Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 8, 2015
I Loved this job. My Favorite was taking care of people and there families. This job teach me to never judge people. A typical day is charting, bedding, pushing, pulling, turning
Pros
Hour Break, Feeling you get when taking care of someone
Cons
Dealing with different kind of sickness
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician - Certified (Current Employee) –  Lakeland,FLJune 25, 2015
Treating each patient as uniquely created, preforming vital signs, patient care needs under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The best part about my job is the joyous feeling of helping someone conquer a healthcare need or crisis they may be going through at such time.
Clerk
STOREROOM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I would like to continue working for them but would love to move up.I have worked for them for a year as a storeroom clerk and I deal with helping the public which I really enjoy.
New things in every shift
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed Lakeland Regional. No 2 shifts were the same and I like to constantly be able to move and stay busy which wasn't hard.Loved my patients as if they were family because that's how they should be treated.
Pros
good pay, good co workers
Cons
short breaks for 12 hour shifts, health care
Some negatives, but overall a good place to work
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 6, 2015
There were a lot of times where the practice was not fair to the PAs. Hospital culture is cool but they don't appreciate the work surgical PAs do/did. Clinic was heavy and unorganized for the PAs while everyone else tried to get by on doing very little if anything at all.
Pros
Pharmacy in hospital
Cons
Kicked out of parking garage. No lunch provided. Staff with poor attitudes
great job
visitor control (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 11, 2015
great place to work and make friends, get to know some things about the hospital. it was helpful getting to know where places are and some thing employes do as part of there job. bosses are great and helpful. we learned that there is always room for emprovement in anything we do and strive to get better
Pros
being with people
Cons
doing away with my job
fun work place
B3 helper (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 2, 2015
when I volunteer at the Lakeland Medical Center, I really enjoyed it. I learned how they do things in the hospital and the importance of cleaning everything. I got along with all the co-works and didn't get in the way. I wouldn't say my job was hard because I always finished all my work with no problem.
Pros
free lunches
great people to work with
cardiac sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 7, 2015
clock in if your on units go to units same for babys and bedside echos . If your on TEE you get test cleaning tubes n get TEE room ready for your TEEs . If your not scheduled for any off the floor ehos you start the morning by putting echos on transport to come down, I averaged 14 echos a day , we would have a 30 min lunch to 15 min breakes in a 12 hour shift
OR/Invasive Lab Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 3, 2015
Overall great work enviroment. Good pay and good insurance. Management cares for their employees. Organization really pushes education and employee/career betterment.
okay.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 24, 2015
Lakeland regional is a great company to work for. I feel as though I would have been better suited and appreciated in a different department though. Overall it was okay.
Highly Stresstful Fast pace
Patient Placement Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 11, 2014
I was responsible for assigning patient to their hospital room correctly the first time. I worded in the call center with 3 other employes and a supervisor.
The hard part of the job was the fast pace were i had to screen the patient by looking up their diagnosis,age ,etc ,the doctor which sometime is very over whelming .
I did enjoyed learning something new everyday.
Pros
computer skills
Cons
stressful
Fun place to work
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  LAKELAND, FLDecember 29, 2014
I worked in the radiology department
For several years and loved the way we were all like a great big family. One of the perks that I enjoyed was translating for patients when they were ill and could not get there message across to the doctor and I was there to help them in any questions they had for the radiologist. I was always happy to help anyone in need.
Patient Care Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 29, 2015
Benefits are amazing. A little understaffed for such a big place. LRMC provides extensive training and always allows expansion of skills. Everyone is very kind and like a big family.
Pros
benefits, experience
Cons
understaffed
Possibilities for advancement
Float/ICU Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MINovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working under the direction of Care Management Director. Enjoyed helping patients and families navigate through resources. Learned about working with insurance agencies. Worked with dedicated and knowledgeable team members.The hard part of the job was seeing families and patients go through different stages of grief.
Don't believe the hype
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 27, 2014
This hospital is chronically understaffed for RNs and PCA/CNAs. The focus on customer service ratings is driving floor nurses crazy, turning us from healthcare professionals into waiters, servants and "yes men". The culture of this hospital has now officially become that of other industries - the customer is always right. The pay is tops in the area, but not by much. Better employers are available throughout Polk county. Tread lightly if you seek employment here, and definitely explore your options before accepting an offer from LRMC..
Pros
most of your co-workers are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful
Cons
consistently understaffed
Clean/Professional Enjoyable Work Place
Host (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Early Morning set up of Coffee stand....Anticipate a morning rush of coffee drinkers...fast pace, fun and steady. Learn to operate espresso machine, making flavor-able, design coffee drinks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting a variety of people and being able to relate/communicate on specific topics and being able to prepare a drink exactly as the customer like it! What a thrill!
Pros
discount/free lunches...a variety to choose from...different vendors
Cons
keeping the moral of the workers executing future plans
Nice coworkers and interesting and diversified work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 9, 2013
I enjoyed the variety of the work involved and the ability to use my skills effectively. The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk at all during the day as that was distracting for all of us. Our supervisor was terrific and always very helpful. Most of my coworkers have remained friends and we had regular social functions among ourselves.
Pros
nice coworkers and supervisor plus interesting work
Cons
long hours and no talking between ourselves
I felt like this was a good place to work. I thought they did a good job at making sure they paid a fair wage.
Radiology Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIJanuary 18, 2012
I like working at Lakeland. I work a PRN shift that I am used a lot on the weekends. I was hoping to have a regular part time schedule that I work more thru the week. Lakeland is a large company and I feel like working mostly weekends I don't get the chance to establish very many relationships with the staff.
Pros
pays well, good benefits
Cons
prn status need part time status, working mostly weekends, no benefits as prn
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 19, 2012
This was my first nursing job after graduating from college. Just a bit scary but everyone was very helpful. Started out working nights but then got married so that became hard. But I was allowed to change to days which made life much better. Someone was always there to answer questions. You never felt you were all alone. Have to say the patients were my favorite, even though they were cancer patients they never seemed to complain and they always seemed to appreciate all we did for them.
Proceed with caution if you apply here
Lab QA/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dept of Laboratory MedicineOctober 18, 2012
Current leadership in Dept of Lab Medicine abuses positional power. Being mean because you can does not justify treating employees like they are expendable. Pattern of turnover indicates that long-term employees are "squeezed" out to save operational dollars. Those who speak out or have legitimate questions are counseled. Favoritism exists in certain areas.
Pros
good benefits. good equipment to work with.
Cons
lack of appreciation for experienced employees. favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location