Lake Trust Credit Union

Lake Trust Credit Union Employer Reviews

Fantastic Place to Work
Service Representative (Current Employee), Lansing MichiganSeptember 29, 2014
I manage member accounts, this includes opening new and closing old accounts, and moving funds between them or externally.

It has been a great experience organizing and maintaining memberships in the credit union. Often times I am able to recommend products or services the members are not aware of that will greatly benefit them in time or in finances. – more... Every member has been a new challenge and experience to work with and the outcome is always rewarding.

It can be challenging dealing with different personalities, but more often than not with teammates we are able to find a solution to even the most difficult of problems. – less
A work in progress
Sales and Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Plymouth, MISeptember 22, 2014
A merger that started in 2010 has shaken the entire organization to the core. Many quality people have either quit or been let go as late as August 2014.
Lake Trust is a fun place to work for.
Virtual Service Technician (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 29, 2014
Balancing General Ledgers daily. Help with Homebaking and Bill pay questions. Answer phones. Set up to have Atm machines fixed or maintence work done on them. Management is great there. I enjoy working with my co workers they are all caring and nice people. I enjoy going to work with my co workers. We all laugh together no one is left out.
Very easy going workplace
Contact Member Rep (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIApril 28, 2014
I love the freedom of nit being micro managed. My co-workers were very warm and friendly. AThe company offered excellent benefits to it's employees.
Trust, Teamwork, Adaptability, Learning, values to live by at Lake Trust
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good opportunities to learn and grow
Cons: going through a lot of reorganization
Good place to work. Lake Trust cares about the communities they serve. They really strive to make a difference.
n/a
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee), Jenison, MIJune 18, 2013
Pros: hour long lunches
Cons: not able to grow within the company
Assist members with accounts. Deposit, withrawals, payments, opening and closing accounts. Guide members in helping them best with their financial needs.
Enjoy the current work I do, but looking for more rewarding opportunities
Risk Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility with work hours
Cons: not many opportunities for advancement
I work independently most days. I travel from Lansing to Brighton twice a week to attend committee meetings and work with my department and supervisor.
I use good judgment while working on projects and find ways to be more efficient with my work ethics.
I enjoy the variety of different things I work on and enjoy learning new things regularly.
Too big; lost the family like atmosphere.
Credit Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 18, 2012
Cons: long term employees were let go & replaced with temporary employees from various agencies.
Unfortunately, for being called Lake Trust, their culture lost what trust means when it comes to their employees. Management does not seem to trust at all. It felt like big brother was always watching your every move. Some supervisors would stand at the door to a department so if an employee would walk in a minute late they would confront them immediately. – more... They would not even ask if they had a problem getting to work. For example, driving to work in a snow storm. One supervisor would just say "you're late" and never be concerned as to why. Some supervisors would micro manage their employees. For example, you could have food at your desk, BUT only if it was on a small snack size plate! It could have been a great place to work IF they simply would put some TRUST & respect into how the employees were treated. – less
Horrible
Mail Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 18, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: liars
These ppl smile in your face and tell you that you are doing great and behind your back post your job online for less money and then replace you for someone willing to work for cheaper. trust me, i know.
Company main focus is the bottom line, people is second.
Supervisor Collection (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIApril 11, 2012
Company lost it,s focus after merger between Detroit Edison Credit Union and NuUnion Credit Union The company is now a small bank with too many fees and no concern for its members or staff