Lake Region Medical

Lake Region Medical Employer Reviews

We had a very productive facility.There were 3 plants and ours always seem to make the most parts and revenue.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of making as many quality medical guide wires as possible. We would have a sort of unspoken competition between shifts to see who could make the most guide wires. We did a lot of overtime and got to know our co workers very well. During the time I worked there I learned how to use a barrel micrometer, weld, buff wires – more... and final inspection, how to read drawings, how to use a pull test and break test machine, how to fine manipulate the guide wires into the proper shape after pull testing, how to stretch a certain section of the guide wires to conform to the drawing, how to put cores inside the coils,and how to j bend the wires to specs.
Management was pretty strict. We had a very specific amount of time we were allowed to punch in and out, a very tight attendance policy, dress code and behavior.
My co workers were of all sizes,shapes,ages and personalities. For the most part everyone got along quite well. There were some personality clashes but that is to be expected in a group of that size.Many people came and went over the years but most stayed and had long careers. Many of us still keep in touch and it has been 10 years since the plant closed.
The hardest part of the job for me was when I had to final inspect wires that were 231cm long. Most wires were 60cm or shorter. Luckily those only came around once in a while.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was mastering all the jobs on the assembly line. I liked being able to fill in where needed. We also had special times that the company would reward us for a job well done. It was nice for us to be appreciated when sometimes the hours were long and hard. – less
Productive workplace
Production/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Salem, VaMarch 22, 2014
A typical day at work would involve lots of visual inspection of medical components with microscopes, micrometers and calipers.
Productive and good team work
Medical assembly (Former Employee), Chaska, MNMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good benefit
Cons: the work place is too small
My review is maintain an excellent attendance , problem solving and job knowledge, quality, and productivity.
Productive fun workplace and got along with co-workers.
Buffed Guide Wire (Former Employee), Park, PAJanuary 11, 2014
I enjoyed going to work. I knew a lot of friends that worked there and enjoyed what I did.
Ok place to work. Stable job security.
Packager (Current Employee), Chaska, MNDecember 31, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management. co workers.the drive and hours.
Job security is stable.On the production floor, When department is slow, they don't lay you off but move you to a busier department and train you in that area.You can quickly advance in the department by taking tests and getting certified.Management is bad.They only do what's best for them. Alot of favoritism and petty co workers.Employees who are on – more... the favoritism list gets away with ALOT of things.When a mistake is made, somebody always has to get blamed. Benefits and pay are ok. Alot of options to choose from .Production hours are 4 10 hour days.Or weekends 12 hour 3 days.Upper management and Office hours 5 8 hour days – less
A medium size company stuck with practices of a small company.
Senior Supplier Quality Technician (Former Employee), Chaska, MNMarch 26, 2013
Pros: good people work there.
Cons: their progress is being inhibited by continuing old practices.
- My manager did not comunicate very well.
- When answers to questions were offered, they were harshly turned away.
- Too often, materials were under or uninspected to be rejected in manufacturing.
Lake Region was a good place to work and you had the oppotunity to learn new jobs and make more money.
Production worker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PA ( Moved to Ireland. )July 29, 2012
Pros: good raises, pto, incentive programs.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was I punched into work, and then I punched into what ever department / line I was working on that day. Sometimes I moved around and worked on different lines / departments depending on where I was needed. I was certified in almost every department, once you get certified on a job you also make more money. As far as management – more... was concerned I always received good reviews. My co-workers were great, everyone worked together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was training new workers on jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new jobs. – less
Accounts Receivable Lead (Former Employee), Chaska, MNApril 18, 2012
Pros: good benefits, family friendly environment.
Lakr Region Medical was a great place to work. i was able to start in production and progress into different departments.The owners were friendly and down-to-earth. I enjoyed my co-workers. They were knowledgable and worked well as a team.