Lakeland Regional Health Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Terrible
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 18, 2017
worst place I've ever worked
fellow nurses very much "eat their young" here
pay was the worst I experienced in the entire state
just a "task runner" instead of getting to be a true nurse
Pros
Cons
all
Very short staffed and always demanding
BHT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 9, 2017
This place has no room for advancement .This place has poor management. They do offer lots of overtime and different floors to choose from.place does change schedules alot.
Pros
Always has overtime
Cons
No breaks, long hours and poor management
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MISeptember 5, 2017
Wonderful place to start your career. Pays really well. Great benefits. Good team atmosphere. Flexible work schedule. Wonderful staff. Provides training.
It takes a certain kind of employee to work in this job environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2017
It was positive and I learned a great deal about myself professionally and personally. I left due to relocating to KC and low wages. I need to earn more per hour in order to meet my bills.
Benefits
Cons
wages
Review
Mental Health Screener (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 21, 2017
LRH is a great place to work and offers good benefits and paid time off. As an employee you do know you are replaceable and not as appreciated as in years past.
Pros
paid time off, decent benefits
Cons
fast paced, change in management
New Management with no prior office expeirence.
Master Surgery Scheduler/RMA (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 15, 2017
Prior to new management office work environment was amazing. Providers where more about patient care and health. New management came in with no concept of how to run an medical office, deal with insurances, laws and ethics. Prior/former employees who built that department would advise providers and manager. Good employees started to leave and floor work was not divided equally.
Reality does not match their Promises
Finance (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 4, 2017
LRH's Promise "to nurture, educate and guide with integrity" and "to inspire each and everyone of us to do our very best" is not reality from those above the manager level in most non-clinical departments. Florida is an at-will state, so management can fire you for no reason and without any previous counseling. I have seen them eliminate a position countless times and then simply create a different job title that does the same thing so they can hire someone else. There is no job security at LRH! Awards for high Employee Satisfaction scores are misleading. In my department, employees rate high because it's easier to lie than to do all the extra work afterwards to develop, monitor and document a plan to improve scores the next year. Salaries are competitive and that's the only reason I haven't left yet. Think twice before accepting a job here.
Benefits
Cons
No job security, upper management not supportive
productive, fast pace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 31, 2017
fast pace cooking to order in front of staff and customers on a grill, management was good, working with team member's to make customer's and staff full and happy. putting smile's on people;'s faces
the group of people I work with are some awesome people.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 25, 2017
Some days are very busy and heavy, others are slow and not so heavy. I have learned a lot at this job. Most of all I have learned to have patience with ones that are sick and in pain. My management is good. We have a good work environment. We all get along well with one another and have good team work going on.
the hardest part of the job is lifting, pulling and tugging at patients. the most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient tells you how grateful they are of you and what a wonderful person you are and what a wonderful job you have done.
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
sometimes not enough help
Great Place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 19, 2017
This is a great place to work at. The nurses are very understanding especially when short staffed they will go out their way to help the PCA. Also it is a great place to learn and gain more experience.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Low Census, Good atmosphere
Great place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJune 30, 2017
My experience at Lakeland was far from dull is a very great atmosphere with great people and is a great learning facility to work at and the people that work there are very good to work with this well
they were always doing things with the employees
Screening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  3525 Lakeland Hills BlvdJune 29, 2017
this is a great place to work at. I was sadden when my dept. was closed down. I went in every morning for the past 13 years and new what I had to do to get my work done. sometimes it may change to help out another dept. but I was okay with that. I enjoyed working with the patients and helping them out.
Pros
they appreciate their employees
Cons
no notice when they let someone go/closing your dept down
very poor patient to nurse ratios
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33805June 25, 2017
Because of the poor patient to nurse ratios, it was impossible to deliver quality care to the patients that were assigned to you. I learned that I would not work in any more hospitals. Management was uncaring and incompetent and thus the overall morale and job culture was poor. The hardest part of the job was was giving quality patient care to the impossible assignment you you given. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home in the morning.
Pros
close commute to work
Cons
poor patient to nurse ratios, that often would not allow you a have a break
Patient Access
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 23, 2017
ER Patient Access was fun because it wasn't just the front desk in the ER. We rotated the different sections of admitting in the ER: Pediatrics, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiac, and Receiving Payments. Lots of overtime.
Pros
Friendly Staff and Managers
Great Benefits
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2017
Great opportunity to work in a big company with lots of room for advancement and growth. Management is constantly changing, with lots of organizational restructure. I love working for a non-profit organization in healthcare.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
job stability
Many changes over the years, most were good, some were not.
Insurance Specialist / Registration (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 7, 2017
Health Care has undergone many changes over the years. Some were good, many were not. Part of this is something LRH can not control. Benefits that were given for years were taken away due to budget cuts. Overall, a good place to work.
Pros
If you worked in one of the many LRH outpatient clinics, you had nights, holidays and weekends off. Benefits were excellent providing you used LRH doctors, clinics or hospital
Cons
Due to the constant, fast paced environment, breaks were regularly not given. Did not have enough staff to do your work correctly, although it is held against you if it is not completed in a timely manner
tolerance of poor management and poor behavior of employees who were buddies with management
PHYSICIAN PRACTICE CODER III (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33805May 29, 2017
Company started out good. The potential for growth and opportunity to advance but quickly became a management fiasco when the management refused to listed to the employees regarding a horrible EMR system product that limited production, caused immense dissatisfaction with the clinical staff and applied ambiguous codes thus creating a huge backlog in the claims file process not to mention a potential for miscoded claims,
consistently had to work OT because the system tied our hands in the claim process.People who had been with the company for years were not welcoming to new team members. Lots of back biting and personality conflicts.
Pros
connected to private hospital system
Cons
electronic claims process
Great place to work good co workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2017
I get to go to all areas of the hospital, I also get to work with a variety of patients. I feel am good at what do, I am prompt and reliable. I do vital signs, EKGs, phlebotomy, charting, ect. I can work with almost everybody and I am good with my patients.
Pros
Insurance
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 18, 2017
a very fulfilling job that allows you to make someone that is going through a lot at the time see the brighter side of things. The people there are very nice.
Lack of communication
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2017
Lack of communication, no feedback, or guidance.
Not very welcoming of new employees, no policies and procedures provided to new employee.

Location, not ideal, to far for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval