Lakeland Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Facility currently closed
Licensed Practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIOctober 20, 2014
Facility currently closed. Was a great place to work. Started my nursing career at this facility.
It was a great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIJune 8, 2014
Good team work and people served rights and quality services offered
Worked on Behavior Unit (D) with potential 40 beds. three nurses, and 4 CNAs per shift as Charge Nurse.
Charge Nurse on Unit D (behavior unit) (Current Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIApril 16, 2014
I have most recently been a Charge Nurse scheduling daily work assignments for two other nurses and four CNAs. It was my responsibility to oversee the work being done on my unit as well as take a Resident caseload of my own. I entered new orders if needed, collaborated with physicians and management to best facilitate care of the Residents on the unit dealt with disagreements between co-workers and/or Residents and staff. I, also, referred these to upper management if unable to resolve on the unit; or if they exceeded the realm of my responsibility. I, also, adjusted the assignments of the staff throughout the day to accommodate changes in the census or other pertinent happenings. I did discharges occasionally as needed.
Pros
recogniton by management of job well done, scheduler allowed flexibility with work schedule, if needed, accessibility of upper management, good working relationship with loyal staff
Cons
lakeland specialty hospital is closing as of june 1st, and all staff must seek employment elsewhere.
Enjoyed working with the reidents and making the building their home.
Food Service Assistant III (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIMarch 14, 2014
There is never a typical day. I could be handling upset patients who did not get their chocolate milk or discussing diets with dieticians, or planning a party for an upcoming event. Mostly it is a day answering telephone calls to take food items to the floors, helping the staff prepare foods, answering questions, and ordering supplements, tubefeeding products, parts, and soda.
Pros
really good health insurance and pay
Cons
not treated with respect by people in higher postions, you have to go to work no matter the weather conditions.
Great care for patients
NURSE MANAGER / ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIAugust 29, 2013
I evaluated patients in local hospitals for the LTAC unit so my day usually started on the road. Team meeting was in the afternoon,chart reviews were part of my duties also. The best part was it was always a busy fulfilling day. The least favorite was all the paperwork.
Pros
set my own schedule
Cons
lots of driving
Helping the elderly with their ADLs
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIJune 11, 2013
It is a great place for those who like helping the aging population with their daily living activities. It is hard to work every other week-end and many holidays. Patients can be very combative at time.
Pros
you get to help residents and make great bounds
Cons
poor management, very demanding, high turnovers
great place to work with helpful and knowledgable management and staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berrien Center, MIJanuary 24, 2013
taking care of long term care patients with coworkers who are always helpful, and management who are always on hand to answer questions and help.
Long Term Care Center where excellent service is provided, and the workers leave feeling truly appreciated
Restorative Therapist (Former Employee) –  Berrien Springs, MISeptember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working at Lakeland Specialty Hospital. When I started off there, I was a CNA. Additional projects were added by the DON, and when the Restorative Therapist position opened up, I was encouraged to apply.
Pros
with each and every act of kindness you change soneone's life
Cons
there were no actual cons personally for myself.

4.6