Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Lakeland Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: paid time off, overtime available, great atmosphere
very nice co-workers and team work. rewarding workplace helping others. outstanding place to work if looking for a career in the nursing field.
great people to work with
cardiac sonographer (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 7, 2015
clock in if your on units go to units same for babys and bedside echos . If your on TEE you get test cleaning tubes n get TEE room ready for your TEEs . If your not scheduled for any off the floor ehos you start the morning by putting echos on transport to come down, I averaged 14 echos a day , we would have a 30 min lunch to 15 min breakes in a 12 hour shift
Some negatives, but overall a good place to work
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pharmacy in hospital
Cons: Kicked out of parking garage. No lunch provided. Staff with poor attitudes
There were a lot of times where the practice was not fair to the PAs. Hospital culture is cool but they don't appreciate the work surgical PAs do/did. Clinic was heavy and unorganized for the PAs while everyone else tried to get by on doing very little if anything at all.
Difficult Working Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2015
Helping people has always been a passion and in this job position that is exactly what I am able to do. The job environment is not ideal, sometimes the political issues within the establishment get in the way of patient care.
Busy place to work
Registered Nurse, RN 9276252 FL, RN (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: big on education
Cons: inability to move up w/in the company
I really enjoyed my time at Lakeland. This place jump started my nursing career. I learned a lot from my co-workers and I would recommend new nurses to work there.
community oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2015
fast paced, spiritually physically and emotionally sensitive environment. management is patient focused. goal of team work is for accountability, respect and cohesion.
not aplicable
Florida Microbiologist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 15, 2015
It's an execellent Company, very profesional, good place for advancement, and for any student to gain experience is the place to be.
I loved the job, fast-paced and lots of room to grow
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: could pay for meals on employee card, to be taken out of check
Cons: short breaks, working around very ill patients
It was always busy in the hospital pharmacy, I was a floating technician so there-fore I was where ever they needed me to be that day, I knew all departments of the pharmacy as well as the hospital, even taking part in this past years audit for the pharmacy. I enjoyed working around all of my co-workers they all made the place run smooth, I enjoyed the fact that my day would fly by because of how busy I would stay through out the day. The hardest part of the job was the fact I never really knew where I would be or what I would be doing that day, our management team needed better communication skills, but other than that they were great, I learned a lot in my time with the company, i came in only knowing retail pharmacy information, and left with compounding skills, and IV calculations.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), LAKELAND, FLDecember 29, 2014
I WORKED IN THE RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND LOVED THE WAY WE WERE ALL LIKE A GREAT BIG FAMILY. ONE OF THE PERKS THAT I ENJOYED WAS TRANSLATING FOR PATIENTS WHEN THEY WERE ILL AND COULD NOT GET THERE MESSAGE ACROSS TO THE DOCTOR AND I WAS THERE TO HELP THEM IN ANY QUESTIONS THEY HAD FOR THE RADIOLOGIST. I WAS ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP ANYONE IN NEED.
Highly Stresstful Fast pace
Patient Placement Rep (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: computer skills
Cons: stressful
I was responsible for assigning patient to their hospital room correctly the first time. I worded in the call center with 3 other employes and a supervisor.
The hard part of the job was the fast pace were i had to screen the patient by looking up their diagnosis,age ,etc ,the doctor which sometime is very over whelming .
I did enjoyed learning something new everyday.
Possibilities for advancement
Float/ICU Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MINovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working under the direction of Care Management Director. Enjoyed helping patients and families navigate through resources. Learned about working with insurance agencies. Worked with dedicated and knowledgeable team members.The hard part of the job was seeing families and patients go through different stages of grief.
Great place for growth
Nurse Tech (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIOctober 27, 2014
Great place to work. You can learn a lot and move up in your position.
professional work place
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: health care industry
Cons: commute to work from tampa
great working culture.

Great work staff
Great professional development.
Great client interaction
Clean fun environment
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 17, 2014
A fun friendly productive environment to work in that was focus on the needs of the patients
Great place to be a nurse
RN (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 25, 2014
Great Place to work and gain experience. I have worked here for 9 years and I love it.
learned alot through experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
I loved working with patients at the bedside and I worked with great people.
Working in a fast pace medical field
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 2, 2014
Pros: working with health care professionals
Cons: patients passing
Working for Lakeland Regional Medical Center was a fast paced medical center working with oncology and ambulatory patients. A typical night would be bathing the patients, changing linens, prepping for surgery, assisting with eating, charting, turn and positioning, and running rounds to make sure patients were all taken care of. I gained a lot of medical experience such as how to put on a colostomy, and empty drains. Management worked one on one with staff for the care of the patients co workers were also more than willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job would be to have a patient pass away and to see the grieving family. The best part of the job would be for the patients to be well enough to be discharged
Lakeland regional
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 18, 2014
Love working at this hospital, everyone is like family. Once your in your in for life. Management always looking out for the department and making sure we have the equipment to do our job.
clean and sanitized.
environmental service aide (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2014
Learned a lot about different people. Some co-workers were lazy. Management was on top of things.
Good co-workers
Nuc Med Tech (Former Employee), Nuc MedJune 20, 2014
The people I worked with were great and really cared about the patients. However, management seemed only concerned with the numbers. Unfortunately, this is what healthcare has become across the board, not just here. Health care insurance was not good. You have to go to LRMC in order to be "In Network".

1 2 3 4 5

About Lakeland Regional Medical Center

In the land o' lakes (or Florida, as it's more commonly known), Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC) cares for residents' high – Read more

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Salaries