Lakes Region General Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor New Managment
Food Service Worker I (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHDecember 17, 2016
I worked here for almost three years and the first two and a few months I had an amazing manager. She was kind, willing to do anything she could to help her employees and make it a great work enviroment. But my last few months there we came under new management who honestly didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. More and more of us started to quit and management started bringing in people who had no customer service experience and weren't always polite to customers. The work itself was average. Some job responisiblities, like dishes, kind of sucked. But some were busy and fun. It really just depends on what you get to do that day. The pay was great as well. The reason my rating is so low is because of management specifically. I asked for more hours to support my son, even quit school so I'd have more availability, and instead my hours were cut back even though we were short staffed. I don't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, short breaks
Fast- paced environment
LNA (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHJuly 15, 2015
Your job requirements depend on which department you work in. I had previously worked in a nursing home so I was taught a lot of different skills when I worked in the hopistal settings. My co workers are great and helpful. The hardest part of my job is the shift that I work because it's night shift.
this company needs a new Leadership
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laconia, New HampshireFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working in Telco, I learned a lot of hands on experience and also trained with Cisco. I loved working with vendors and Doctors. However Leadership needs to change. Also they need to revamp employees in Telco.
Huc/lna
Health Unit Coordinator/ LNA (Current Employee) –  Laconia,NHOctober 30, 2014
Sometimes can be stressful. Learned a lot about being a medical receptionist and the duties along with it. I loved my coworkers they made the day great! Hardest part of our job is stress management. The job can be very stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is the tasks I complete and working with the patients and public.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks if any at all some days
Very challenging and educational with fabulous relationship building
EMERGENCY SERVICES CLINICAL COORDINATOR, RN (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHMay 23, 2014
Pivotal - daily challenges that require instant choices to make important decisions to help focus the care of each person in our department and hospital.
It is a career choice I have never looked back on with regret. I will be ever grateful for this organization for taking a chance on me as a new grad RN 18 years ago and allowing me the opportunity to learn and grow and move up in the organization. They have given me the chance to do what every RN wants and that is to make a difference!
I work with talented passionate people who strive for excellence.
The hardest part in this position is to balance work and home but it is also the most enjoyable. I get to help all people, staff, patients, families, people in leadership and all walks of life every day!
I am grateful for the opportunity LRGHealthcare has extended me and my family.
Pros
Collaborative efforts throughout the organization
Cons
I am leaving this organization. :(
Great place to work,awesome area with lots to do,ski,fish,hunt,snow mobile,camping etc
RN-OPERATING ROOM (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHMarch 4, 2014
Great place to work with great co workers who all pitch in and help.Typical days consist of lots of ortho cases,general,gyn and trauma casesthat depend on the activities happening in the area. Ie:skiing,boating,hiking,snow mobiling
Pros
Everyone is friends and socialize outside of the workplace with outdoor activities etc
great job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laconia NHNovember 20, 2013
I loved working with the elderly. very rewarding job. was a great facility and was run very well. only down fall was working nights and weekends and having small children at home. I went to college and became a CMA
It was a great place for my first RN position
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHSeptember 1, 2013
It was my first position. I worked on the Telemetry Unit, occasionally working in the ICU. I had a great Nurse manager and learned a lot from my Preceptors. It was a fun place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHJuly 18, 2013
Excellent team of professionals with the interest of the patients and fellow staff at hand, it was a delight to work at Lakes Region General Hospital. The Security Department was very progressive and continues to update and meet the needs of the changing times and community needs.
Pros
Staff, compensation, hours, benefits.
Great Place. Great Bennefits. Great People.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NHApril 8, 2012
Wonderful place to work with a positive environment, and great people to work with.
Pros
great bennefits and great work environment.
Great work environment.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Laconia, NHMarch 27, 2012
LRGH is a small hospital with a great work environment.
Very patient-focused.
Staff communicates well with each other.
Transitioned well through moving units into a new addition and revamping the food service.