Lakeland College

Lakeland College Employee Reviews

Overall Fun Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIApril 12, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of assisting students/faculty and patrolling of the campus.
I enjoyed working with the other employees and the managers were always helpful in any way they could be.
Fun workplace with occasional harassment from customers
Dining service assistant (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free meals while working
Depending on the day, I either ran the register for the dining services at the college or did some accounting for food services. The students at the school could be rather crude and inappropriate which was the hardest part of the job for me. Occasionally I would be asked to work catering for events held at the school. I learned a lot of costumer service and problem solving skills.
Student View
InDesign and Illustrator Tutor (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIOctober 28, 2014
There are many different student positions on campus. I have had a few of them and in each one I learned a lot and enjoyed the company around me. Lakeland is truly a family community.
Production and independent job while I went attended college
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: gaining the experience for my resume
Cons: having to multitask for more than one professor
My typical day would be checking in with Psychology department professor's between classes to see what tasks they needed completed. I learned how to work independently as well as maintain confidentiality. I didn't have any coworkers and the tasks were not that difficult (computer work, copying, research, etc). I truly enjoyed being offered the position because it meant my professor's trusted me enough to handle the responsibilities on top of my full time class schedule and my other part time employment. I was honored to work for such wonderful and intelligent people.
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Plymouth, WIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: short shifts, coworkers
Cons: boring most of the time
overall a great place to work with not really many hard tasks and great management and co-workers
First full time job
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Vermillion, ABJuly 7, 2014
This was my first full time job as an instructional designer. Polished my ID skills and had very good relationship with co-workers and faculty that I worked with.
I did not work here, I was a full time student at the college
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIMay 29, 2014
The college did a great job to provide more than just educational services. There were activities and other on and off campus things the college promoted. These things helped many student to not only learn but grow.
Sense of Community
Academic Resource Center Master Tutor (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIMay 9, 2014
Cons: boring
A typical day at work involved checking in guests and having them fill out the proper paperwork for a Fitness Center ID.
Great work to fill the summer
Summer Crew (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIDecember 4, 2013
Great way to make money and fill the summer. Plenty of fun and hard work for the summer.
Informative and fun workplace, always learned something new
Cashier, waitress, baker (Former Employee), Plymouth, WINovember 20, 2013
Greeting and speaking to people was one of the greatest attributes of the job. I learned how to serve and accommodate the customers, management was strict but also informative and patient, coworkers were friendly for the most part the hardest part of the job was preparing and setting up for 3000 students everyday and sometimes events that we waited on hand and foot.
Advancing within the position
ASSISTANT TO ACADEMIC DEAN; ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIAugust 21, 2013
Pros: many responsibilites serving many people.
Cons: dean's job changed and i began another job at the institution.
Working as assistant to the academic dean became a turning point in my professional life. A typical day was spent checking in with him regarding pressing matters that he was made aware of directly. He respected my input and would always clearly, concisely and efficiently explain the goal. However, he was often open to my method of handling the responsibility given to me. I learned to trust myself, to value a supervisor who believes in the people who work with him/her (not for) and to take time to plan well. My co-workers were great and very competent in their various positions. We worked well together. The hardest part of the job was being the go between for the dean and the faculty, dean and the students along with dean and other department supervisors. This was necessary, as he made me understand over a lengthy period of time, due to the college's inability to hire an associate dean. Basically, I served in that position with the title or MA/PhD. The most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving with students, faculty and staff. Working with others as a colleague, not as manager, is my passion and skill.
Enjoyed the work I was doing.Trying to make productive citizens of the inmates was my main goal.
Construction occupation instructor (Former Employee), Danville, ILJuly 30, 2013
Education is very important in anyone's life. Most of the men I came in contact at the correctional, wanted to better their lives when they got out I tried to help them learn as much as possible about the construction industry.
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: great people, good benefits
Cons: lower on the pay scale
Fun and energizing environment in higher education---always opportunities to learn in those environments no matter what position you hold. I worked in an administrative/sales position and though the job itself wasn't the best fit for me, the environment was amazing.
Excellent place for developing my professional skills and meeting students' needs.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2013
I have been employed by Lakeland College for 17 years. I find it to be a place where students' needs are met, where the faculty is treated with respect and courtesy.
Lakeland is a great family oriented company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Plymouth, WIJune 25, 2013
Pros: excellant benefits.
My day is from 8 am to 4:30 pm in a nice office setting. The world of academia is fascinating and always changing. Our management leaders are friendly yet firm in their decision making. The hardest part of my job is watching the student grow up and mature into adults and watch them move on to their next adventure in life. This is also the most enjoyable part of Lakeland.
Overall a good experience.
Supervisor/Cook (Current Employee), Sheboygan WIApril 24, 2013
Pros: being a leader and cooking.
Cons: the stress of the full-time employers that treat you like slaves/
A typical day at work for me is to figure out what is going to be on the menu to cook for that particular day. I have learned to be confident with my finished product and in the skills that I have learned. The management is kind of disorganized and communication between the employees and the head supervisors are not that great and could be improved. My co-workers are either the students which are great to work with, and also the full-time employees and there is so much tension between all of them. The hardest part of my job is all the drama between the full-time employees and everyone back-stabbing each other, it becomes a little stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to lead on what is on the menu during the times that I work.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 2, 2013
Pros: working with the students and co-workers.
Cons: long nights and seeing the bad sides of individuals.
Created events that would get the students out of their rooms and to stay on campus. Made sure students were not doing things they were not supposed to do. Making sure everyone is safe and answer any of their questions. I have learned how to deal with complicated situations and how to help people. Worked with some very good co-workers and made some very good friends. Worst part of the job was seeing the bad sides of some individuals, and some long nights. Best part of the job was getting free room and board, and working with the students and co-workers.
Great College to work at
Hazardous Waste Assistant (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIOctober 30, 2012
Pros: employers recognize that school comes first
Cons: can only work 10 hours/week during school year
Work generally prepares you for ideal career, classes are practitioner-oriented.
A great place to have an on campus job.
Campus Center Information Desk Worker (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 23, 2012
I loved my time working at Lakeland. As a student you get to know every major staff member.
A great environment, diverse staff, great place to learn
Academic Programming Assistant (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIApril 6, 2012
Pros: people, environment
Cons: limit on hours
The jobs I held at Lakeland College helped me discover myself. I met a lot of new and exciting people, and I learned a lot of important skills. I learned not only skills I would need in my future career, but also life-long skills.