Lake Land College Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 1, 2017
I enjoyed the job at Lake Land. The people were helpful and willing to help when a problem arose. I found the job a learning experience and rewarding. I would go back if I lived in the area.
Pros
Positive atomsphere
Cons
Long hours with out benefits.
Great Job for College
Print Shop Tech/Student Veteran Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 20, 2017
Working for Lake Land College was a great experience and flexible with my schedule. They will allow you to work in different settings if you do the work-study.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
I went to school at Lake Land College
Student Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 9, 2017
Lake Land College is a a great school to attend for the dental hygiene program. As a Lake Land student I gained amazing experience in our clinic. We also got to go out in the community and work with people and that was really rewarding.
Average
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 24, 2017
Lake Land is a good place to work but the state budget is concerning and many cuts are being made putting jobs in limbo. People are friendly and managers are good.
Served as Associate Dean for Community College Prison Programs.
Associate Dean (Former Employee) –  Danville Correctional CenterJuly 12, 2017
Served as administrator for prison program overseeing 5 vocational departments, as well as, 1-year and 2-year academic programs. Supervised 16 to 20 employees and instructors.
Lake Land College Work Study is for Students
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 15, 2017
As a student at Lake Land College, being a work study allowed me to balance my work with my school activities and my extracurricular activities. The managers are all respectable, and if you find a position that pertains to your major, you also learn as you work as well and get a taste of the ideal job you are working towards. It is an experience I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Helps you study in your major
Cons
Not many hours
Good place to work. Helped with my tuition.
Computer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 30, 2017
I think I was lucky to have a good supervisor. The customers were always good to me. On the negative side, the new branding policy prevents getting new customers for the department I work at.
Overall this is a great place to work and the work environment is top notch.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Policies prevents getting more done.
good company
Student Activity Board (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 3, 2017
the is a very big company with lots of group homes across the valley.Got to work with a lot of different individuals with different problems and gained a lot knowledge
Great part-time experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 23, 2017
Typically only worked a few hours if any at all on weekdays. It was a great experience that taught me to communicate complicated material in a way one can understand and learn.
Lake Land College
Warehouse Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILMarch 9, 2017
The staff members at Lake Land College were superb. What I enjoy most about the experience was the challenges. The atmosphere(workplace) was pleasant.

Want to know more about Lake Land College?

Ask a question
Great place to work, however with questionable financial future due to state budget impasse
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I loved working at Lake Land College. The people there are warm, caring and patient. The benefits, if you can get any today, are very good but they are currently curtailing most full-time positions to part-time to avoid any benefits package. If you want to work there, be sure of the future prospects for a better position if you intend to make a career there.
Pros
Great benefits, clean work spaces, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Cutting full-time positions to part-time only with low pay and no benefits.
Really positive work environment.
Lab Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 10, 2017
This job on most days was awesome. No stress. I helped students with their programming homework in and out of the classroom. I would also watch the 3d printers in the lab and made sure they didn't overheat. I learned to have better patience with people, explain and communicate better with others. The management was just my instructors/professors watch me while i helped in there classes. My co-workers were other lab assistants and we got along swell. We would help each other if we were stumped while helping a student. There wasn't really a hard part to the job. The thing I loved the most about this job was the students I met and helped.
Pros
flexible work hours, great internship opportunity
Cons
limited hours a week you could work
Enjoyed
Job Preparedness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILDecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed my position working in the correctional system for Lake Land. Staff and Dean were easy to work with and eager to offer support.
excellent team environment
Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 3, 2016
Working at Workforce Development Center for Lake Land College has been a rewarding and enriching experience. The supervisor and colleagues that I have worked with have been fantastic. Unfortunately, the position that I have is grant funded and due to budget issues in the state of Illinois the job is not very stable.
Pros
Excellent work environment and support from colleagues
Cons
Uncertain future.
A great learning oportunity.
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Sometimes working with difficult personalities was a big challenge that I got better at with time. I solved a lot of difficult problems that bigger garages just wouldn't have the time for. I learned to manage small groups of students demonstrating various repairs and troubleshooting technics.
Lake Land College
PART-TIME LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 20, 2016
Lake Land College is a great place to work. This school, too, is experiencing budget issues to the state's ongoing budget impasse. This institution does not pay as well as some other community colleges in the area.
Amazing working environment with great co-workers.
Admissions and Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
This is currently a part time position that provided me with great costumer service practice. While working for Lake Land I would spend my day traveling to different college fairs, recruiting high school students to attend the college.
High student interaction
Financial Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 1, 2016
My job works almost exclusively with students. You can't stay in this position if you aren't able to handle customer service.
Pros
Shortened Summer work week, okay vacation packet, paid holidays, good sick leave
Cons
IL budget makes job security iffy, quality of boss depends upon department
Hard to advance
Admin Assist (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 4, 2015
Advancement is not dependent on experience but rather the degree listed. Benefits are really good; Friday's off in the Summer, around 2 weeks off at Christmas time. It's just very difficult to advance and the hourly rate isn't the best.
Fantastic culture, people, responsibilities, schedule
Counseling Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 25, 2015
Wonderful staff to work with and learned so much from this job. Management really cared about their employees and they cared about each person. Loved the interaction with the people, phone and staff and was able to perform duties with excellence. Learned I loved the college/university atmorsphere and worked hard to impress my superiors. Learned that I fit in well with the learning environment and excelled with the duties I was expected to fulfill. It was a great confidence booster and I was able to do more than ever expected. This did not feel like a "job" and I looked forward everyday to going to work. I usually went early and stayed late just to help in whatever ways I could.
Pros
Wonderful staff, management, atmosphere, responsibilities
Cons
Wages were low and needed more to support a family