Lake Michigan College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Instructor OIS and CIS (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJune 6, 2016
The job of an adjunct instructor is both rewarding and flexible. The subjects and teaching assignments vary by semester. It is always fulfilling to see students reach their goals and be successful.
Pros
Part-time, working with students, excellent department head
Cons
Not being paid for many extra hours of prep and working with students outside of the classroom
Lmc
Instructor (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MIFebruary 27, 2016
The staff and the workers are all amazingly nice people. Work is very easy and laid back. Students love to learn and participate.
Pros
Good food, friendly staff
Cons
No advancements
I enjoy what I do
EMT-Basic Class Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MINovember 23, 2015
Working as a lab assistant at LMC is a great feeling. I enjoy the fact that I get to help individuals become EMT Basics. I have always loved helping people and what better way to do it then when they're at the their most vulnerable. To be able share experiences, teach the knowledge that I have, and watch students become strong and independent members of the ems community means the world to me.
Pros
It's only 2 semesters a year
Cons
it's not enough time
Educational facility with great benefits
Hope. (PATH)-PATH Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake, MIOctober 29, 2015
Excellent place to work, low keyed and laid back to some extent. No micro-management or unethical practices. Not all about the numbers but your personal growth and development within the company and in your personal life. Lots of variety in a day, from people coming into the office for assistance, trainings offered and new projects.
Pros
Educational benefits for myself and my family.
Great people to work with.
Clerical/Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJune 23, 2015
I worked directly under the Dean of the business department and although he is no longer with them, he was great. The whole staff was a pleasure to work with.
Overall Lake Michigan College is okay!
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 2, 2015
The best part of working there is the joy of helping the students. The management is dis-organized and there is no support for advancement.
Pros
Helping students
Work Study - Clerical
Assistant to Vice President of Administrative Svcs (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 29, 2014
I very much enjoyed my short work study position at LMC.
I kept busy and was able to help out in a few departments.
Pros
great work study
Cons
better for younger people needing the experience.
Working with a good stuffs improves production.
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 20, 2014
I work hard and communicate well with my co-workers.

I learn alot each day on how to deal with problems which tend to approach in different manners daily.

The hardest part of the job is when things get more busy and each of every client needs to be attended on time.

Payday tends to be the most enjoyable part of the job
It was a great learning step
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 19, 2014
it was a great experince and had challenging work but overall it was fun trying to figure out the solution
Productive fun place in which everyone works together for the common good of having students succeed!
Life Coach (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Overall I like LMC as an employer. My program allows a flexible work schedule and I have wonderful people around me all day!
Pros
not a competitive environment
Cons
commuting
friendly enviroment
Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 5, 2013
It's a good place to work, especially if you never had a job before. They work with your school schedule.
We work with students and help they with any problems they have. we call and make appointment sor to see how they are doing and we email/send letters to studetns; we file documents, clean up the room.
the hards part of the job would be during progress reports because we have to get ahold of all the teachers and get information and half the time we have hound them for the grades and then we file before students start showing up. the most enjoyable part would be the parties we have once a month to celebrate birthdays in that month.
Cons
no benifits, only allowed 10 hours a week
ok
full time student (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 23, 2013
It a college. I took classes there to advance my education. It a school not really a career.
College Work Study
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJune 28, 2012
It is a nice place to be a work study at. The people and the atmosphere are great.

4.6