LAKE WALES MEDICAL CENTER

LAKE WALES MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Productive and fun to work with co-workers
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLDecember 11, 2014
Review charts, put in orders, talk with doctors and nurses. communicated with other departments. The atmosphere was friendly and the staff was fun to work with
reason I would recommend LWMC
Staff Mammographer (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLNovember 20, 2014
Always trying to stay on top of technology.
Putting patients first.
Small but Busy
RN ER (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: lunch breaks are rare... no techs of any kind, no housekeeping to turn over rooms... rn's do it all, in the er plus transport pt's
Great team mates, CNO and director...recently acquired by CHS
Average
CT Technologist (Former Employee), 410 S 11th ST Lae Wales, FL 33853September 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Good hospital with great staff. Nurses are friendly and work well with other departments. Hardest part of the job was the physical aspect of moving patients.
Good Caring Hospital
CNA (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FloridaApril 23, 2014
A typical work day was 12 hours long which included taking vital, rounding on patients, assisting patients with toileting and bathing, making beds, tray set up and feeding if needed and fulfilling any other needs the patient may have so that there hospital stay can be as comfortable as possible to promote a healing environment. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and we all worked together as a team. The only down fall was the moving/turning of patients who were excessive weight ( 300 plus pounds) and not always having the proper help and or equipment available to do my job without injury.
Very warm and friendly place to work, people care about each other.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLApril 9, 2014
productive and happy place to work, A typical day is very busy, one has to be able to multi-task. co-workers are very friendly and family oriented.
Excellent place to work.
TCU / ICU / ER Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLApril 6, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Great administration.
For profit business
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLMarch 10, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: for profit business
Flexibility a must in a facility that is for profit and decisions are made on a business model. Rural based community care.
Management is decent, but will fire you without skipping s beat
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good pay for the area
Cons: no room for advancement, will promise to cross-train, but never will
Terrible culture, no loyalty to employees. For profit hospital so you are just a number
Small community hospital
Medical-Surgical/Med-Tele/PCU Nurse (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLDecember 26, 2013
Pros: open to hiring graduate nurses
Cons: high turnover
Worked on the floor where on any given day, I could be taking care of anywhere from 5-7 patients. Typical day on the floor would be checking charts, assessments in the morning followed by giving meds. Very busy hospital with the fact being that you're running around all day long.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lake Wales FloridaSeptember 23, 2013
The work days were very busy w venipunctures and processing labs. My co workers were great to work with
PCU nurse
Staff Nurse- PCU and ICU (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLAugust 17, 2013
Cons: little staff
Take report on patients. Round on patients and chart. Pass medications. Medication counts. Patient care. Answer call lights. Assist fellow coworkers in patient care.
HUC
Health Unit Secretary Medsurg (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nights were easier for me and my family
I had a great working experience at Lake Wales Medical Center. I worked nights from 7pm to 7am. So when i got to work i would take over what the other HUC( Secretary) was doing. Like admissions, filing, entering doctors orders in computer, getting telemotiors for patients. Helping nurses through out the night with orders and getting tests printed out. I had to make sure the area was free of clutter and everything was filed by the end of my shifts. I also went to other floors to help out if they got overload on admissions, to help other secretaries with entering patient data in computer. I had great relationships with everyone i worked with and would go out of my way for any of them. I left because my son had his last open heart surgery and when i came back off LOA he relapsed and i was afraid if i didnt let my job go i would have been fired eventually so i gave them my notice. I have to not worked since. Now everything is great and i am able to continue with a job again.
Challenging Work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: nice atmosphere and employees
Cons: schedule
Enjoyed going to work every day. Management was always encouraging and helpful.
Loved the the value and management of this job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Lake Wales, FLJune 10, 2012
Pros: very nice happy place. attitudes were always left at the door.
Cons: not much room for growth in my position.
This was a great place to work and work with such wonderful caring people. I always felt like I was always comming into work with family members. Everyone worked very hard to get the days work completed and we all worked togather.