Lake Norman Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Interesting place, altogether
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 23, 2017
It was an intriguing work experience, altogether. You're constantly on your feet and the people you meet on a day to day basis can become your best friends. The hardest part of my job would have to be keeping up with the fast paced environment, but after I began to figure out my own rhythm, the fast paced environment seemed a bit stressful, but it was fun nonetheless.
Certified Pharmacy Technician - Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. Extremely good work environment. The people are kind and giving and the pay is decent. The nursing staff is awesome. Can be a fast paced working environment as all hospitals can but overall a good place to work. Very professional and family oriented.
Pros
professional and friendly
Cons
can be fast paced at times
Poor on-site management .
Director HIM (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 19, 2017
Being owned by CHS, you had no input to processes, everything came from corporate. Your suggestions and ideas at the facility level are not heard. When Administration announced they would decrease all FT non-clinical work hours, I asked to spearhead a cost savings team that would utilize staff ideas to resolve expense issues. Administration shut it down saying they had looked at all alternatives. "Administration limited staff printing/copying with color". Seriously? How about the suggestion shot down of putting new employee handbook on a flash drive vs., printing 80 pages for each new employee, which is mostly thrown away. Then you include paper /ink to print on, staff labor hours to sort and staple.
When there is a change that has to be made to the documents, any previously printed copies are thrown away and more copies, ink, staff time involved to update. Not to mention the trees.

Horrible motivation.

Administration is in an ivory tower rarely seen in the halls of the hospital, except for the CNO. Promotional opportunities are available only to the "in" crowd.

LNRMC works you like a dog and pay is not comparable to local facilities. And they wonder why turnover is approx.30% . They cannot keep the best talent.

Unfortunate, for the community to have a hospital that is so dysfunctional. Lot's of good staff people work here.
Pros
Nice facility.
Cons
Limited promotional opportunity. Gossip. Work you like a dog.
Practice Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 14, 2017
None Women are not like in management. Must be able to work everyday short of staff Not willing to hired people when there is a need and it is knew
Positive place to work for
Monitor Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 11, 2017
I would come in and help patients after surgery or support them as they have been hospitalized because they are sick. I learned how to be a monitor tech and built more skills toward being a cna. Management was always helpful and flexible. Workplace culture was growing positively. The hardest part of my job was the long hours and working many days. I absolutely love acute care and caring for patients that are fresh out of surgery.
A place that helped so many people.
Benefits Verification Specialist / Patient Caller (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 19, 2017
I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of a place that put so many people. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the many patients that came through daily.
Pros
Working with my team and helping our patients.
Cons
None.
Bottom line is all they care about
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 12, 2017
After many long hard years at lnrmc working all shifts, nights, weekends, and taking call 5 of us were "laid off". Just to make management look good for their bonuses.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible mngmnt. Horrible pay. No raises. BaD food when you could get it.
Enjoyed working there. Upset when they closed down my department and I was out of work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 22, 2017
For the most part Lake Norman Shared Service Center was a decent place to work. It was upsetting to be told with no warning that my department was being shut down and I would be out of work. They gave us a month and a half of notice when they announced we would be closing. They assured us they would assist us in finding work at the Lake Norman Medical Center. That was not true, I am still looking for work after over a year. I have had some interviews at Lake Norman Medical Center but since over two hundred people apply for one job, it is difficult to be chosen. It would have been nice to be placed in other positions at Lake Norman Medical Center but this has not happened.
Pros
Good pay and chance for bonuses.
Cons
Poor training, you have to learn on your own.
Exciting
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 3, 2017
This was a great experience and fun job. You always got to see new and interesting things you wouldn't see elsewhere. Fast paced which is always great to make the day go by fast and keep you busy.
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 25, 2017
I took care of patients needs during 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am. I worked closely with the nurses on Med/Sur and Oncology and learned many required skills for my RN license. Management for this position was usually the nurses I work with very professional. The medical industry and culture is very rewarding for me. The hardest part of my job was terminal patients and the relationships with the patients families. The most enjoyable part is helping people and working with the nurses and doctors. Learning in this industry is an everyday part of life. It changes all the time.
Enjoyed this Hospital
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCNovember 15, 2016
This place was wonderful! Always friendly people to talk to. Showed all staff appreciation. Great rotations so that no one felt "burnt out". Only reason I left was that my direct supervisor made me work over when I had class (was in college, supervisor was aware upon hiring me).
Security at Lake Norman Regional Center
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 29, 2016
At Lake Norman Regional Center, I was tasked with scheduling care for IVC (Involuntary Committal Patients), and providing overall security for the hospital.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Not competetive
Getting worse
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 6, 2016
Things have gotten really bad here. Upper management is worse than the last group. It's all about the money. I will never bring my family here.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Low pay, benefits are not up to par
Housekeep
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 22, 2015
I like my job because of people but the pay is terrible. Great place to work if you are in school or just wanting part time work.
Pros
Work for good people
Cons
Not enough pay for what we do
Hard to adjust to management changing every 6 months
Linen Tech/Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Great hours but they but a lot on one person in a short work day to make sure you all your work done on time. There were no benefits given to employee. There wasn't room for advancement or raises not giving for 2.5 years. Every 6 months the rules and Management changed.
Pros
I was the boss of the Linen room.
Cons
Short breaks, no health insurance
In my opinion
Billing Specialist/ Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billing ReimbursementJuly 28, 2015
A typical day involves an atmosphere, in my opinion, similar to that of a high school setting. There seems to be, at this present time, a lot of turnovers. Communication and training of my current job is very minimum. I report to work daily, trying to find ways of improving my current state to learn on the job training, but to no avail. I have took the initiative to put myself in webinars and contacted training individuals.
Most of the coworkers, bicker, whisper and gossip of each other, with management choosing its favorites.
Pros
Lunch on campus
Cons
pay and distance
Great company to work for
Accounts Receivables Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 6, 2015
however, no stability due to constant buyouts. No structure or leadership skills, no training, turn over rate is extremely high
Ok for entry level positions
Patient Access Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 23, 2015
Been working at this facility for some time- large work load that keeps growing, with little education/training on new policies and procedure. Attempted to become certified patient access clerk, manager did not even know what I was talking about - though it's a common certification. Little recognition for hard work.
Pros
Job stability and great insurance
Cons
No opportunity for career growth, work hard with little recognition, very low pay for job responsibilities
Good
Emergency room tech/front desk registration (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJune 16, 2015
I enjoy my job here. 12 hour shifts are just hard with a family. Benefits for this company are great. Great managers to work with.
Professional environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMay 22, 2015
Professional environment
Efficient and effective in practice
Productive working relationship with co-workers
Involved management team