Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

clean and sanitized.
environmental service aide (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2014
Learned a lot about different people. Some co-workers were lazy. Management was on top of things.
Good co-workers
Nuc Med Tech (Former Employee), Nuc MedJune 20, 2014
The people I worked with were great and really cared about the patients. However, management seemed only concerned with the numbers. Unfortunately, this is what healthcare has become across the board, not just here. Health care insurance was not good. You have to go to LRMC in order to be "In Network".
I enjoyed working in the hospital environment, I found the challenges of working in the emergency department and helping patients very fulfilling.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: meeting all types of people from all walks of life.
Cons: no cons to speak of.
Working with the professional staff such as doctor's and nurses and the general public in the emergency department was very exciting, I enjoyed working in the hospital setting.
Staff, physicians and management
Orthopedic Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: staff. physicians were a joy
Cons: 11 vice presidents and poor management in the later part of employment
Worked there for 13 years, loved my position of staff/charge nurse until our director passed away and she was replaced with someone inexperienced, power seeking and showed much favoritism with other staff.
Got along with co-workers, clean environment
Nursing Support Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIMay 8, 2014
The hardest part of the job was watching some of my patients pass away. I worked on the Med/Oncology Unit.
Fast pace and exciting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: make patients happy
Cons: being on your feet for hours
I have learned how to have more patience how to work more efficiently, and how to work more as a team. The hardest part would be being on your feet for hours at times. For me the most enjoyable moment is making my patients feel well cared for and seeing the smile on their face when you help them and make them feel comfortable, safe and important.
Awful workplace as far as certain management
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: caring for patients
Cons: poor management. do not listen to employees
Management is poor. They do not listen to employees. Do not do proper discipline just terminate.
Excellent Environment
Transporter I/II (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and other perks
Co-workers, Supervisors, and everything about the environment was superb during my time with Lakeland Regional MC.
positive working environment
Registered Nurse/Team Leader/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), M3-Certified Primary Stroke CenterMarch 12, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, good benefits, tuition reimbursement
My 12 years at LRMC were very positive. We were one of the few hospitals in the region whom hired new graduate nurses. I had the opportunity to precept and mentor many, which was extremely rewarding. I had many opportunities to advance professionally & would highly recommend LRMC.
Don't believe the hype
RN (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: most of your co-workers are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful
Cons: consistently understaffed
This hospital is chronically understaffed for RNs and PCA/CNAs. The focus on customer service ratings is driving floor nurses crazy, turning us from healthcare professionals into waiters, servants and "yes men". The culture of this hospital has now officially become that of other industries - the customer is always right. The pay is tops in the area, – more... but not by much. Better employers are available throughout Polk county. Tread lightly if you seek employment here, and definitely explore your options before accepting an offer from LRMC.. – less
Great Hospital to work for
Registered Nurse Emergency Room/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2014
I loved my time at this facility. If I still lived in Florida I would still be working here. These nurses provide the best care and customer service possible!!
The people are great and so is the experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlFebruary 17, 2014
Within each department, there are opportunities to learn and meet new people and develop new skills. The sad thing is that advancing your career can depend more on popularity than ability and qualification.
Large Central Florida Hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free parking, tuition reimbursement
Cons: expensive cafe
A great place to work because co-workers become family and are your greatest asset. This is a catch-22 because they are always there, but that is now the expectation. It is difficult to get middle/upper management to give more help because it seems as though the staff has it under control.
Clean/Professional Enjoyable Work Place
Host (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: discount/free lunches...a variety to choose from...different vendors
Cons: keeping the moral of the workers executing future plans
Early Morning set up of Coffee stand....Anticipate a morning rush of coffee drinkers...fast pace, fun and steady. Learn to operate espresso machine, making flavor-able, design coffee drinks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of people and being able to relate/communicate on specific topics and being able to prepare a drink exactly – more... as the customer like it! What a thrill! – less
Fun workplace
Linen Transporter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lunch discount, off every other weekend
Cons: short breaks
enjoyed getting the patients and doctors the correct linen needed.
Excellent
PC Technician / User Support (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Very supportive, a strong team environment. excellent company
Transporter
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee), LakelandJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good excercise
Cons: trying to find nurses
Call operator except job, pick up patient with their chart and transport them to destination. I learned where every test sites where. The management was good for the most part. The hard part was getting the nurses to give me patient charts but I enjoyed the exercise!
I have learned a lot at LRMC
Insurance Specialist Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 30, 2013
I always stayed busy. I worked every Patient account start to finish.
I have excellent customer service
Great staff
Registered Nurse, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FloridaDecember 19, 2013
Great Medical Center that allowed me to grow and develop my Nursing Practice. Looking for change and to move out of the state of Florida.
Good system to work for
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great city, high end technology and information systems
Cons: hr department always changing with inconsistent return for replies to important mattes
Being rated in the Top 100 small systems in the nation, Lakeland Regional Medical Center offers competitive wages and a gorgeous site to work at. Along with the local city, this makes for a great place to work.

1 2 3 4

About Lakeland Regional Medical Center

In the land o' lakes (or Florida, as it's more commonly known), Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC) cares for residents' high – Read more