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 25, 2015
This was an adjunct possession, teaching English Composition in the classroom and online. Since I was not on campus every day, I did not have a lot of interaction with coworkers or management.
Enjoy teaching at LLC and working with the other instructors
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 31, 2015
I plan on continuing to teach at LLC as an adjunct instructor. A typical day is just teaching evenings and weekend courses. The hardest part of my job is when I am teaching a computer class, and the class is unable to retrieve any of the files we need for that certain class. I enjoy working at LLC - especially when the students get that "ah-ha" moment and really understand something you have been teaching them.
Overall, a great place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 1, 2015
Overall, a great place to work. Currently in the midst of a leadership shift, but lots of great employees and students make it all worthwhile.
Great place.
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I learned so much at this wonderful place. The staff were kind, respectful, and collaborative. My co-workers were fun, determined, and understanding.
An Excellent Academic Working Environment
Adjunct Humanities and Reading Faculty (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2015
As an instructor, individuals are motivated and supported by the administration to conduct their labors in the most efficient and student centered manner. Though pay and course availability are important issues, as a professor at LLC, many freedoms are afforded in terms of curriculum, course management, and design. Therefore, LLC is a great place to teach for the motivated innovator!
Director of the Center for Business and Industry (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2015
My wife and I both work there and it is a great place to work! It is the first job I have ever had where I felt truly appreciated and that my expertise was valued. They are looking toward the future and trying to make a difference in the community as well as enriching the lives of the students that attend there.
Adjunct Instructor, Climate & Weather (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 16, 2014
Good work and a joy to come to. I just wish the pay had been better.
Pros
teaching
Cons
low pay
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping students with their FAFSA and the required documentation. I am also in charge of record maintenance. If any of the other supervisors need help with their job duties I also assist them.
Pros
knowing that you have helped someone achieve their goal of a college education.
Cons
no, benefits, no chance for advancement.
An overall sublime experience. Wonderful peers and great students!
Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 31, 2014
Lake Land College provided me plenty of teaching opportunities -- Composition I and II, Composition Skills, Business Writing, and even Introduction to Literature a few times. As adjunct faculty, I did not get to know every humanities instructor, but those I met were very cordial and always helpful.
Great Co-Workers
Administrative Assistant to Associate VP for ES (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is willing to offer a helping hand. Even though it is not their job, they will go out of their way to help.
The Truth
Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 29, 2014
The culture at Lake Land is very rewarding. The desire for success of the students coupled with the value placed on employees (staff/admin/faculty) create a very enjoyable work environment and yet, there is still room to challenge each other to excel and continue with professional development.
Stressful place to work
Construction Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 15, 2014
It was in a prison setting your teaching abilities were limited per security reasons. I learned about prison life and security measures that are necessary in controlling the inmates. The hardest part of the job was that you always had to be aware of your surroundings and keeping a watchful eye on your students because they were inmates and you could not trust them.
Pros
good salary
Cons
your students were inmates

4.5