Lake Land College Employee Reviews

excellent team environment
Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 3, 2016
Working at Workforce Development Center for Lake Land College has been a rewarding and enriching experience. The supervisor and colleagues that I have worked with have been fantastic. Unfortunately, the position that I have is grant funded and due to budget issues in the state of Illinois the job is not very stable.
Pros
Excellent work environment and support from colleagues
Cons
Uncertain future.
Enjoyed
Job Preparedness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILDecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed my position working in the correctional system for Lake Land. Staff and Dean were easy to work with and eager to offer support.
A great learning oportunity.
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Sometimes working with difficult personalities was a big challenge that I got better at with time. I solved a lot of difficult problems that bigger garages just wouldn't have the time for. I learned to manage small groups of students demonstrating various repairs and troubleshooting technics.
High student interaction
Financial Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
My job works almost exclusively with students. You can't stay in this position if you aren't able to handle customer service.
Pros
Shortened Summer work week, okay vacation packet, paid holidays, good sick leave
Cons
IL budget makes job security iffy, quality of boss depends upon department
Amazing working environment with great co-workers.
Admissions and Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
This is currently a part time position that provided me with great costumer service practice. While working for Lake Land I would spend my day traveling to different college fairs, recruiting high school students to attend the college.
Lake Land College
PART-TIME LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Lake Land College is a great place to work. This school, too, is experiencing budget issues to the state's ongoing budget impasse. This institution does not pay as well as some other community colleges in the area.
Fantastic culture, people, responsibilities, schedule
Counseling Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 25, 2015
Wonderful staff to work with and learned so much from this job. Management really cared about their employees and they cared about each person. Loved the interaction with the people, phone and staff and was able to perform duties with excellence. Learned I loved the college/university atmorsphere and worked hard to impress my superiors. Learned that I fit in well with the learning environment and excelled with the duties I was expected to fulfill. It was a great confidence booster and I was able to do more than ever expected. This did not feel like a "job" and I looked forward everyday to going to work. I usually went early and stayed late just to help in whatever ways I could.
Pros
Wonderful staff, management, atmosphere, responsibilities
Cons
Wages were low and needed more to support a family
Enjoy teaching at LLC and working with the other instructors
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 31, 2015
I plan on continuing to teach at LLC as an adjunct instructor. A typical day is just teaching evenings and weekend courses. The hardest part of my job is when I am teaching a computer class, and the class is unable to retrieve any of the files we need for that certain class. I enjoy working at LLC - especially when the students get that "ah-ha" moment and really understand something you have been teaching them.
Alright workplace
CLASSMAT (Former Employee) –  MATOON ILJuly 14, 2015
It was different from day to day.But most of the time it very easy,flew threw the class like nothing.I did enjoy this job.I had family matters that was very important at home but if I could have the chance to do it over now that I have things in order I sure would.The boss and my ex-coworkers were great people as well
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
HEALTHCARE
An Excellent Academic Working Environment
Adjunct Humanities and Reading Faculty (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2015
As an instructor, individuals are motivated and supported by the administration to conduct their labors in the most efficient and student centered manner. Though pay and course availability are important issues, as a professor at LLC, many freedoms are afforded in terms of curriculum, course management, and design. Therefore, LLC is a great place to teach for the motivated innovator!
Hard to advance
Admin Assist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 4, 2015
Advancement is not dependent on experience but rather the degree listed. Benefits are really good; Friday's off in the Summer, around 2 weeks off at Christmas time. It's just very difficult to advance and the hourly rate isn't the best.
Life learning skills that helps you get ready for the real thing
Student (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 31, 2014
I have learnt a lot through Lake Land College. I learnt self discipline skills, self motivation skills, and time management skills. I have never work as hard in any other job than I have at Lake Land College. The achievements and the self esteem boost are far worth it. Now that I have managed to push myself through it I get the satisfaction in helping others.
Pros
Skills in helping others and great instructors
Cons
Long nights and sleep deprivation
Great benefits and work environment, with very friendly employees
Child Care Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Lake Land College was a steady and stable place to work. It came with wonderful benefits and compensation. Salaries are competitive. There are many very friendly and cooperative employees and faculty members who have the willingness to align their daily work habits with the Lake Land College core vision and values. In the workplace their is a positive desire for student success and developing partnerships with community organizations.
Pros
Fridays off in the summer
Cons
Administrative leaders who are disconnected to the workforce.
Lake Land College is an excellent place to work.
Child Care Lab Director (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 24, 2013
Lake Land College has an overall vision of educating minds, changing lives, through the power of learning. This is accomplished by emulating the following core values into the daily work habits, caring, communication, teamship, innovation and excellece.
Pros
Excellent benefits, Fridays off during the summer, creative work environment, flexibility and employee support.
Cons
The Administrators can be disconnected from the non-faculty workforce.
My Experience at lake Land College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 30, 2012
It was one of the most exciting, and rewarding positions I have ever had. If I did not have to relocate to CA I would like to have worked there for the rest of my working years.
My co-workers were kind, helpful, understanding,and warm. The students were exciting and eager to learn and experience my teaching methods.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with a diverse group of adult students.
I learned that teaching is an ever learning experience with adults, as well as, children
Pros
the entire experience was a total pro
Cons
there were no cons
A friendly environment away from the city
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 3, 2013
I would come into work and not expect it too be busy in parking. At the Communications and Creative Services department, the staff are nice and hardworking. Besides the hectic work load, I enjoy my job as a graphic designer intern.

Since I work from 8am to 5pm, I get 2 breaks. I can either eat out or take a walk around the campus and meet employees and colleagues.

If I get bored, I will have lunch outside campus and head to town.
benefits
Cons
no health/ medical insurance if you are a part time, No food options besides subway, and accounting office is cocky
Stressful place to work
Construction Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 15, 2014
It was in a prison setting your teaching abilities were limited per security reasons. I learned about prison life and security measures that are necessary in controlling the inmates. The hardest part of the job was that you always had to be aware of your surroundings and keeping a watchful eye on your students because they were inmates and you could not trust them.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
your students were inmates
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work consists of helping students with their FAFSA and the required documentation. I am also in charge of record maintenance. If any of the other supervisors need help with their job duties I also assist them.
Pros
Knowing that you have helped someone achieve their goal of a college education.
Cons
No, benefits, no chance for advancement.
accounting intern
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 9, 2013
• Accounts payable for all sales and service activities at the college
• Accounts receivable on student accounts
• Supervised payment of Foundation gifts to the appropriate scholarship fund
• Conducted financial analysis of the grants and verified that every expenditure was in compliance with the intent the grant award
• Served as first point of contact for financial aid recipients seeking refunds; reviewed paperwork and verified refunds were accurate
• Preparing journal entries and match bank reconciliations prepared by the Comptroller to the journal entries.
• Sourced documentation for the annual external audit; built expertise in identifying appropriate receipts to support the documentation request
Director of the Center for Business and Industry (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2015
My wife and I both work there and it is a great place to work! It is the first job I have ever had where I felt truly appreciated and that my expertise was valued. They are looking toward the future and trying to make a difference in the community as well as enriching the lives of the students that attend there.

4.5