Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Hour Break, Feeling you get when taking care of someone
Cons: Dealing with different kind of sickness
I Loved this job. My Favorite was taking care of people and there families. This job teach me to never judge people. A typical day is charting, bedding, pushing, pulling, turning
A very very busy laboratory and fast paced with alot of add on tests
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), 5 West laboratory, central processingJune 29, 2015
Pros: very busy, the day goes by fast
Cons: Very busy that patience is a must.
Lakeland Regional Laboratory is a very busy laboratory and fast paced. There is so many add on test every minute that keeps us very busy adding and looking for samples. The need to be sharp is a must to be able to determine if the added test is able to be added to the previous sample in the lab. along with the demands of the phone calls from nurses inquiring about the status of their patients tests.
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician - Certified (Current Employee), Lakeland,FLJune 25, 2015
Treating each patient as uniquely created, preforming vital signs, patient care needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The best part about my job is the joyous feeling of helping someone conquer a healthcare need or crisis they may be going through at such time.
New things in every shift
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: good pay, good co workers
Cons: short breaks for 12 hour shifts, health care
I enjoyed Lakeland Regional. No 2 shifts were the same and I like to constantly be able to move and stay busy which wasn't hard.Loved my patients as if they were family because that's how they should be treated.
great
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 9, 2015
Great work, benefits and a solid schedule. I really miss this job. It's a lot of walking but the pay is decent. I highly recommend this job.
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Intern (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MIJune 9, 2015
Intern for the cardiac rehab department, 7a-5p
I took my knowledge for previous classes and applied to them to real life exercise management.
Family is where it's at. we all work , laugh, and pray together.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 3, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Cafeteria food to exspensive
It's a very busy day, patients are going home the supervisor is stressing to get all discharged patient out on time because there are calls for the beds so we work hard to do so.

That when you work together as a team your work load is easier and your day goes well.

Our management is very caring fair and she will work with you to make things happen

If my group of patients are heavy my co-worker will ask if they can help me.

What may seem hard can become easy if you are patient.

Making my patients happy.
fun work place
B3 helper (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
when I volunteer at the Lakeland Medical Center, I really enjoyed it. I learned how they do things in the hospital and the importance of cleaning everything. I got along with all the co-works and didn't get in the way. I wouldn't say my job was hard because I always finished all my work with no problem.
Great entry level position for somebody going into the medical field
Orderly/Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2015
As a Transporter I was in the position of maintaining patient comfort to and from test sites along with addressing the patients questions about any latent concerns they may have about their procedure. Patients don't want to feel like clients. It was my role to bring that personable factor to the business and make sure that the patient knows that they don't need to be intimidated by any of the staff.
great job
visitor control (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: being with people
Cons: doing away with my job
great place to work and make friends, get to know some things about the hospital. it was helpful getting to know where places are and some thing employes do as part of there job. bosses are great and helpful. we learned that there is always room for emprovement in anything we do and strive to get better
Patient Care Assistant-Certified (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, experience
Cons: understaffed
Benefits are amazing. A little understaffed for such a big place. LRMC provides extensive training and always allows expansion of skills. Everyone is very kind and like a big family.
Has community at Heart
Team Leader/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 25, 2015
Great facility. Leadership truly cares for those working on a daily basis to ensure quality care is provided to all. LRMC gives back to the community and employees.
great beneifits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 21, 2015
I loved my job and taking care of my patients. I felt our clinic however was unorganized and the leadership changed often.
productive workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: paid time off, overtime available, great atmosphere
very nice co-workers and team work. rewarding workplace helping others. outstanding place to work if looking for a career in the nursing field.
great people to work with
cardiac sonographer (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 7, 2015
clock in if your on units go to units same for babys and bedside echos . If your on TEE you get test cleaning tubes n get TEE room ready for your TEEs . If your not scheduled for any off the floor ehos you start the morning by putting echos on transport to come down, I averaged 14 echos a day , we would have a 30 min lunch to 15 min breakes in a 12 hour shift
Some negatives, but overall a good place to work
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Pharmacy in hospital
Cons: Kicked out of parking garage. No lunch provided. Staff with poor attitudes
There were a lot of times where the practice was not fair to the PAs. Hospital culture is cool but they don't appreciate the work surgical PAs do/did. Clinic was heavy and unorganized for the PAs while everyone else tried to get by on doing very little if anything at all.
Difficult Working Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 5, 2015
Helping people has always been a passion and in this job position that is exactly what I am able to do. The job environment is not ideal, sometimes the political issues within the establishment get in the way of patient care.
Busy place to work
Registered Nurse, RN 9276252 FL, RN (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: big on education
Cons: inability to move up w/in the company
I really enjoyed my time at Lakeland. This place jump started my nursing career. I learned a lot from my co-workers and I would recommend new nurses to work there.
community oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 20, 2015
fast paced, spiritually physically and emotionally sensitive environment. management is patient focused. goal of team work is for accountability, respect and cohesion.
not aplicable
Florida Microbiologist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 15, 2015
It's an execellent Company, very profesional, good place for advancement, and for any student to gain experience is the place to be.
Headquarters
1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd.
Lakeland FL, United States 33805