Lakeland College Employee Reviews

evaluations could be improved

friendly, competent adm

classrooms. av good

salary decent
Pros
freedom to use talents
Cons
blended online a way to learn rating C
Not a good place to work
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 8, 2016
This institution possesses a business mentality that overlooks the wellbeing of students and their intellectual growth. Making a buck from students who cannot succeed in college becomes more important than being honest with them. Some professors who were tenured were let go, horribly backstabbed, in less-than-acceptable conditions. Most instructors are good people, but with very, very limited resources.
Pros
Academic personnel.
Cons
Administration/Management
College job
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 7, 2016
Worked only 10 hours/week.
For the job that I did and the amount of work it required it was easy to manage sports and school work at the same time.
Pros
In the sports building on campus
Productive and laid back workplace
Temporary Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 18, 2016
The atmosphere here between coworkers is much like a family unity within each department. The hardest part of the job mostly is when camps come through and during summer clean, but otherwise it's pretty decent.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Independent position with a respectable amount of responsability for a full time college student
Fitness Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 20, 2016
Working in the fitness center allowed me to be independent and also gave me the opportunity to work on schoolwork. Working at the fitness center, I developed better time management skills and prioritized. My coworkers and I kept in contact via email to discuss any changes in the schedule. I really enjoyed having the independence.
over all was ok
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wehr CenterJanuary 19, 2016
I was in charge of cleaning the wehr athletic facility and locker rooms.I also scrubbed and mopped floors, dusted offices and class rooms. emptied out trash and some laundry . During summer months we cleaned dorm rooms from head to toe for the in coming freshman every year. I enjoyed working with my co-workers ,the hardest part tho was trying to fit everything into one day
Pros
Very nice people and students
Cons
rushing around to get every thing done
Work Study
Clerical / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Work study, was an wonderful opportunity, to work with some great and loving individuals. The typical day was to engage in tasks in which my boss asked of me ( excel worksheets, Coping document to flash drive, data entry). I learned how the typical day in the life of a office individual was. I really enjoyed the part of the job where I worked with computers, and the different programs. I liked where I was able to work with more than one individual, I had the opportunity to work with several departments and different tasks.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule
Cons
Was temporary job placement
Productive and fun workplace
Audio Technitian (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 25, 2015
Adjust lights, sounds, and anything else in the theater that needed to be changed to meet the needs of the individuals performing. Also required to usher patrons to their seats, build sets for plays and other events, and video record events.
Excellent Atmosphere and flexible scheduling
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 15, 2015
Lakeland College has given me the opportunity to work and make money to pay for school while attending school for time. They do a great job making work fun and this quality helps students with future worth ethic
Stressfull workplace but great people
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 21, 2015
From working at Lakeland I have been able to experience multiple types of jobs. I have worked with other great student employers as well as adult employers who taught me a great deal about the workplace. The hardest part of the job was being at work and not having the extra time to be with friends. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and always being able to learn new things.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
amount of hours
Overall Fun Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting students/faculty and patrolling of the campus.
I enjoyed working with the other employees and the managers were always helpful in any way they could be.
Fun workplace with occasional harassment from customers
Dining service assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMarch 25, 2015
Depending on the day, I either ran the register for the dining services at the college or did some accounting for food services. The students at the school could be rather crude and inappropriate which was the hardest part of the job for me. Occasionally I would be asked to work catering for events held at the school. I learned a lot of costumer service and problem solving skills.
Pros
Free meals while working
Student View
InDesign and Illustrator Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 28, 2014
There are many different student positions on campus. I have had a few of them and in each one I learned a lot and enjoyed the company around me. Lakeland is truly a family community.
Production and independent job while I went attended college
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 11, 2014
My typical day would be checking in with Psychology department professor's between classes to see what tasks they needed completed. I learned how to work independently as well as maintain confidentiality. I didn't have any coworkers and the tasks were not that difficult (computer work, copying, research, etc). I truly enjoyed being offered the position because it meant my professor's trusted me enough to handle the responsibilities on top of my full time class schedule and my other part time employment. I was honored to work for such wonderful and intelligent people.
Pros
Gaining the experience for my resume
Cons
Having to multitask for more than one professor
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJuly 10, 2014
overall a great place to work with not really many hard tasks and great management and co-workers
Pros
short shifts, coworkers
Cons
boring most of the time
First full time job
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Vermillion, ABJuly 7, 2014
This was my first full time job as an instructional designer. Polished my ID skills and had very good relationship with co-workers and faculty that I worked with.
I did not work here, I was a full time student at the college
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 29, 2014
The college did a great job to provide more than just educational services. There were activities and other on and off campus things the college promoted. These things helped many student to not only learn but grow.
Sense of Community
Academic Resource Center Master Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 9, 2014
A typical day at work involved checking in guests and having them fill out the proper paperwork for a Fitness Center ID.
Cons
Boring
Great work to fill the summer
Summer Crew (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 4, 2013
Great way to make money and fill the summer. Plenty of fun and hard work for the summer.
Informative and fun workplace, always learned something new
Cashier, waitress, baker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WINovember 20, 2013
Greeting and speaking to people was one of the greatest attributes of the job. I learned how to serve and accommodate the customers, management was strict but also informative and patient, coworkers were friendly for the most part the hardest part of the job was preparing and setting up for 3000 students everyday and sometimes events that we waited on hand and foot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2