Job Title: Nursing Assistant Program Adjunct Faculty
Division: Health & Human Services
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule:
Summer Semester (2013)
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college
NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Provide instruction to students in the Nursing Assistant program courses at Lakeshore Technical College. Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members.
- Associate degree with three and one-half years (7,000 hours) of recent related work experience.
- Registered Nurse licensed by the State of Wisconsin.
- Two years (4,000 hours) or more of recent experience in a long term care facility.
- Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
- Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
- Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
- One year of full-time teaching experience in higher education or equivalent (approximately 720 contact hours of teaching) and curriculum development experience is preferred.
- Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
- Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain Wisconsin Technical College System certification requirements.
Salary: Per Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule
Benefits: Not applicable
Beginning: Friday, January 18, 2013
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
Please visit www.gotoltc.edu, select the ‘Job Seekers’ link, choose ‘Create/Edit Employment Application’, and follow the online application process instructions. To be considered a position, the LTC online application must be completed in its entirety and submitted. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.