Lake Land College

Lake Land College United States Employee Reviews

Overall, a great place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILApril 1, 2015
Overall, a great place to work. Currently in the midst of a leadership shift, but lots of great employees and students make it all worthwhile.
Great place.
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ILFebruary 11, 2015
I learned so much at this wonderful place. The staff were kind, respectful, and collaborative. My co-workers were fun, determined, and understanding.
An Excellent Academic Working Environment
Adjunct Humanities and Reading Faculty (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2015
As an instructor, individuals are motivated and supported by the administration to conduct their labors in the most efficient and student centered manner. Though pay and course availability are important issues, as a professor at LLC, many freedoms are afforded in terms of curriculum, course management, and design. Therefore, LLC is a great place to teach for the motivated innovator!
Director of the Center for Business and Industry (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2015
My wife and I both work there and it is a great place to work! It is the first job I have ever had where I felt truly appreciated and that my expertise was valued. They are looking toward the future and trying to make a difference in the community as well as enriching the lives of the students that attend there.
Adjunct Instructor, Climate & Weather (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILNovember 16, 2014
Pros: teaching
Cons: low pay
Good work and a joy to come to. I just wish the pay had been better.
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist
Financial Aid Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: knowing that you have helped someone achieve their goal of a college education.
Cons: no, benefits, no chance for advancement.
A typical day at work consists of helping students with their FAFSA and the required documentation. I am also in charge of record maintenance. If any of the other supervisors need help with their job duties I also assist them.
An overall sublime experience. Wonderful peers and great students!
Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 31, 2014
Lake Land College provided me plenty of teaching opportunities -- Composition I and II, Composition Skills, Business Writing, and even Introduction to Literature a few times. As adjunct faculty, I did not get to know every humanities instructor, but those I met were very cordial and always helpful.
Great Co-Workers
Administrative Assistant to Associate VP for ES (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJune 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is willing to offer a helping hand. Even though it is not their job, they will go out of their way to help.
The Truth
Special Projects (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILApril 29, 2014
The culture at Lake Land is very rewarding. The desire for success of the students coupled with the value placed on employees (staff/admin/faculty) create a very enjoyable work environment and yet, there is still room to challenge each other to excel and continue with professional development.
Stressful place to work
Construction Instructor (Former Employee), Danville, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: your students were inmates
It was in a prison setting your teaching abilities were limited per security reasons. I learned about prison life and security measures that are necessary in controlling the inmates. The hardest part of the job was that you always had to be aware of your surroundings and keeping a watchful eye on your students because they were inmates and you could not trust them.
Located within a Correctional Facility
Administrative Assistant to Associate Dean (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: in a prison
Too much needless paperwork. Could have been much more streamlined. Minimum wage position. No advancement possibilities.
Staff was wonderful!
Great benefits and work environment, with very friendly employees
Child Care Lab Director (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fridays off in the summer
Cons: administrative leaders who are disconnected to the workforce.
Lake Land College was a steady and stable place to work. It came with wonderful benefits and compensation. Salaries are competitive. There are many very friendly and cooperative employees and faculty members who have the willingness to align their daily work habits with the Lake Land College core vision and values. In the workplace their is a positive desire for student success and developing partnerships with community organizations.
Pleasant atmosphere and challenging.
Tutor (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 12, 2013
Each day is different. I set my schedule around what is needed. The people I work with are all very positive. There are different problems to solve and I like helping the students with their needs. I can work one on one or in a group.

There is not a hard part to the job. I enjoy helping people realize that they can accomplish what they have set out to do. I
accounting intern
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 9, 2013
• Accounts payable for all sales and service activities at the college
• Accounts receivable on student accounts
• Supervised payment of Foundation gifts to the appropriate scholarship fund
• Conducted financial analysis of the grants and verified that every expenditure was in compliance with the intent the grant award
• Served as first point of contact for financial aid recipients seeking refunds; reviewed paperwork and verified refunds were accurate
• Preparing journal entries and match bank reconciliations prepared by the Comptroller to the journal entries.
• Sourced documentation for the annual external audit; built expertise in identifying appropriate receipts to support the documentation request
Lake Land College is an excellent place to work.
Child Care Lab Director (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, fridays off during the summer, creative work environment, flexibility and employee support.
Cons: the administrators can be disconnected from the non-faculty workforce.
Lake Land College has an overall vision of educating minds, changing lives, through the power of learning. This is accomplished by emulating the following core values into the daily work habits, caring, communication, teamship, innovation and excellece.
Great people
Tutor (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, people, you make a difference
Cons: pay, some times groups got too large
The staff in the tutoring center is very friendly and helpful everyone was willing to help anyone as best they could. the hardest part of this job was submitting your hours sheets, (depending on who you tutored you had to submit to different departments)
Educational School
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 12, 2013
Great College, very fun and easy to communicate with staff.
A friendly environment away from the city
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no health/ medical insurance if you are a part time, no food options besides subway, and accounting office is cocky
I would come into work and not expect it too be busy in parking. At the Communications and Creative Services department, the staff are nice and hardworking. Besides the hectic work load, I enjoy my job as a graphic designer intern.

Since I work from 8am to 5pm, I get 2 breaks. I can either eat out or take a walk around the campus and meet employees and colleagues.

If I get bored, I will have lunch outside campus and head to town.
Tutor students in programming and office suite (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free books
It was very productive were I could keep my skills up while tutoring the students. I also was asked to learn new skills to tutor in other subjects.
Laid-back workplace with flexible hours
Microcomputer Specialist (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 10, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, decent environment
Cons: low pay
Co-workers are generally fun. I administered Linked Clones from VMware daily, as well as many other network services from Windows Servers. The most difficult aspect of the job was developing great solutions for complex problems that presented themselves regularly. I enjoyed being able to fit work hours around me.