Lakeland HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Management treats employees horrible
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIApril 7, 2016
If you want to work in a place where people who don't do the work make crazy decisions and change the rules every other day, then this is the place for you. Your just a body to fill a position, forget about your home life.
Pros
I can pay my bill with my pay check
Cons
Horrible management, no respect
Good coworkers, terrible management
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 27, 2016
Worked for the company for 10 years. The last time years were the worst. Management threatened that they could replace us at every meeting. The company forced cutbacks that resulted in an unsafe patient care environment. Salary was mediocre. No advancement in the company. Good place to gain experience, but not to stay for the duration of your career. They don't care about seniority or loyalty. Coworkers were great to work with.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Salary, management, no room for advancement
A very nice workplace with a bunch of people that are friendly.
Food Menu Clerk/Food Host (Former Employee) –  Niles, MINovember 2, 2015
Work daily was very nice it was a good use of communication and I liked the supervisors way of telling us how too do things better. I learned how too be nicer too people and too be faster more productive of a worker. The management was very nice and liked too help out by providing everything needed too work more efficiently. The co-workers were very nice and were easy too get along with and no problems ever happened between one another.The hardest part of the job was the understanding of what some of the elder patients wanted cause of their voice or murmured words. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between the patients and I.
Pros
It was nice too help others, The nice co-workers were good for the work environment, the pay was nice and the job was easy.
Cons
The supervisors werent around for awhile, It took awhile for the healthcare too come through.
Poor patient/nurse ratios and salary
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIOctober 17, 2015
Although I loved the nature of my job, it was hard to really enjoy each day when there were an unsafe number of patients to each nurse and nurse aid. The nurse assistants are very under compensated compared to other facilities in the surrounding areas.
Pros
Clean Environment
Cons
No time for Lunches or breaks. Patient/Nurse ratios. Salary
Good place to start your career
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 23, 2015
Lakeland is a great place starting off your career but there is little room for advancements or promotions. They are, however, competitive in their pay.
Proceed with caution!
Sonographer (2 years ago) (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph and NilesApril 16, 2015
I would look for employment elsewhere. They don't like answering questions and will make you feel stupid for asking one. They do this not only to students, but also to new hires as well. I have witnessed both sides of it. I am extremely happy I sought out employment elsewhere as soon as I could.
Pros
Good patient volume
Cons
Poor management and employees bully new hires
Hard to say
Registration (Former Employee) –  St JosephFebruary 8, 2015
Lakeland has some dedicated employees who work hard to give great patient care. It's hard to advance in the organization. Management and the proper follow through on policy can seem unfair quite often. Mainly because it is unfair. You'll probably end up relocating within a couple years in all honesty. It's a great start ti gain experience in the medical work field.
Pros
educational opportunities, location
Cons
lack accountability
loving, compassionate care
Nursing Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIAugust 27, 2014
The RN's and NSA's are very caring, give excellent care not much from upper management on issues. Including short staffing when census is high.
Pros
making a patient comfortable and helping family coop with hard times
Cons
short staffing
Great place to work!
Medical Technologist - Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJuly 10, 2014
The lab is awesome! Very neat. Clean. Well run. Certain areas have high turnover, but of course that's normal.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
little room for advancement
Review is based on individual department
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIApril 28, 2014
This is not an overall review of the healthcare system. This is specific the the main campus only. The other 2 campuses would get excellent stars.
Pros
environment of facility
Cons
to much on-call
Great place to work!
Obstetric Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIFebruary 21, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at Lakeland. I moved out of state, otherwise I would still be working there.
Pros
great people
Cons
behind on technology
Great place to work if your in the medical field.
ER Greeter (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 28, 2013
Always something different from day to day, but giving great customer service, and representing Lakeland was my everyday goal.
Lakeland Regional Healthcare Systems
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIOctober 22, 2013
They are a good company and work with the employees to try to have a good balance between work and life. The also try to provide the best healthcare possible.
Great location
Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJune 14, 2013
Management forces everything from smiles to survey results. Everything is marketing driven. Common sense is very hard to find. Accountability is terrible.
Pros
location
Cons
salary, accountability, good old boy network
unprofessional management and bad environment
nurse (Former Employee) –  st.josephMay 12, 2013
Managers move up by popularity and not by merit. Lots of back stabbing and drama central. Lakeland says they have no money but are building and buying up everything in the county.
Always learning something new, and this job challenges you everyday
Central Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 3, 2013
Wash, wrap,and pull surgical instruments.
I have learned to always pay attention to details
Management is always open to new idea, and detail oriented.
Co-worker are team players.
Trying to do your daily jobs, and also be available to do the things that the doctor, and nurses need you to do for them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have contributed my part in making sure that health is top priority.
Pros
it is a challenging job.
Cons
it is part time.
Wonderful people and organized work environment
Credentialed Trainer - Epic (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 7, 2013
Everyone at Lakeland seems to do their best. Lakeland makes an obvious effort to show they appreciate their employees. Weekly meetings and great communication. They are big on rewarding good work as well.
Pros
lots of free food, wonderful people
Cons
budget cutbacks, not much job security
Really Great Job!
Food Service Assistant / Nutrition Service (Former Employee) –  Berrien Springs, MIOctober 1, 2012
Great Job to teach you responsibilty and work with fun relable people.

2.8