Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

community oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2015
fast paced, spiritually physically and emotionally sensitive environment. management is patient focused. goal of team work is for accountability, respect and cohesion.
not aplicable
Florida Microbiologist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 15, 2015
It's an execellent Company, very profesional, good place for advancement, and for any student to gain experience is the place to be.
I loved the job, fast-paced and lots of room to grow
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: could pay for meals on employee card, to be taken out of check
Cons: short breaks, working around very ill patients
It was always busy in the hospital pharmacy, I was a floating technician so there-fore I was where ever they needed me to be that day, I knew all departments of the pharmacy as well as the hospital, even taking part in this past years audit for the pharmacy. I enjoyed working around all of my co-workers they all made the place run smooth, I enjoyed the fact that my day would fly by because of how busy I would stay through out the day. The hardest part of the job was the fact I never really knew where I would be or what I would be doing that day, our management team needed better communication skills, but other than that they were great, I learned a lot in my time with the company, i came in only knowing retail pharmacy information, and left with compounding skills, and IV calculations.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), LAKELAND, FLDecember 29, 2014
I WORKED IN THE RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND LOVED THE WAY WE WERE ALL LIKE A GREAT BIG FAMILY. ONE OF THE PERKS THAT I ENJOYED WAS TRANSLATING FOR PATIENTS WHEN THEY WERE ILL AND COULD NOT GET THERE MESSAGE ACROSS TO THE DOCTOR AND I WAS THERE TO HELP THEM IN ANY QUESTIONS THEY HAD FOR THE RADIOLOGIST. I WAS ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP ANYONE IN NEED.
Highly Stresstful Fast pace
Patient Placement Rep (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: computer skills
Cons: stressful
I was responsible for assigning patient to their hospital room correctly the first time. I worded in the call center with 3 other employes and a supervisor.
The hard part of the job was the fast pace were i had to screen the patient by looking up their diagnosis,age ,etc ,the doctor which sometime is very over whelming .
I did enjoyed learning something new everyday.
Possibilities for advancement
Float/ICU Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MINovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working under the direction of Care Management Director. Enjoyed helping patients and families navigate through resources. Learned about working with insurance agencies. Worked with dedicated and knowledgeable team members.The hard part of the job was seeing families and patients go through different stages of grief.
Great place for growth
Nurse Tech (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIOctober 27, 2014
Great place to work. You can learn a lot and move up in your position.
professional work place
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: health care industry
Cons: commute to work from tampa
great working culture.

Great work staff
Great professional development.
Great client interaction
Clean fun environment
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 17, 2014
A fun friendly productive environment to work in that was focus on the needs of the patients
Great place to be a nurse
RN (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 25, 2014
Great Place to work and gain experience. I have worked here for 9 years and I love it.
learned alot through experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
I loved working with patients at the bedside and I worked with great people.
Working in a fast pace medical field
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 2, 2014
Pros: working with health care professionals
Cons: patients passing
Working for Lakeland Regional Medical Center was a fast paced medical center working with oncology and ambulatory patients. A typical night would be bathing the patients, changing linens, prepping for surgery, assisting with eating, charting, turn and positioning, and running rounds to make sure patients were all taken care of. I gained a lot of medical experience such as how to put on a colostomy, and empty drains. Management worked one on one with staff for the care of the patients co workers were also more than willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job would be to have a patient pass away and to see the grieving family. The best part of the job would be for the patients to be well enough to be discharged
Lakeland regional
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 18, 2014
Love working at this hospital, everyone is like family. Once your in your in for life. Management always looking out for the department and making sure we have the equipment to do our job.
clean and sanitized.
environmental service aide (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2014
Learned a lot about different people. Some co-workers were lazy. Management was on top of things.
Good co-workers
Nuc Med Tech (Former Employee), Nuc MedJune 20, 2014
The people I worked with were great and really cared about the patients. However, management seemed only concerned with the numbers. Unfortunately, this is what healthcare has become across the board, not just here. Health care insurance was not good. You have to go to LRMC in order to be "In Network".
I enjoyed working in the hospital environment, I found the challenges of working in the emergency department and helping patients very fulfilling.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: meeting all types of people from all walks of life.
Cons: no cons to speak of.
Working with the professional staff such as doctor's and nurses and the general public in the emergency department was very exciting, I enjoyed working in the hospital setting.
Staff, physicians and management
Orthopedic Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: staff. physicians were a joy
Cons: 11 vice presidents and poor management in the later part of employment
Worked there for 13 years, loved my position of staff/charge nurse until our director passed away and she was replaced with someone inexperienced, power seeking and showed much favoritism with other staff.
Got along with co-workers, clean environment
Nursing Support Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIMay 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job was watching some of my patients pass away. I worked on the Med/Oncology Unit.
Fast pace and exciting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: make patients happy
Cons: being on your feet for hours
I have learned how to have more patience how to work more efficiently, and how to work more as a team. The hardest part would be being on your feet for hours at times. For me the most enjoyable moment is making my patients feel well cared for and seeing the smile on their face when you help them and make them feel comfortable, safe and important.
Awful workplace as far as certain management
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: caring for patients
Cons: poor management. do not listen to employees
Management is poor. They do not listen to employees. Do not do proper discipline just terminate.

1 2 3 4

About Lakeland Regional Medical Center

In the land o' lakes (or Florida, as it's more commonly known), Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC) cares for residents' high – Read more

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Salaries