Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive and caring atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2016
High in demand for taking care of patients. Unstoppable and productive working pace. Very enjoyable. I loved interacting with people and having them laugh before they see the doctor. I was excited to come to work everyday.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Losing patients
very good place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2016
As I kitchen supervisor I was responsible for all the aspects of the kitchen including food safety, knowledge of the food safety and prescribed diets, including textures and thickened liquids. I also was in charge of training, running shifts and maintenance of the entire kitchen.
Over work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2016
The major problem they do not train new nurses well. Instead of having them on the floor to know what to do they have them all over the hospital and then rush to put them on their own. Plus the treatment from older nurses to NEW nurses are horrible. It is all politics in there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much politics
n/a
production/operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2016
worst experience ever as employee and patient i will never return as a patient myself or my family. i learned ver little. my bass was very hypocritical and impatient. the chain of command was never followed and requess to hr never got sent
Orthopedics 3 East / Surgical Step Down Unit
LPN - FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
Busy Orthopedic Floor with a Step Down Unit caring specifically for Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery patients fresh from Recovery.
Poor working conditions, overworked employees, understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
New employees are not trained adequately. The workload you will have is misrepresented. The management is not helpful or attentive.
Student sonographer
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 28, 2016
I am not employed at this company, I was just a student sonographer but the whole department was super welcoming and great to learn from.
ok job
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 23, 2015
LMRC is the typical hospital to work for. They their main goal is to make sure that the client's get the best treatment needed in the short amount of time.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 23, 2015
The Culture of LRMC is one of caring and supportive of all staff and patients. always presents with best practice to improve care to patient and making work environment pleasant.
Pros
keeps up with current practices and skills
Cons
12 hour shifts
THE Standard of Excellence in hospitals
Senior Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 12, 2015
As a student RN who had most of her clinicals and senior preceptorship that Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC), I would highly recommend this hospital as a great place to work. All the units I experienced had positive healthcare staff that worked well together and there was a very supportive atmosphere for educational pursuits.
beware
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 10, 2015
Have met a GREAT group of co-workers but has single handed gone down the drain in the past couple of years over political policies. The nurse isn't important and replaceable. Showing a happy face and being non confrontational are held to a higher standard than being smart, hard working and honest. Maybe not how all the areas are but the changes are for the worse on the nurses behalf because our education means nothing as long as we can be certified waitresses that deliver medications with smiles on our faces.
Pros
working three days a week
Cons
working holidays, favoritism, opinion doesn't matter, leadership makes decisions without knowing or caring how the workers are impacted
IT. If you interview for an IT position, ask the people how long they have been working at LRMC.
IT Stafe (Current Employee) –  LakeLand FloridaOctober 25, 2015
The IT management is costing this hospital tons of money. They pay placement firms around 1/3 of your salary to find qualified candidates and a large amount of those employees are not around in a couple of years. They go ahead and pay the fee again. Just look at the turnover in IT. Management just does not get it. As bad as the good ole boy network was. The good ole girl network is worse.
Lrmc
Certified Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 21, 2015
Most people were friendly on a daily basis, higher up management were rude and unapproachable. You were scheduled 12 hr shifts and only allowed one 30 minute break for lunch. Departments are understaffed putting extra strain on the workers already there.
Cons
short breaks, exposed to illness without my knowledge
Working at LRMC
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2015
I learned a lot of things and continued to grow at a nurse.I was on the palliative floor when LRMC started fazing out LPNS.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
No jobs for LPNS
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Lakeland Regional Medical CenterOctober 10, 2015
I loved working from home. I did Emergency Room transcription for 5 1/2 years and really enjoyed it. I would love to get back into medical transcription or legal transcription.l
Clerk
STOREROOM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I would like to continue working for them but would love to move up.I have worked for them for a year as a storeroom clerk and I deal with helping the public which I really enjoy.
best hospital to work for hands down
Registered Nurse ER (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 14, 2015
I miss working at LRMC. Every hospital should operate as it does. They take care of their employees in every way, they have advanced technology, they care for their patients, and they help the community.
A fast-paced work environment
Administrative Assistant & CME Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 31, 2015
This is a fast-paced multi-tasking job that requires great attention to detail and being a team player. The medical staff office at Lakeland Regional is responsible for confirming all physician licensure and ability to perform their job. In addition, I am the CME (continuing medical education) coordinator and wear many other hats throughout the day. There is no typical day at work...each day is different. Management likes to tell you what you want to hear rather than the truth and if you don't have letters behind your name, you likely will remain at the bottom of the pile
okay.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 24, 2015
Lakeland regional is a great company to work for. I feel as though I would have been better suited and appreciated in a different department though. Overall it was okay.
OR/Invasive Lab Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
Overall great work enviroment. Good pay and good insurance. Management cares for their employees. Organization really pushes education and employee/career betterment.

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location