Lakeshore Learning Employee Reviews

Loyalty Based Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 29, 2017
This is a good stepping stone company to work for. You can gain some experience and then apply lessons learned elsewhere, where you'll have an opportunity for career advancement. This is not a long term company to work for, since only those that grew up with the owners and their families are advanced. Every head of a department is either blood or somehow related to the owners and their families.
Pros
Nothing you don't get at other companies.
Cons
Advancement based on loyalty or nepotism versus results and contributions of the individual.
Hated it
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 29, 2017
The staff was very unfriendly and the director was not nice at all. I was very happy the day that I was able to give my notice. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Short drive
Cons
Unfriendly staff
Great place to work.
Contract Artist (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 18, 2017
I'd work there again, if I could. A really great place to work. They are super creative but relaxed. Deadline oriented but casual dress code. A perfect place for a creative person.
Fun environment, can be hectic at times
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZMay 31, 2017
i thoroughly enjoyed working at Lakeshore. All my co-workers were very nice. The environment was very welcoming. Scheduling was a little hectic at times.
Pros
good management, fun environment
Cons
A tad un-organized
Very nice to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  ABQ, NMApril 27, 2017
Working at Lakeshore is a positive and pleasant experience. The scheduling is flexible, so it is perfect for students or those who have other obligations to tend to. Managers and company owners are VERY nice and understanding. I would highly recommend this job.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSApril 10, 2017
I made great friends while working there! The people are awesome and the store sells awesome products for kids. I recommend anyone to work there, especially teachers.
Pros
Great people
Cons
need a lot of availability
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 3, 2017
The job involved a fast-paced, friendly environment. It was an in-bound call center position. We assembled products between calls. Had a wonderful rapport with management.
Pros
Always, a busy environment
Cons
It was a seasonal position.
Excellent products
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Working at the Corporate store (Carson) has its downfalls. It's a family business and the family members will employ all their friends at the store or in the corporate office so advancement can be difficult if your not on their list
Pros
Good hours, good pay
Cons
Very political
Decent work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 4, 2017
management plays favorites, they talk about employees, slow business, pay isn't that great, they talk bad about the customers.
Pros
Work with schedule, cool products
Cons
Play favorites, hours are given to favorites
Diverse
HVAC and Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 22, 2016
I love the diversity it held. Meeting and working different people from different backgrounds help with the ease of production. The different ideas that the diverse population held.
Pros
Diverse Staff
Cons
No training time.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 7, 2016
I was an Accounts Payable Clerk in the Accounting department. My experience there was one of the worst I've ever had at any job before. Everything was unorganized. A fellow employee went on a medical leave, and his entire work load was designated to me with little to no training. I was left with tons of unfinished work that was not taught or explained to me. Management would constantly micromanage and reprimand for things that I was not trained on. With hardly any training, the work load was nearly impossible to complete, it was extremely stressful & overwhelming and when I expressed my concerns to management about not being properly trained they did nothing and continued to reprimand me. There's not a lot of room for growth or advancement at the company and the overall experience was not a positive one. I don't feel like Lakeshore cares about their employees.
Pros
No dress code, benefits
Cons
Poor management, no training
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 17, 2016
team work , morning and afternoon shift. friendly employees, place to learn , free training. no experience necessary. room for improvement is there,
Stay Away If Possible...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 7, 2015
My first couple years were great. Had an awesome manager, let me do my job, had complete autonomy. Good pay with generous raises and reviews. Work hard, play hard mentality. Company culture was awesome with holiday and summer fun. Then, things changed.....son took over, management style changed, micromanagement became the new normal, lay offs and severe decrease in yearly raises. Still expected to do an insane amount of work while not being compensated, due to being salaried. Managers started moving around to different departments, where they lacked understanding and skills provided to do their appropriately. Morale went down, people were told to remove their personal belongings from desks such as pictures and so fourth which was strange as company culture seemed to be important at one time. Benefits changed and became less valuable. I can go on and on, but I just wanted too warn others that this was a good starting job, but not worth staying for long if at all. I'm glad I don't work there anymore period.
Pros
Made friendships
Cons
Poor management, poor morale, micro management, overtime work with no overtime pay, cannot take vacation when you want, no job stability.
working for Lakeshore Learning Center
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 27, 2015
assisting customers who need help in what they're looking for, stocking up items on shelves, ringing up customers on the register so they can purchase their items, co-workers were friendly and helpful and job was hard working and enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2015
Meeting new people is what I enjoy doing and I have the opportunity to do so at Lakeshore. I learn new ways on how to be creative and have fun with customers. Everyone that works at Lakeshore has an upbeat and positive attitude so its easy to get along with your coworkers.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Worst Place I Have Ever Worked
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 22, 2015
Very busy. No training. People do not take accountability for anything. Management is very disengaged and degrades employees.
Pros
Casual dress, profit bonus after 2 years of employment
Cons
No breaks, not paid for overtime
Awesome place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Amazing company! Great quailty products and fun atmoshpere. truly becomes part of the education community.
If you live on the east coast there is not much opportunity for growth.
fun environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2014
the stores are such a fun place to work. Lots of interaction with customers, they truely care about their people.
Cons
weekend and night hours.
High Pace
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2014
Job is great:
Lots of pressure to never get a customer complaint..
great for customer.. not so great for associate who gets grumpy teacher..
Pros
teaching kids
Cons
Teachers who don't understand how a purchase order works...
Productive and fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta Ca.April 17, 2014
Worked with customers and we always finds what their needs were.
I learned that customers come first we always go out of our way to help.
The management and employees were always easy going never any conflict.
The hardest part of the job was working retail hours
The enjoyable part of the job is it was easy going.
Pros
Great enviornment, easy going
Cons
Retail hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeshore Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5