Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 23, 2015
The Culture of LRMC is one of caring and supportive of all staff and patients. always presents with best practice to improve care to patient and making work environment pleasant.
Pros
keeps up with current practices and skills
Cons
12 hour shifts
THE Standard of Excellence in hospitals
Senior Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 12, 2015
As a student RN who had most of her clinicals and senior preceptorship that Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC), I would highly recommend this hospital as a great place to work. All the units I experienced had positive healthcare staff that worked well together and there was a very supportive atmosphere for educational pursuits.
beware
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2015
Have met a GREAT group of co-workers but has single handed gone down the drain in the past couple of years over political policies. The nurse isn't important and replaceable. Showing a happy face and being non confrontational are held to a higher standard than being smart, hard working and honest. Maybe not how all the areas are but the changes are for the worse on the nurses behalf because our education means nothing as long as we can be certified waitresses that deliver medications with smiles on our faces.
Pros
working three days a week
Cons
working holidays, favoritism, opinion doesn't matter, leadership makes decisions without knowing or caring how the workers are impacted
IT. If you interview for an IT position, ask the people how long they have been working at LRMC.
IT Stafe (Current Employee) –  LakeLand FloridaOctober 25, 2015
The IT management is costing this hospital tons of money. They pay placement firms around 1/3 of your salary to find qualified candidates and a large amount of those employees are not around in a couple of years. They go ahead and pay the fee again. Just look at the turnover in IT. Management just does not get it. As bad as the good ole boy network was. The good ole girl network is worse.
Lrmc
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 21, 2015
Most people were friendly on a daily basis, higher up management were rude and unapproachable. You were scheduled 12 hr shifts and only allowed one 30 minute break for lunch. Departments are understaffed putting extra strain on the workers already there.
Cons
short breaks, exposed to illness without my knowledge
Working at LRMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2015
I learned a lot of things and continued to grow at a nurse.I was on the palliative floor when LRMC started fazing out LPNS.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
No jobs for LPNS
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Lakeland Regional Medical CenterOctober 10, 2015
I loved working from home. I did Emergency Room transcription for 5 1/2 years and really enjoyed it. I would love to get back into medical transcription or legal transcription.l
Clerk
STOREROOM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I would like to continue working for them but would love to move up.I have worked for them for a year as a storeroom clerk and I deal with helping the public which I really enjoy.
best hospital to work for hands down
Registered Nurse ER (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I miss working at LRMC. Every hospital should operate as it does. They take care of their employees in every way, they have advanced technology, they care for their patients, and they help the community.
A fast-paced work environment
Administrative Assistant & CME Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 31, 2015
This is a fast-paced multi-tasking job that requires great attention to detail and being a team player. The medical staff office at Lakeland Regional is responsible for confirming all physician licensure and ability to perform their job. In addition, I am the CME (continuing medical education) coordinator and wear many other hats throughout the day. There is no typical day at work...each day is different. Management likes to tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth and if you don't have letters behind your name, you likely will remain at the bottom of the pile
okay.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 24, 2015
Lakeland regional is a great company to work for. I feel as though I would have been better suited and appreciated in a different department though. Overall it was okay.
OR/Invasive Lab Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
Overall great work enviroment. Good pay and good insurance. Management cares for their employees. Organization really pushes education and employee/career betterment.
Great Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 8, 2015
I Loved this job. My Favorite was taking care of people and there families. This job teach me to never judge people. A typical day is charting, bedding, pushing, pulling, turning
Pros
Hour Break, Feeling you get when taking care of someone
Cons
Dealing with different kind of sickness
A very very busy laboratory and fast paced with alot of add on tests
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  5 West laboratory, central processingJune 29, 2015
Lakeland Regional Laboratory is a very busy laboratory and fast paced. There is so many add on test every minute that keeps us very busy adding and looking for samples. The need to be sharp is a must to be able to determine if the added test is able to be added to the previous sample in the lab. along with the demands of the phone calls from nurses inquiring about the status of their patients tests.
Pros
very busy, the day goes by fast
Cons
Very busy that patience is a must.
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician - Certified (Current Employee) –  Lakeland,FLJune 25, 2015
Treating each patient as uniquely created, preforming vital signs, patient care needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The best part about my job is the joyous feeling of helping someone conquer a healthcare need or crisis they may be going through at such time.
New things in every shift
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed Lakeland Regional. No 2 shifts were the same and I like to constantly be able to move and stay busy which wasn't hard.Loved my patients as if they were family because that's how they should be treated.
Pros
good pay, good co workers
Cons
short breaks for 12 hour shifts, health care
great
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 9, 2015
Great work, benefits and a solid schedule. I really miss this job. It's a lot of walking but the pay is decent. I highly recommend this job.
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJune 9, 2015
Intern for the cardiac rehab department, 7a-5p
I took my knowledge for previous classes and applied to them to real life exercise management.
Family is where it's at. we all work , laugh, and pray together.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2015
It's a very busy day, patients are going home the supervisor is stressing to get all discharged patient out on time because there are calls for the beds so we work hard to do so.

That when you work together as a team your work load is easier and your day goes well.

Our management is very caring fair and she will work with you to make things happen

If my group of patients are heavy my co-worker will ask if they can help me.

What may seem hard can become easy if you are patient.

Making my patients happy.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Cafeteria food to exspensive
fun work place
B3 helper (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
when I volunteer at the Lakeland Medical Center, I really enjoyed it. I learned how they do things in the hospital and the importance of cleaning everything. I got along with all the co-works and didn't get in the way. I wouldn't say my job was hard because I always finished all my work with no problem.
Pros
free lunches