Lake Land College

Lake Land College Employer Reviews

An overall sublime experience. Wonderful peers and great students!
Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 31, 2014
Lake Land College provided me plenty of teaching opportunities -- Composition I and II, Composition Skills, Business Writing, and even Introduction to Literature a few times. As adjunct faculty, I did not get to know every humanities instructor, but those I met were very cordial and always helpful.
Great Co-Workers
Administrative Assistant to Associate VP for ES (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJune 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is willing to offer a helping hand. Even though it is not their job, they will go out of their way to help.
The Truth
Special Projects (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILApril 29, 2014
The culture at Lake Land is very rewarding. The desire for success of the students coupled with the value placed on employees (staff/admin/faculty) create a very enjoyable work environment and yet, there is still room to challenge each other to excel and continue with professional development.
Stressful place to work
Construction Instructor (Former Employee), Danville, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: your students were inmates
It was in a prison setting your teaching abilities were limited per security reasons. I learned about prison life and security measures that are necessary in controlling the inmates. The hardest part of the job was that you always had to be aware of your surroundings and keeping a watchful eye on your students because they were inmates and you could – more... not trust them. – less
Life learning skills that helps you get ready for the real thing
Student (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: skills in helping others and great instructors
Cons: long nights and sleep deprivation
I have learnt a lot through Lake Land College. I learnt self discipline skills, self motivation skills, and time management skills. I have never work as hard in any other job than I have at Lake Land College. The achievements and the self esteem boost are far worth it. Now that I have managed to push myself through it I get the satisfaction in helping – more... others. – less
Located within a Correctional Facility
Administrative Assistant to Associate Dean (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: in a prison
Too much needless paperwork. Could have been much more streamlined. Minimum wage position. No advancement possibilities.
Staff was wonderful!
Great benefits and work environment, with very friendly employees
Child Care Lab Director (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fridays off in the summer
Cons: administrative leaders who are disconnected to the workforce.
Lake Land College was a steady and stable place to work. It came with wonderful benefits and compensation. Salaries are competitive. There are many very friendly and cooperative employees and faculty members who have the willingness to align their daily work habits with the Lake Land College core vision and values. In the workplace their is a positive – more... desire for student success and developing partnerships with community organizations. – less
Pleasant atmosphere and challenging.
Tutor (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 12, 2013
Each day is different. I set my schedule around what is needed. The people I work with are all very positive. There are different problems to solve and I like helping the students with their needs. I can work one on one or in a group.

There is not a hard part to the job. I enjoy helping people realize that they can accomplish what they have set out – more... to do. I – less
accounting intern
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILDecember 9, 2013
• Accounts payable for all sales and service activities at the college
• Accounts receivable on student accounts
• Supervised payment of Foundation gifts to the appropriate scholarship fund
• Conducted financial analysis of the grants and verified that every expenditure was in compliance with the intent the grant award
• Served as first point of contact – more... for financial aid recipients seeking refunds; reviewed paperwork and verified refunds were accurate
• Preparing journal entries and match bank reconciliations prepared by the Comptroller to the journal entries.
• Sourced documentation for the annual external audit; built expertise in identifying appropriate receipts to support the documentation request – less
Lake Land College is an excellent place to work.
Child Care Lab Director (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, fridays off during the summer, creative work environment, flexibility and employee support.
Cons: the administrators can be disconnected from the non-faculty workforce.
Lake Land College has an overall vision of educating minds, changing lives, through the power of learning. This is accomplished by emulating the following core values into the daily work habits, caring, communication, teamship, innovation and excellece.
Great people
Tutor (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, people, you make a difference
Cons: pay, some times groups got too large
The staff in the tutoring center is very friendly and helpful everyone was willing to help anyone as best they could. the hardest part of this job was submitting your hours sheets, (depending on who you tutored you had to submit to different departments)
Educational School
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 12, 2013
Great College, very fun and easy to communicate with staff.
A friendly environment away from the city
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILJuly 3, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no health/ medical insurance if you are a part time, no food options besides subway, and accounting office is cocky
I would come into work and not expect it too be busy in parking. At the Communications and Creative Services department, the staff are nice and hardworking. Besides the hectic work load, I enjoy my job as a graphic designer intern.

Since I work from 8am to 5pm, I get 2 breaks. I can either eat out or take a walk around the campus and meet employees – more... and colleagues.

If I get bored, I will have lunch outside campus and head to town. – less
Tutor students in programming and office suite (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free books
It was very productive were I could keep my skills up while tutoring the students. I also was asked to learn new skills to tutor in other subjects.
What you make of it
Tutor (Former Employee), Mattoon IllinoisJuly 2, 2012
Like anywhere, if you put good into it you get good out. Students come looking for answers and if you dont know them or how to find them it is not the job for you.
My Experience at lake Land College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJune 30, 2012
Pros: the entire experience was a total pro
Cons: there were no cons
It was one of the most exciting, and rewarding positions I have ever had. If I did not have to relocate to CA I would like to have worked there for the rest of my working years.
My co-workers were kind, helpful, understanding,and warm. The students were exciting and eager to learn and experience my teaching methods.
The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was interacting with a diverse group of adult students.
I learned that teaching is an ever learning experience with adults, as well as, children – less
Lakeland College is a community college in rural Illinois
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILMay 1, 2012
I previously worked full time for Lakeland as a Workforce Development Quality Assurance Coordinator and currently work as an adjunct faculty member in their Social Sciences Division.