Lake Trust Credit Union Employee Reviews

A place to learn
Lending Servicing (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 17, 2017
Great Place to work. Currently in transition so the company is realigning the staff. Great work place culture. Management is great with making your work schedule flexible
Pros
friendly staff
Great forward thinking company with fantastic new headquarters.
Various (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI 48114June 6, 2017
Worked there for a number of years and was promoted 4 times. Great management and support for continuing education for those who are interested. The staff is top notch for the most part. The highest quality of customer service is expected from every employee from the Tellers to the CEO.
Insurance is pretty good and reasonable
Attend sales/service meetings (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 27, 2017
Pretty good to work for. The insurance is very reasonable for a whole family. Very nice to be able to wear jeans daily! The Headquarters is very nice with a cafeteria and a 24hr gym you can use.
Great
Member Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Great, excellent organization. Very helpful and educational environment. Very fun and engaging personnel. I have learned a lot about finances and and customer service
Director Corporate Responsibility (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Good place to work. Great people. Good management. Great work environment. Community/ member focused organization. Workplace culture is casual and pleasant
Overall good
Member Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  JenisonFebruary 9, 2017
Training was very extensive and in Brighton. Great people to work with, who love the company. As long as you have a positive outlook on life you will go far there. Great company that really allows you to be yourself, and they mean it, be yourself.
great place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 11, 2016
I loved working for Lake Trust but they keep on changing the way they do things over and over. Pay and benefits were good and can move around or up in career
Good Place to work
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MINovember 21, 2016
I enjoy working for Lake Trust. Some separation from upper management. Not a lot of room for advancement. Very nice coworkers.
Enjoy working with our members.
Member Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 28, 2016
The co-workers of Lake Trust Credit Union are great. Lots of ways to learn new information and gain knowledge. Offers education reimbursement. Paid Holidays and Sundays off. Great benefits for paid vacations.
Awesome place to work!
Member Experience (Current Employee) –  West MichiganJuly 12, 2016
Lake Trust is awesome! By far the best job I have ever had. The people are friendly, my manager is awesome! Definitely apply if you get the chance!
Teller, Member Service and Loans
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MIMay 22, 2016
I would open a teller window but was prepared to do whatever our members needed during my day. I would open accounts or take a loan application. I helped our members with online banking, notary services, signature guarantee or a home equity application.
Pros
Windows at the branch and could see outside
Cons
half hour lunch break
Working for LTCU
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 4, 2016
Working at Lake Trust was a great experience. Although, they play favorites awesome, I cant say anything bad about my career there.
Relaxed environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2015
Fun loving coworkers, easy to work with.
Management was tough sometimes, but fair.
Hardest part of the job is difficult customers and their demands.
So, you learn to be diplomatic with them and try to work things out within in the confines of policies and procedures. Also, the customers can be a source of joy and enjoyment.
Pros
Nice workplace
Cons
Short lunches
Friendly and proffessional associates
Financial Relationship Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 5, 2015
Great employer to work for. Very good training program. Competitive hours and branch location(s) assigned for new associates.
Pros
Training
Cons
Orgaization of assignment.
great place to work
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 26, 2015
has great benefits, good work environment. very flexible hours. supervisors are very laid back and willing to help. the company itself though I feel has a lack of structure and training.
Good Benefits...PTO Great
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 29, 2015
Lake Trust has good benefits for employees. It is a growing credit union. They give a generous amount of PTO time, as well as paid holidays. They match 150% of the first 4% of contributions to your 401K and 50% on the next 1%.
Very poor Management and culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann ArborJune 14, 2015
Lake Trust was the absolute worst place to work for EVER!!! From the lack of upper management direction (I was told to shut my door & tell employees not to bother us in management, and let them handle things on their own so I could be available to answer emails immediately) seriously what kind of an organization directs their management team to do that?, to what your employees don't know won't hurt them. Again, not a productive reasonable way to handle business & staff members. They are run like a bank (I used to be in banking) and are NOT for the members whatsoever. Many members left when the merger took place, and I feel that that was the best decision ever. The merger between Huron River Area Credit union and Detroit Edison/Lake Trust was the worst business decision ever.
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Lake Trust
Many changes miss all of my co-workers
To obtain a paralegal (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MichiganApril 3, 2015
Great place to work but I wanted to advance in my career so I went back to school. High rate of employee turnover. The most enjoyable part of the job was my close co-workers
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Many Changes
Dont trust executive management
Manager (Current Employee) –  MIApril 2, 2015
Lake Trust "was" a great place to work prior to the announcement of the new CEO. After his arrival long time employees were downsized, and management was led to believe they would always have a place here. Not the case. The hardest part of my job was supporting the direction of the company to my staff. I felt like I was being asked to lie, but it was presented as "they don't have to know all of the details". The most enjoyable part of my job was the individuals who worked for me and watching them grow under my direction.
Pros
Free taco bar when bad news was coming
Cons
Executive leadership
Progressive organization on the cusp of something truly amazing.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  West MichiganMarch 19, 2015
The credit union is a fast changing company, yet that change is purposeful and intentional in creating a one of a kind experience.

I love that they think outside of the box, empower their employees, are socially responsible and strive to be cutting edge.

This is a young culture, so much transformation is still underway. Great things to come....so exciting. Proud to be a part of it!
Pros
culture, forward thinking, jeans every day, great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Trust Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Lake Trust Credit Union Reviews by Location