Lakeland Community College Employee Reviews

Wonderful students
Professor (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJune 1, 2017
This non-profit organization is a crown jewel of NE Ohio. Faculty, staff and students work together to create an environment for learning, growth and success.
Pros
Strong opportunities to connect students with others and promote learning.
Cons
Lack of understanding by upper management in day-to-day front-line operational challenges.
Great work environment and wonderful students.
Recruiter and Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHMarch 31, 2017
A great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance and enjoy working with students of all ages. The culture is very welcoming and collaborative. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Work/life balance, great company culture
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
good for students
Cafeteria Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 5, 2017
good working schedule for students.i have no interest in advocating for this college . i would recommend this employment for students who are full-time and need to make supplementary income.
Good place to work!
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OhioFebruary 20, 2017
Good people to work with regardless of area of expertise, lots of culture at college, good pay and benefits, and the staff is courteous and helpful...
Pros
culture, people, pay
Cons
mostly part-time work available
student workers
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 28, 2017
student works only make minimum wage, but are sometimes expected to do tons of work all day that would generally warrant higher pay in other places. though they do work with you to make sure you can get your homework done since they are at a college, they do understand.
Decent place to work.
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHSeptember 9, 2016
This college is great for experience. I am learning a lot not only as a student but as a worker too. The best part of the job is knowing that I am helping people immediately.
hardest part of job
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJuly 15, 2016
trying to adapt to third shift life while having a family and going to school as well can be very difficult.
Supportive workplace
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJune 25, 2016
Supportive administration/management and dynamic collection of clinical instructors.
Ongoing continuing educational opportunities.
Timely performance feedback.
fun work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJune 5, 2016
Fun work environment where management backs up instructors when there are students complaints. Also provides instructors with a clear guideline of what the courses should cover.
Excellent and positive environment
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 2, 2016
Lakeland Community College is an outstanding employer. Employees are treated as valuable professionals and compensated fairly. The work environment is wonderful with clean and comfortable facilities and positive and friendly people. Employees are offered many opportunities for professional development, and students are generally polite and hard-working.

Being an adjunct offers flexibility but does not translate into full time work in most cases. For people needing flexibility and part time work, Lakeland Community College is an excellent place to work!
Excellent Technology
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, NMApril 9, 2016
Excellent technology available for instruction. Guidance staff needs to direct students to educational paths that will allow them to pay their bills and not just graduate with a useless degree because the Students were told to follow their dreams. The students needs guidance to what degrees will land them jobs when they finish and not put them on um-employment!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of student interest
great place to work. staff and instructors are top quality.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHMarch 9, 2016
Dean and department supervisors are current on needs and requirements of academia. Peer group highly qualified. Course work is set parameters with room for individuality. Enjoy transmitting knowledge to students. Standing for more than 2 hours is a challenge.
Productive and challenging work place
Adjunct Chemistry Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 27, 2016
A typical work day at Lakeland community college is teaching science through laboratory procedures. I have learned that different student learn in different ways, therefore, sitting down and showing students on how to solve a scientific problem in different ways is very challenging. All of my supervisors and co-workers are very nice and willing to help answer any questions that I may have regarding course work and students. The hardest part of the job is trying to get students to look at scientific hypothesis in a bigger picture. While the most enjoyable part is advising and helping students solve problems and teaching them to take different approaches into solving a specific problem.
Awesome work environment!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJanuary 14, 2016
In the Teaching and Learning Center, there are many great employees and employers within this daycare. I've obtained many great skills from this company.
Good training and support
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Sciences and Arts (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2015
The students are engaged, and the management offers good training opportunities. Teaching resources are abundant. The culture is positive. Advancement is questionable.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Great work environment, Wonderful learning experience
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHAugust 10, 2015
I simply loved working for Lakeland. The management did an outstanding job with explaining expectations, keeping on top of staff, and assisting the employees with the tools needed for success. A typical day at my job included; setting up the orientation space, checking in new students, running a seminar, meeting with students, providing a tour of the school and school website, assisting them when meeting with a counselor, and providing any additional help a student would need for the semester. With this job, I learned how to deal with all different types of situations occurring on the job. I also learned how to mold my standard agenda to meet an individual's needs. The hardest part of this job was dealing with individuals who did not want to be at orientation and would do anything to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was one of the very first faces at the college that a new student would see. I took this responsibility very serious and loved that I could make someone feel comfortable at a new school.
Pros
Great management, learned new work skills, good staff
Cons
Had to work with many unhappy students
Taught Economics to Community College students
Part-time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OhioFebruary 1, 2015
Taught part-time. Taught an overview of both macroeconomics and microeconomics to students at Lakeland Community College in Kirtland, Ohio and at its satellite campuses.
Pros
It was great to be in a classroom with students.
Cons
The pay was pretty paltry.
Great place to work.
Student Services/Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHDecember 4, 2014
LCC was the best place I have ever worked. LCC is a family & career.
Pros
The students and staff
Cons
I had to re-locate.
friendly
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
friendly & understandable of my school schedule work my hours around my classes
Lakeland Workplace
PT Faculty, Media Technology Dept. Cont Ed. Dept. (Current Employee) –  Kirtland, OHJuly 6, 2014
I teach part time in two departments. The teaching environment is pretty good, though management is reluctant to hire people full time so as to avoid paying benefits. My hours were cut to avoid me working full time hours.
Pros
Freedom to plan lessons, creativity encouraged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5