Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent Environment
Transporter I/II (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and other perks
Co-workers, Supervisors, and everything about the environment was superb during my time with Lakeland Regional MC.
positive working environment
Registered Nurse/Team Leader/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), M3-Certified Primary Stroke CenterMarch 12, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, good benefits, tuition reimbursement
My 12 years at LRMC were very positive. We were one of the few hospitals in the region whom hired new graduate nurses. I had the opportunity to precept and mentor many, which was extremely rewarding. I had many opportunities to advance professionally & would highly recommend LRMC.
Don't believe the hype
RN (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: most of your co-workers are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful
Cons: consistently understaffed
This hospital is chronically understaffed for RNs and PCA/CNAs. The focus on customer service ratings is driving floor nurses crazy, turning us from healthcare professionals into waiters, servants and "yes men". The culture of this hospital has now officially become that of other industries - the customer is always right. The pay is tops in the area, but not by much. Better employers are available throughout Polk county. Tread lightly if you seek employment here, and definitely explore your options before accepting an offer from LRMC..
Great Hospital to work for
Registered Nurse Emergency Room/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 25, 2014
I loved my time at this facility. If I still lived in Florida I would still be working here. These nurses provide the best care and customer service possible!!
The people are great and so is the experience
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlFebruary 17, 2014
Within each department, there are opportunities to learn and meet new people and develop new skills. The sad thing is that advancing your career can depend more on popularity than ability and qualification.
Large Central Florida Hospital
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free parking, tuition reimbursement
Cons: expensive cafe
A great place to work because co-workers become family and are your greatest asset. This is a catch-22 because they are always there, but that is now the expectation. It is difficult to get middle/upper management to give more help because it seems as though the staff has it under control.
Clean/Professional Enjoyable Work Place
Host (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: discount/free lunches...a variety to choose from...different vendors
Cons: keeping the moral of the workers executing future plans
Early Morning set up of Coffee stand....Anticipate a morning rush of coffee drinkers...fast pace, fun and steady. Learn to operate espresso machine, making flavor-able, design coffee drinks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of people and being able to relate/communicate on specific topics and being able to prepare a drink exactly as the customer like it! What a thrill!
Fun workplace
Linen Transporter (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lunch discount, off every other weekend
Cons: short breaks
enjoyed getting the patients and doctors the correct linen needed.
Excellent
PC Technician / User Support (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Very supportive, a strong team environment. excellent company
Transporter
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee), LakelandJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good excercise
Cons: trying to find nurses
Call operator except job, pick up patient with their chart and transport them to destination. I learned where every test sites where. The management was good for the most part. The hard part was getting the nurses to give me patient charts but I enjoyed the exercise!
I have learned a lot at LRMC
Insurance Specialist Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 30, 2013
I always stayed busy. I worked every Patient account start to finish.
I have excellent customer service
Great staff
Registered Nurse, Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FloridaDecember 19, 2013
Great Medical Center that allowed me to grow and develop my Nursing Practice. Looking for change and to move out of the state of Florida.
Good system to work for
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great city, high end technology and information systems
Cons: hr department always changing with inconsistent return for replies to important mattes
Being rated in the Top 100 small systems in the nation, Lakeland Regional Medical Center offers competitive wages and a gorgeous site to work at. Along with the local city, this makes for a great place to work.
Rehab
OT (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MINovember 21, 2013
Great team, like family, was very sad to leave due to family relocation.
very diverse company
Telecommunication Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MINovember 18, 2013
very kind and compassionate employees,well rounded in all kinds of technologies
Fast paced enviorment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 15, 2013
Pros: healthcare benifits
Cons: under-staffed
My team was responsible for cleaning and sterilization of instruments used in general, orthopedic, and cardio-vasculer operating rooms
Fun atmosphere if you like the medical environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 4, 2013
Great friends, good work/life balance, non-stop work that made your days go by quickly.
Good place to work but not too secure.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 13, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance benefits. good about supporting employees to improve their health.
Cons: poor supervisor support
Sold out to a service who pays only half what Lakeland Regional paid and has an extremely high co-pay for benefits. I was not helped by Lakeland Regional to find another job within their organization even though they had promised to do that.
A 5 star facility
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 9, 2013
Pros: excellent incentives.
Cons: excelent lunches
As a 12 hour shift supervisor we all worked as a team.Learned how to manage all aspect in 4 areas'.To treat each co-workers on an individual basis.Hardest part is smoothly running floor when a decrease in staff.Enjoyable part is successful patient recovery.
LAKELAND REGIONAL WAS AN AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 8, 2013
I WORKED AT LAKELAND REGIONAL FOR SEVEN YEARS. FRESH OUT OF SCHOOL THEY GAVE ME AN EXCELLENT FOUNDATION FOR MY CAREER.

About Lakeland Regional Medical Center

In the land o' lakes (or Florida, as it's more commonly known), Lakeland Regional Medical Center (LRMC) cares for residents' high – Read more