Lake Superior Consulting Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good field work environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 27, 2017
LSC is a small company and invest in their employees. When economy is good, billable project hours are not hard to achieve. Travel is a must for most billable hours as LSC is a service company and people are the main asset. The hardest part of the job is staying busy and finding those billable hours when projects are not at the doorstep. Communication between employee and manager is a weak area.
Pros
small company, friendly environment
Cons
Billable projects is #1, Communication
Good but difficult place to work.
Procurement & MDS Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 10, 2017
Very little emphasis on work life balance. Learned a great deal. Worked with great people. Leadership somewhat unsure of direction they want to move forward in current economy.
My Experience
Worker (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 30, 2017
If you don't mind being thrown under the bus when your Manager promises something that he can't deliver and then blames his workers for the failure, this is a great place.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
Bad Reviews, Bad Managers
Friendly Environment but lack of comunication
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 27, 2016
I was recently let go because i was told i had a lack of attention to detail, and the company was running low on work. This would be fine if i would have been told that this needed to be fixed. I was never once told that i need to pay more attention to detail, and if a mistake was made i was told "No problem, its part of the process". I feel a lack of communication on the upper end causes more errors from the ones doing the drawings.
Pros
Nice friendly people
Cons
Lack of communication, and often given contradicting information
Dont plan to advance within this company.
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 29, 2016
Keep your head down and do as your told or you just my end up where I am. If you want to be management be over 5'10", short hair, skinny and white.
Spring time
Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 18, 2014
It was hard come every spring. I was in at work 4:30-5:00 am until 5:00 at night. I worked these hours Monday through Friday. I also worked until noon on Saturdays. This got to be a very long spring when it started in March & lasted until July.