Lakeshore Learning Materials Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Resource (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 15, 2017
Everyone here is so helpful and inviting. They make you feel like a part of the family and their culture. They have great management and when things get tough they stick together and do what's best for thr company. I lived it here.
Amazing Place
Outbound Associate (Current Employee) –  Midway, KYOctober 7, 2017
Fun, fast paced environment, good leadership, and real team feeling. There's an atmosphere created were you are part of something bigger than one's self, and the sky is the limit!
Pros
Compensation, Communication, Benefits, Advancement Opportunities, 401K
Cons
None Yet
Awesome work experience and amazing coworkers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 14, 2017
I loved my job at Lakeshore and if they need me to come back for more seasonal work I absolutely would. Fair pay and fun coworkers who are always willing to help you and keep you motivated.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 11, 2017
It was a great place to work. I just got a better offer with another company. It appeared to be a bit prejudicial,at least with the new employees. There was clearly a lot of office politics.
Pros
Work atmosphere was great.
Cons
Not fair treatment i. The department i worked in.
Quick and stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 24, 2017
The management position was extremely stressful with no work life balance at all. Managers are required to work more than the 40 hours that they are on the clock.
Ok place to work but very high-paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 27, 2017
I wasn't too crazy about working at this place but they paid me well and offered a lot of hours. There was a lot of favoritism and disrespect amongst the coworkers.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Favoritism
Great for Gaining Retail Experience
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 21, 2017
Amazing. It pains me that my store has currently been struggling with reaching its goals, as I believe it definitely deserves more. The work environment is amazing and I'm easily able to talk with my managers. It's been my favorite job so far.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Enjoyable work environment and customers
Cons
Low Pay
fun work environment
Seasonal Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 20, 2017
Always room for advancement. Temp to hire. Job culture fun and relaxing. Customer service can be stressful. Easy to learn. Must speak fluent english because your on the phone with customers.
Loved working here
Receiving Clerk, Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Del Amo, CAApril 29, 2017
Your work here is recognized, great profit sharing benefit. Employee appreciation. Great culture and management. Great people to work with. Room for advancement
Pros
Hours, culture, benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
Lakeshore rocks!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 27, 2017
I love working here. The people are awesome and the company is casual/relaxed. Very successful company with outstanding customer service. Great benefits. Hard work is rewarded.
Pros
Profit bonus, competitive pay and benefits, awesome people, very stable company
HIGH turnover rate
Early Childhood Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 7, 2017
Uninviting environment: People eat in their cars and office to avoid others. I've never seen so many people work together, but eat alone.

EC product developers steal other people's ideas and claim them for their own, not cool. They're not innovative, they're thieves looking for what's already out there so they could make a buck.

Lots of cussing in the office (and I grew up with a potty-mouthed marine father). Unprofessional. Very "clicky" environment. Not friendly.

The job itself was Booooring. If you enjoy being in the classroom and teaching, then this is Not the job for you. If you are a social butterfly, then this is not for you. However, if you enjoy being in a small office by yourself, constantly checking paperwork and emails, and can follow LOTS of simultaneous deadlines, then this job is for you. FYI most of the job is paperwork and email checking.

HIGH turnover rate. I was warned my third day there, not to bother putting anything personal up as there was a high turnover rate and HR, didn't give warning to dismissals. That was very true. They call you into their office (don't tell you the reason), quietly send someone to put your belongings in a box, and hand you the box on your way out. You are not allowed to go back, but they do offer to mail you any personal items they might have forgotten. How considerate.

OWNERS: Though my experience with the employees and the job itself were negative, I must say the owners of the company try their best to keep the place pleasant and fun. I guess they have to try some method of reducing the HIGH turnover rate.
  more... They constantly do raffles, giveaways, and employee incentives. Too bad that's not enough to keep everyone.  less
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not fun
Great place and great people
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 22, 2017
Family owned business that looked out for their employees. They offered profit sharing and an in-house daycare for their employees. They celebrated all the holidays with fun individual department parties. And had incentives for employees with raffles and prizes.
Lakeshore is an amazing company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 10, 2017
I worked at Lakeshore for over 10 yrs and only left because we relocated out of California, but I truly loved my time there. The company is very stable, has the best team, and strong leadership.
Pros
On-site preschool, family-friendly, yearly increases, excellent benefits + 401K
Great Company
Customer Care Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 6, 2017
I enjoy doing my job with this company. It allows me to come into contact with people from all around and helps me to continue to be a better Supervisor hoping to one day work in a head office setting.
Great job out of college
Assistant Manager of Product Planning (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked at Lakeshore Learning Materials right after I graduated college. It was a great place to learn about the business world and I was able to transfer around to different areas of the company to learn various aspects of the business.
Family owned company with great enviornment
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Great company to work at but very little growth potential. Pay is reasonable and company incentives are a big plus.
The hardest part of the job for me was the long hours while being paid salary.
Pros
Location was close to my home
Cons
As a salary employee you are requested to volunteer many Saturdays, without additional pay or days off during the week.
easy common basic warehouse job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 3, 2017
its a warehouse job, basic calm do what you are told and everything is going to be peachy, nothing much to it, not even 150 characters minimum worth..
Pros
easy calm
Cons
leads to no where unless you commit like 10 years or so.
Seasonal Job
Seasonal Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I had fun for the seasonal time I was there. The next season I was asked to come back, but had personal things going on. Great place to work!!
Horrible horrible Company to work for.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 13, 2017
The culture...it's weird and very similar to being back in high school. Trust no one...VP's and Management are chauvinistic especially the VP of Retail. Stay away from this company they're unorganized, there's no creativity allowed, in box thinking, bickering over silly details for hours in meeting after meeting. Worst career decision I ever made.

Working for a privately owned company allows them to take full advantage of their employees and they do. Zero job security here.
Pros
I wish I could think of just one...can't.
Cons
Read below
Do yourself a favor....
Corporate Office - Retail (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 23, 2016
...and avoid this place like the plague. Management is terrible, majority of them are not even trained to manage/supervise employees. If you work hard but still don't fit in to the twisted "culture" they will find a reason to fire you. And it will be done in ghetto fashion....you will be called into a room and fired by an HR rep while someone boxes up your belongings and puts them out on the curb. Seriously, save your sanity and avoid this place. There is nothing good about it.
Pros
some really good people work here, that's about it.
Cons
terrible management, rule by fear, cult like "culture"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeshore Learning Materials. Our community is ready to answer.

Lakeshore Learning Materials Reviews by Location