Lake Norman Regional Medical Center

Lake Norman Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Lack of pay
Medical Biller (Former Employee), MooresvilleMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor pay, boring
Was hired as a medical biller, and when got in the position did not do any of the duties that I was told in the interview. Environment is very clickish. They barely want you talk in the office. Went to orientation one day, and was supposed to be trained the rest the of the week. When I asked questions, they looked at me like I was crazy.
Overall great O.R. Surgeons caring compassionate.
Registered Nurse in Operating Room (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: hard working staff and surgeons
Cons: pay raises few, not all persons work as a team. benefits come and go as company is being sold.
Fast paced, learn as you go environment. Multiple personalities and walks of life to modify teaching and inform. Various styles of management, teaching, and communicating throughout the O.R.
Most co-workers clear and precise about needs. Always aiding others in the responsibilities as a Circulating nurse. Physical tasks plentiful. Also a caring compassionate – more... team of people. – less
Very serious and goal oriented society
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCOctober 20, 2013
I, personally, loved volunteering at Lake Norman. I got a very homey, feel-good vibe from the nurses. I loved interacting with them, as well as the patients. As a person who intends on entering the medical field, this volunteer program gave me the experience I need to see what life is like in this field.
Friendly environment
Unit Secretary/CNA/Sitter (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: holiday pay, great benefits
The environment is overall friendly. The benefits are great and the company pays majority. The co-workers are very accepting of the new staff. The best part of the job would be the patients. They show their gratitude in the most simplest ways and it means the most.
Life as a Nurse
Nursing Supervisor/RN bedside (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCAugust 16, 2013
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
I absolutely love what I do! I feel like everyday that I work, I make a difference in someones life. Whether it be a patient, patient family member or a co-worker, I set out to make them feel better about themselves or their current situation.
In the 9 years of nursing and 37 years in life,I have learned and am continuing to learn to slow down, take – more... deep breaths and be the best that I can be for that day.
As nursing supervisor I get to interact with all departments in the hospital and in doing so try to learn about medications and daily practices that are pertinent to that floor. I love when I am nursing supervisor because I get to interact with pretty much all of the employees of the hospital. I really do care to know the people I work with.
My co-workers are the best!! Half the reason I work where I work is because of my co-workers and my Nursing Director!!
Hardest part of the job...being short staffed. Hands down.
The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for the sick and for 12 hours of my day I get to nurture someone back to health (ex: give medications, procedures, education and just listening to the patient) – less
Poor Management, awful working environment, unsafe
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Emergency RoomAugust 13, 2013
Cons: poor management and working environment
A typical day of working at LNRMC consists of walking into a setting where everyone is counting the hours on the clock until they can finally punch out after drowning throughout a 12 hr shift. I received a message DAILY to my phone due to staffing shortages that no one EVER picked up because everyone was already so miserable with the hours they had – more... to spend at the facility. Some co-workers were great but most were miserable, treated their patients poorly, and were rude to other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was standing for 12 hours without a lunch break and being forced to turn patients over before evening having time to enter their assessments in the computer. Management cares only about the bottom line, they spend a lot of time hiding out in their offices when things are really circling the drain. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out at the end of the day knowing your survived another day without losing your nursing license. The hospital is Dangerous for both the staff and patients. I would not even allow my parents to come here for something as basic as stitches. – less
Nice location, low pay for the job required, non supportive management
CNA, Trauma Registrar,CphT (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJune 20, 2013
Pros: great location and co-workers
Cons: non supportive mangement
A typical day at the ER depends on the patients that come in. Mostly consisted of registering patients for the emergency department, admitting patients to the hospital, and collecting money for copayments.

I learned alot about Traumas and Emergency Medicine.

Management was not supportive and had a common goal of what is best for the money, not patient – more... centered care. Financial counciling was made part of our job. I didn't feel safe telling patients they had to pay for their stay or leave since they were not deemed an emergency by the physician. Staffing was a big issue. Not enough nurses to take care of the patients.

I like my co-workers, when we had staff.

The hardest part of the job was not having support from management .

The easiest part of the job was my co-workers were really great and we worked as a team . – less
Typical Inpatient Pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: great pharmacy staff
Cons: healthcare is subpar and expensive and low pay
I fill prescriptions, refill Acudose and deliver medications hourly. Very typical of an inpatient pharmacy. Becomes less busy during warm months.
aweful management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 19, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: mis management
Only thing was meeting fellow great nurses and taking care of patients..hma terrible
Skills not used properly left for advancement
Mammography Technologist/Scheduler (Current Employee), 171 FAIRVIEW LANE MOORESVILLE NC 28117April 23, 2013
Pros: location hours worked here twelve years
Cons: management
Management did not treat employees with same policy and views. Direct Supervisor did not know how torun department and would not listen to ideas of those that would to make the situations better and create better patient care and productivity
This is a very tough place to work , no breaks or you have to explain understaffed and poor management
caregiver (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCApril 3, 2013
Pros: none that i am aware of
Cons: no breaks if you do your job there is no one to do your job if you take one
Very poor company to work for. You never know where you will be or what staffing will be in place . Management takes little or no responsibility or accountability for their actions or decisions and it is pretty much sink or swim . Learn to take the knife out of your back ! Very helpful career tool there.Insurance is terrible you have to use their facility – more... or they will not pay . Staffing is minimal it is a profit hospital so the bottom line is not patient safety,acuity it the almighty dollar. If you have lots of tissue to wipe your nose this is the place for you – less
see below
Staff MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMarch 23, 2013
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
This facility is obsessed with the bottom line. There is no typical day as each day you do not know your hours, if you will have any help or if you will have any patients due to facilities bad reputation.
I learned how to move 300 lb. patients by myself, check for breathing on in patients that had been heavily sedated but had no nurse with them due – more... to poor nurse staffing and educate hospitalists and referring physicians on how to order MRI exams.
The managements main concern was volume although the CEO managed to alienate referring physicians and on call surgeons.
My co-workers were great, although they were so short staffed that you could rarely find one to help with any issue.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing if you would have a job and having no help.
The most enjoyable part of the job, the grateful patients. – less
Horrible place to work
Clerical (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMarch 12, 2013
antiquated equipment and software, horrible management, not a patient friendly environment.
Great Place to Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCOctober 17, 2012
Lake Norman is a great place to work. I had to leave my position with them because of available hours.
Productive and fun place to work most of the time, with computers in every room.
ED Nurse (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: no breaks, rarely get lunch
I work PRN, Iam not elegible for benefits.
My typicle day at work is very busy in the emergency department, we usually do not ge breaks, or evven lunch. However, I have no complaints, I enjoy being busy at work, I wouls rather be busy than bored. Most of the co workers are very helpful and easy to get along with. There is always a few in every bunch – more... that will not be a team player. But for the most part, everyone works together for the best interest ofo the patient. The hardest part of the job for me, is the organization of how their systm runs in this ED. I have worked several ED's as a traveler and this one operates a little different. For instance, they bring the pt to his room to triage instead of the triage room, or a seperate location. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and feeling as though they really appriciate your hard work. – less
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCMay 11, 2012
I enjoyed the time that I worked at LNRMC but they could have paid a little better. Since I worked there they have been taken over by Novant and I am sure that a lot has changed. There was not a lot of drama and most everyone was nice and easy to get along with. They also believed in patient satisfaction and making people feel good.
great environment to learn in
Phlebotomy Student (Former Employee), LabDecember 1, 2011
Pros: excellent place to train, excellent cafeteria to rest for a moment, very relaxing
Cons: long walks from one area to another area, made it easy to get lost
I was trained by professionals who took their job serious and also enjoyed what they do. Even management was willing to show students right from wrong and was never judgemental.