Lake Washington Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
great environment
Full Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAApril 21, 2016
I've had a wonderful time working here and I would be willing to work here again when a position opened in the machine technology department here at Lake Washington Institute of Technology.
Work Study Position - Electronics Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 3, 2016
I loved working here while attending school. My bosses were cool and the facility is very frendly in many ways. Dont take my word for it, go by and visit. Ask around and you will see that everyone who works there says the same!
Pros
Lots of perks and free lunches!
Cons
Enjoying work so much I forget to eat.
This is a modern Dental Hygiene teaching institution.
Instructor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 7, 2015
This is a excellence teaching facility to work in to teach students how to become successful dental hygienists.
The colleagues were fun to work with because we all had similar work backgrounds.
The work pace was reasonable to handle.
This is a very fulfilling job to have the opportunity to teach students about a successful career of my own.
Pros
Modern institution with modern equipment to teach students.
Cons
The work was generally part-time.
Productive and fast past
front desk assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland WaJuly 26, 2015
I made appointments, used Microsoft programs like Office and Outlook. I learned how to fax, copy, file, and orginize paper work. My co-works made work enjoyable yet they were hard workers.
Pros
Learned how to use programs and machines
Cons
Didnt get alot of time there
Work in Progress to improve educational standards
Instructor Building Plant Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 29, 2014
A lot of highly qualified, dedicated instructors. I learned a lot while I was there.
Many new upgraded Technology Machines
Head Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJune 19, 2014
A good East side College many new classes been added and many new student every quarter new enrollment.
Pros
excellent benefits
Energetic, amazing workplace
Work Study Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 7, 2014
On a typical work day come in turn on programs and computers open doors straighten up office area, get caught up on phone messages, reply to those, sign students up for either testing or advising, do any extra needed projects if any. What I learned working here was independence, muti-lined phones, Microsoft programs, general office professionalism. My co-workers were great people it was a home away from homes with them, they are very happy, helpful, and are wonderfully generous. The hardest part of this job was that it was a work study position. What I enjoyed most of this job was the opportunity I had to meet the people I did and that I had so many resources at my fingertips for almost anything.
Pros
the staff
Comfortable and motivating atmosphere with great staff and resources for students
Trio Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 5, 2013
As a Trio Tutor, I provided one-on-one personalized math and English tutoring with little to no supervision. My boss and the career specialists I worked with were all incredibly knowledgeable and great to work with.

Each quarter, I typically met with 10-15 students weekly. I tailored lessons according to each of the student's unique learning style and needs. Some of my duties included guiding students through homework problems, assisting with test and report preparation, and demonstrating how to solve math problems to groups of students in the open learning lab. In addition, I helped a career specialist develop instructional materials for algebra, geometry, and statistics courses.

The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the joy and increased confidence of students once they were able to successfully pass a test or class.
Pros
flexible hours and objectively measurable results
Would not recommend
Administrative staff (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 7, 2012
Oh boy. It is extremely rare that I would ever say to anyone "Don't go near that place," but in the case of Lake Washington Institute of Technology, I make an exception. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I was sort of excited to get a position there, but after only three months I wanted to leave. I feel all I did was take minutes; which I don't like doing. Not much was delegated to me, so I never had much to do. Consequently, I feel like I was hired only to fill a seat - no real consideration given to my skills and expertise. Other staff members didn't seem to have much to do either, except cruise the internet and gossip. It's hard to quantify the atmosphere there. Very unfriendly, for starters, including some of the "leadership." I have been in positions that require me to maintain confidentiality; I have done payroll for 800 people, after all. But here, I feel I had to be careful about what I said to anyone, and felt I could only trust a few people. It seems to me management rules by fear, and questionably ethical in conducting business. The pay and benefits are pretty good, but that it is about the only semi-good thing about it. I know for a fact that many people are not happy and are trying to find work elsewhere. It is a black hole of negative energy at this college. I do NOT recommend it. Go elsewhere, please.
Pros
semi-decent pay
Cons
everything else

4.3