Lakeland Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent and positive environment
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 2, 2016
Lakeland Community College is an outstanding employer. Employees are treated as valuable professionals and compensated fairly. The work environment is wonderful with clean and comfortable facilities and positive and friendly people. Employees are offered many opportunities for professional development, and students are generally polite and hard-working.

Being an adjunct offers flexibility but does not translate into full time work in most cases. For people needing flexibility and part time work, Lakeland Community College is an excellent place to work!
Productive and challenging work place
Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 27, 2016
A typical work day at Lakeland community college is teaching science through laboratory procedures. I have learned that different student learn in different ways, therefore, sitting down and showing students on how to solve a scientific problem in different ways is very challenging. All of my supervisors and co-workers are very nice and willing to help answer any questions that I may have regarding course work and students. The hardest part of the job is trying to get students to look at scientific hypothesis in a bigger picture. While the most enjoyable part is advising and helping students solve problems and teaching them to take different approaches into solving a specific problem.
Excellent Technology
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, NMApril 9, 2016
Excellent technology available for instruction. Guidance staff needs to direct students to educational paths that will allow them to pay their bills and not just graduate with a useless degree because the Students were told to follow their dreams. The students needs guidance to what degrees will land them jobs when they finish and not put them on um-employment!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of student interest
Supportive workplace
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJune 25, 2016
Supportive administration/management and dynamic collection of clinical instructors.
Ongoing continuing educational opportunities.
Timely performance feedback.
fun work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJune 5, 2016
Fun work environment where management backs up instructors when there are students complaints. Also provides instructors with a clear guideline of what the courses should cover.
Good training and support
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Sciences and Arts (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2015
The students are engaged, and the management offers good training opportunities. Teaching resources are abundant. The culture is positive. Advancement is questionable.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
great place to work. staff and instructors are top quality.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHMarch 9, 2016
Dean and department supervisors are current on needs and requirements of academia. Peer group highly qualified. Course work is set parameters with room for individuality. Enjoy transmitting knowledge to students. Standing for more than 2 hours is a challenge.
Awesome work environment!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 14, 2016
In the Teaching and Learning Center, there are many great employees and employers within this daycare. I've obtained many great skills from this company.
Rewarding Position
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kirtland CampusJuly 11, 2013
Lakeland utilizes a majority of adjunct faculty as instructors. The support for instructors is amazing and it was a very enjoyable position. Unfortunately the compensation was not enough to support myself on, requiring me to pursue something more lucrative. There is a great deal of job security, but little to no opportunity for advancement.
Lakeland Workplace
PT Faculty, Media Technology Dept. Cont Ed. Dept. (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJuly 6, 2014
I teach part time in two departments. The teaching environment is pretty good, though management is reluctant to hire people full time so as to avoid paying benefits. My hours were cut to avoid me working full time hours.
Pros
freedom to plan lessons, creativity encouraged
Great work environment, Wonderful learning experience
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHAugust 10, 2015
I simply loved working for Lakeland. The management did an outstanding job with explaining expectations, keeping on top of staff, and assisting the employees with the tools needed for success. A typical day at my job included; setting up the orientation space, checking in new students, running a seminar, meeting with students, providing a tour of the school and school website, assisting them when meeting with a counselor, and providing any additional help a student would need for the semester. With this job, I learned how to deal with all different types of situations occurring on the job. I also learned how to mold my standard agenda to meet an individual's needs. The hardest part of this job was dealing with individuals who did not want to be at orientation and would do anything to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was one of the very first faces at the college that a new student would see. I took this responsibility very serious and loved that I could make someone feel comfortable at a new school.
Pros
Great management, learned new work skills, good staff
Cons
Had to work with many unhappy students
Adjunct faculty/ Instructor
Instructor of French (Adjunct) (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJuly 20, 2012
Lakeland Community College is an outstanding, yes, excellent place of employment. I worked there designing syllabi and lecture/activity plans; and I monitored student progress, administering tests and quizzes. Also, I posted grades. I taught beginning, intermediate, and advanced French language and culture courses. I also was available for counseling students concerning their educational and professional goals. My co-workers were highly knowledgeable of their disciplines, cooperative, supportive, and cordial. Time management was in no wise difficult.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part was preparing the work, carrying it out, and interacting with my colleagues and our students. Lakeland Community College is truly a wonderful place in which to work!
Lakeland Community College
student teacher (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 17, 2013
a typical day of work is provide daycare services to the toddlers 18 months to preschoolers 3 years of age, display bulliten boards, display cases, window art, ceiling art, wall art, and centers around the classroom, observe the teachers, have the duties of: nap prep, enrichment, snack, lunch, and provide diapering and dental before nap time, produce appropriate lesson plans to teachers and superversiors, perform apporpriate lesson plans to the children during the week, answer the phone and take messages if needed, clean up materials at the end of the day.
What I have learned is timing is everything and how to really be on your A game on a job.
I loved my bosses and co workers I won't say a bad word against them.
the hardest part was again just trying to be on my a game and timing everything correctly to be perfect,
the most enjoyable part was being with the kids and teaching them new things.
Pros
being with the children
Cons
no cons
Really fufilling work.
English Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHMarch 22, 2013
This was a wonderful place to work, the atmosphere was very casual and I was largely self-managed. Most of my day was spent responding to student e-mails, assisting students with papers and research, or researching my own papers. Once or twice a week a professor would hold a presentation or lecture there and that was always really fun. I learned a great deal about the ever shifting styles of MPA and APA format, and mastered the convoluted witchcraft of a well-crafted bibliography. the lab was a solo job, though others had the job as well when we shifted time slots and I got along well with other lab assistants (even helping them from time to time!) The hardest part of the job was editing and condensing faculty presentations to for their time slot and finding things to do to occupy free time. But the best part was the feeling of excitement I got when a student finished their paper and was really proud of it.
Pros
incredibly creative environment, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
time limitations, deadlines.
Nice people but no job security
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 22, 2014
The people that I work with and for are wonderful. They are considerate and listen. But from the beginning we were always told that they could not guarantee our jobs. Now, we were told that if we wanted a little bit of job security we needed too obtain our MSN.
Lake CC
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 3, 2014
This is a good place to work if you are looking for part-time work. The students are good, the pay is adequate (for adjunct work) and the environment is rather friendly.
Pros
supportive administration and environment
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
Taught Economics to Community College students
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OhioFebruary 1, 2015
Taught part-time. Taught an overview of both macroeconomics and microeconomics to students at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland, Ohio and at its satellite campuses.
Pros
it was great to be in a classroom with students.
Cons
the pay was pretty paltry.
Great place to work.
Student Services/Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHDecember 4, 2014
LCC was the best place I have ever worked. LCC is a family & career.
Pros
the students and staff
Cons
i had to re-locate.
Excellent place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHMarch 28, 2013
Excellent work environment. Management really values the employees.
friendly
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
friendly & understandable of my school schedule work my hours around my classes

4.5