LAKESIDE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Review

View all LAKESIDE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM reviews

Mentally draining
Community Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 12, 2013
I worked at Lakeside for three months as a community counselor. The job was mentally draining. I by myself would have 35+ patients and I was responsible for all of them including doing 15 minute checks on each patient. I was required to do vital signs file paperwork and various other activites which would take time away from my patients. I would ask for help and none was given. I have seen patients have medical emergencies and the nursing staff was not adequately staffed enough to help the patient. If you have a loved one do not send them here it is not safe. I would suggest private care Lakeside is all about profits not patients. They even keep patients with certain insurances longer just for the money and patients who have Medicare or Medicaid have their charts especially marked so they will know to keep them longer. Also they don't inform patients of their rights to leave instead they use scare tactics about having them involuntarily committed. This place was unethical and I'm ashamed to say I was employed here.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
poor managent, understaffed

Other LAKESIDE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Liars
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Be careful before you resign from your current job. They have an unethical practice of promising a job that doesn't exist and when you arrive, oh well. You're then given the option of floating all over the campus to places you would have never have agreed to work. Scam.
Pros
Cons
Liars
Opportunity for advancement,
RN Charge Nurse. Psych (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Lakeside. Opportunity for advancement, excellent benefits, teamwork, accessibility to upper management and good communication through out the facility.