Lakeland Community College

Lakeland Community College Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Student Services/Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHDecember 4, 2014
Pros: the students and staff
Cons: i had to re-locate.
LCC was the best place I have ever worked. LCC is a family & career.
friendly
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
friendly & understandable of my school schedule work my hours around my classes
lovED helping college students/adults
College Tutor (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Still confused why I continue to type multiple reviews here. But regardless, I hope to be selected for jobs on InDeed. Thanks for listening to my feedback!
Lakeland Workplace
PT Faculty, Media Technology Dept. Cont Ed. Dept. (Current Employee), Kirtland, OHJuly 6, 2014
Pros: freedom to plan lessons, creativity encouraged
I teach part time in two departments. The teaching environment is pretty good, though management is reluctant to hire people full time so as to avoid paying benefits. My hours were cut to avoid me working full time hours.
the college is a very good employer
Custodian (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good employer over all
Cons: there are no cons
the college is a very good employer with good benifts all the people are knowelgable of their jobs.
Nice people but no job security
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Kirtland, OHJanuary 22, 2014
The people that I work with and for are wonderful. They are considerate and listen. But from the beginning we were always told that they could not guarantee our jobs. Now, we were told that if we wanted a little bit of job security we needed too obtain our MSN.
Lake CC
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee), Kirtland, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: supportive administration and environment
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
This is a good place to work if you are looking for part-time work. The students are good, the pay is adequate (for adjunct work) and the environment is rather friendly.
Assisted with college registration.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mentor, OH 44060July 22, 2013
Employed at college during their registration period for several years and filled in for Secretary to Dean of Students during a medical leave.
Rewarding Position
Instructor (Former Employee), Kirtland CampusJuly 11, 2013
Lakeland utilizes a majority of adjunct faculty as instructors. The support for instructors is amazing and it was a very enjoyable position. Unfortunately the compensation was not enough to support myself on, requiring me to pursue something more lucrative. There is a great deal of job security, but little to no opportunity for advancement.
Excellent place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Kirtland, OHMarch 28, 2013
Excellent work environment. Management really values the employees.
Really fufilling work.
English Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHMarch 22, 2013
Pros: incredibly creative environment, laid back atmosphere.
Cons: time limitations, deadlines.
This was a wonderful place to work, the atmosphere was very casual and I was largely self-managed. Most of my day was spent responding to student e-mails, assisting students with papers and research, or researching my own papers. Once or twice a week a professor would hold a presentation or lecture there and that was always really fun. I learned a great deal about the ever shifting styles of MPA and APA format, and mastered the convoluted witchcraft of a well-crafted bibliography. the lab was a solo job, though others had the job as well when we shifted time slots and I got along well with other lab assistants (even helping them from time to time!) The hardest part of the job was editing and condensing faculty presentations to for their time slot and finding things to do to occupy free time. But the best part was the feeling of excitement I got when a student finished their paper and was really proud of it.
Lakeland Community College
student teacher (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2013
Pros: being with the children
Cons: no cons
a typical day of work is provide daycare services to the toddlers 18 months to preschoolers 3 years of age, display bulliten boards, display cases, window art, ceiling art, wall art, and centers around the classroom, observe the teachers, have the duties of: nap prep, enrichment, snack, lunch, and provide diapering and dental before nap time, produce appropriate lesson plans to teachers and superversiors, perform apporpriate lesson plans to the children during the week, answer the phone and take messages if needed, clean up materials at the end of the day.
What I have learned is timing is everything and how to really be on your A game on a job.
I loved my bosses and co workers I won't say a bad word against them.
the hardest part was again just trying to be on my a game and timing everything correctly to be perfect,
the most enjoyable part was being with the kids and teaching them new things.
Temp has never been hired, ever
Janitor (Former Employee), CampusFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: pays ok
Cons: liars
Keep you for 90 days while you work like a mad man, then let you go for another temp. Have never hired a temp ever. Liars
Adjunct faculty/ Instructor
Instructor of French (Adjunct) (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHJuly 20, 2012
Lakeland Community College is an outstanding, yes, excellent place of employment. I worked there designing syllabi and lecture/activity plans; and I monitored student progress, administering tests and quizzes. Also, I posted grades. I taught beginning, intermediate, and advanced French language and culture courses. I also was available for counseling students concerning their educational and professional goals. My co-workers were highly knowledgeable of their disciplines, cooperative, supportive, and cordial. Time management was in no wise difficult.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part was preparing the work, carrying it out, and interacting with my colleagues and our students. Lakeland Community College is truly a wonderful place in which to work!
Productive and fun
Banquet server/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Kirtland, OHJune 27, 2012
This position was perfect with flexiability and it was I also loved the environment and co-workers. There was always new things to learn and new people to meet.
Part time job
Instructor, Medical Terminology, Medical-Surgical (Former Employee), Kirtland OhioApril 30, 2012
Taught med term mostly. Easy to teach course. Since it was part time, and at a satellite campus, I was on my own though my immdiate supervisor was avaialble by phone or email