Lakeland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

first nursing job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 24, 2017
great place to work, first nursing job, taught me alot about patient care. The staff was patient with me and allowed me to have the time that I needed to learn
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 22, 2017
What I've learned from being employeed at the hospital is that the every type of job is not meant for everyone. Being around ill people all day didn't sit well.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Health Risk
Hectic but worth it
PATIENT ACCESS REP (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2017
You would think it's the most terrible hospital to work for at first, until you work for other hospitals... best words for it, the most organized chaos. Coworkers are usually always there to help , however the supervisors and managers aren't so much.
Pros
bragging rights
Great work place
Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIFebruary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Lakeland. Taking care of people was a blessing. Learning to properly care of people was a main priority. Vital signs, baths, daily activities, are all the basics of a typical day. CPR, critical thinking with quick responses are needed also.
Hospital
Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I spent time as an intern with the Pathology Department at Lakeland Regional. I was able to witness and learn about how biopsies are performed and analyzed to determine what disease a patient is suffering from. It was amazing work.
Pros
Loved the doctors and staff and all the stuff that I learned
Not a bad place to work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 23, 2017
The pay is minimal, but they have good benefits. It really is not a bad place to work. The management always depends on the area that you work in. It is not easy to get a job there. Once you are in, you can transfer. They have a cafe, so food is never a problem. They are expanding and are hiring so many people.
Great place
Behavior Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Hated to leave such a fantastic place. Had my family not relocated to Ga I would never have left. It was a wonderful experience and would like to have continued a life long career there.
the team work ar LRMC is truly amazing
patient care tech (Former Employee) –  cardiac unit in Lakeland FloridaJanuary 5, 2017
while employed at LRMC I enjoyed working with my peers. Patient care is truly my passion and working in cardiac was a rewarding experience,
Pros
being able to make your own schedule
Cons
30 minute lunch break.
grate place
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 17, 2016
the work was fun and eazy grate place nice team player co-workers the hardest part about the job pushing people around in wheelchairs all day begins to bother your back after a bit. Also when we're busy and the destination is far away and the nursing staff needs patients transported as well as radiology or another department it gets hectic.but must of all love working around others.
loved working for this hospital
Central Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 22, 2016
come in and start working to your schedule and keep up with time limited per job.. communication skills, customer service, patients, multitask, self-management.. management is friendly and easy to get compromise.. co-workers are friendly and over all helpful.. keeping up with the amount of time they give.. i enjoy meeting new people and the respect everyone has for everyone
worked as a new lpn on the floor for 1 yr
LPN TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 18, 2016
worked 12 hour shifts on the weekends when graduated from LPN school. Then went to work at the clinic. The hospital was. good experience but need more hours and weekends off .
Very productive and caring atmosphere
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2016
High in demand for taking care of patients. Unstoppable and productive working pace. Very enjoyable. I loved interacting with people and having them laugh before they see the doctor. I was excited to come to work everyday.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Losing patients
very good place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 16, 2016
As I kitchen supervisor I was responsible for all the aspects of the kitchen including food safety, knowledge of the food safety and prescribed diets, including textures and thickened liquids. I also was in charge of training, running shifts and maintenance of the entire kitchen.
Over work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2016
The major problem they do not train new nurses well. Instead of having them on the floor to know what to do they have them all over the hospital and then rush to put them on their own. Plus the treatment from older nurses to NEW nurses are horrible. It is all politics in there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much politics
n/a
production/operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2016
worst experience ever as employee and patient i will never return as a patient myself or my family. i learned ver little. my bass was very hypocritical and impatient. the chain of command was never followed and requess to hr never got sent
Orthopedics 3 East / Surgical Step Down Unit
LPN - FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
Busy Orthopedic Floor with a Step Down Unit caring specifically for Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery patients fresh from Recovery.
Poor working conditions, overworked employees, understaffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2016
New employees are not trained adequately. The workload you will have is misrepresented. The management is not helpful or attentive.
Student sonographer
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 28, 2016
I am not employed at this company, I was just a student sonographer but the whole department was super welcoming and great to learn from.
If they hadn't outsourced our department, I would still be working there.
Senior Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2016
Unfortunately, transcription was an expensive thorn in the side for the HIMS department at LRMC. When the opportunity arose to outsource transcription to Nuance our young new director jumped at it.
ok job
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 23, 2015
LMRC is the typical hospital to work for. They their main goal is to make sure that the client's get the best treatment needed in the short amount of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location