LAKELAND BANK Employee Reviews

Great group of people to work with.
Vice President, Government Banking (Former Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Great group of people to work with! Management does not always use talent appropriately, but a great group of caring leaders and a great team of motivated people to work with.
Old ways, little advancement, poor pay
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJAugust 17, 2017
Management has many issues. Honesty and integrity was in very short supply. They pretend to be a 'bank for the community', but not so. The customers have no clue what really goes on behind the scenes. More than once I was directly told the Bank is a 'business for profit'. Surely that is true, but they have made deals that have lost a tremendous amount of money, the customers' money. Bad management, bad decisions, they play favorites 'big time', both with staff and with customers. Learn one great lesson, do not trust any bank......
The headquarters
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJJune 22, 2017
It's a total mess with cooperation from anyone. No one knows what they are doing. The pay and the advancement sucks and the people are prerecorded mindless drones with no personality working for the uncaring corporate devil. Souless employment
Pros
You get to leave for home
Cons
Not enough space here to list them all
A Family Company
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJMay 9, 2017
The team really works as a team. I was in a small branch and it was nice that we could bounce ideas of each other and we were able to speak up with situations
Not good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Management doesn't work with each other. Front end is nasty to cashiers and customers. You can't even go up the ladder without knowing someone. Not a good job to work at.
Cons
Has a great reputation, but could be more advancement prone
Loan Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton, NJApril 12, 2016
Lots of input work and barcoding for filing and scanning. Not a place to make friends, but a place to work only. Could be more concentrated on advancement from within than they say and not on bringing folks from the outside or family members who are not qualified for work.
Pros
right in the county
Cons
short lunch
Horribly catty environment with selfish, nasty employees
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJMarch 29, 2016
Overall easy job, not for the faint of heart and not for those who look to excel in their job due to their integrity and honesty. Anyone will cut your throat to get a step up over you and unless you are a clone of them, you are cast out. It makes work the most stressful part of your day.
Pros
hours, location
Cons
staff
Great for meeting new people. Horrible to their staff
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Worked for Lakeland Bank for 7 years. In the beginning before they became "corporate" it was a pleasant place to work. Staff was awesome we all got along and consider ourselves as family. Once the dynamic changed and management changed it became more and more stressful.. Constantly being forced to work with a short staff and never being acknowledged for all that you do is the biggest disappointment. All they care about is referrals and in order to get advancement if your not on managements good side you will be looked over. You are asked to do so many different roles, staying overtime if needed for very little pay and no acknowledgement. You would think a company who prides themselves on customer service and going above and beyond for customers would also do that for their employees, yea no instead they tell you to do so many different things and when it comes time for a raise its a joke. Management needs to go back to caring about not just great customer service but to start putting the care back into their employees.
Pros
Great opportunity to meet new people.
Cons
Management needs to be evaluated
Ok, but not really
Part time teller (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJAugust 31, 2015
It was ok working there, but the teller manager was a total b****. Got a bad vibe from them and didn't want their help, was nice to everyone except me. Plus I feel the bank is too strict on getting referrals.
An average place to work
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at the bank because I love working
with the public and helping people.
I left the bank to pursue a new career
Excellent work culture and people
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJMay 29, 2015
People are very friendly and willing to teach and help out. Management is great. Wonderful company to work for and highly recommended.
An established organization with long time employees
Personal Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sussex Wantage, NJApril 13, 2015
I enjoy working at Lakeland Bank. Everyone is nice and willing to help whenever needed. I started as a Teller Manager and was promoted to PBC. I like all my co workers and get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is being short staffed and not having help for the teller line
Great Company
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wanaque, NJJanuary 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at Lakeland, it is a great company. The only negative aspect of working at LakeLand Bank is that the pay is not great.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Productive work environment with great employees
Financial Service Provider (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2014
Lakeland bank is great community bank with hard working employees. A very small bank with the work rate of larger banks. The best part of the job is satisfying our customers on a daily basis.
good place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boonton NjOctober 29, 2014
Not very well organized as far as management.
Good place to work for, but not enough opprtunities for advancement
Pros
great customers
Cons
not great management
x
Retail Branch Manager-Assistant Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJApril 21, 2014
 Develop annual, quarterly and monthly action plans to achieve deposit, loan and branch growth.
 Enter retail loan application and communicate credit decision to customer
 Work closely with retail lending to assure mortgage loan growth
 Business development
 Refer to Commercial Loan Team for all commercial business leads
 Knowledge of complete branch operations
 Manage and guide the staff through work review and recommendations for salary adjustments
 Conduct weekly staff meetings
 Prepare various reports
 Follow established precautionary procedures to assure that maximum security of the office prevail at all times
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Cashed and made deposits for customers. Balanced cash drawer everyday. As a CSR worked on CD's.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Great atmosphere and place for advancement
Junior Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, NJOctober 29, 2013
For the first 3 months, I began as a Customer Service Representative. I was presented with the opportunity of assisting a Junior Accountant in the main branch in Oak Ridge, NJ for the remainder of the time i was at Lakeland. It was a great opportunity for me to learn the basics of Accounting and deal with the necessary tools I will be using in my future work opportunites.

I was able to assist in preparing balance sheets and ledger accounts, while filing paper work and answering phone calls. I helped bring in major companies such as "Spectrum For Living" which is a day care for the handicapped, which was a big hit for the bank.

I had supervisor duties while working in branch when I was serving as a CSR because of my previous extensive experience working at TD Bank. I enjoyed working with my co-workers because they were always a joy to be around at work. I walked in with a smile on my face and left the business day with a smile on my face. There was never a dull moment working there and we always helped each other out in every way possible.

I found everything to be relatively fair and easy enough to handle because i've always had a drive to succeed and be the best that I can be. I was always brought up with the right morals and values and those are the ethics I use when it comes to being in the business enviornment because it is the only way things get done properly and with complete honesty.
Fun Productive place
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 23, 2013
Cash handling, cross-selling Bank products and/or making referrals of Bank services. Reconciling and replenishing an ATM, operating a cash dispenser, recycler or coin machine. Scanning daily work, keeping apprised of Bank policies and procedures. Utilize computers for assisting customer inquiries and transactions, tracking cross-selling. Other various bank testing applications as needed.
Pros
Meeting alot of friendly people
Cons
Short Breaks
Both management & co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Banking Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, NJAugust 22, 2013
Good working environment but it would have been nice if the salary was higher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAKELAND BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7