- you must be either licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Minnesota or RHIT or RHIA with current AHIMA certification;
- and have at least one year of experience working in a multi-disciplinary, acute care hospital as a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist;
- and have an understanding of coding classifications system, ICD-9 CM, MD-DRG and APR-DRG;
- and have excellent verbal/written and presentation skills;
- and posses critical thinking skills, able to asses evaluate and teach.
Lakeview Hospital, five time Top 100 Hospital award winner, has a new opportunity for a Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist. This position will facilitate improvement in the overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation and data management to facilitate appropriate reimbursement and to support hospital outcomes; obtain and promote appropriate clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other healthcare professionals, and coding staff to ensure clinical documentation reflects the level of service rendered to patients is complete and accurate; and educates all members of patient care team on documentation guidelines on an on-going basis.
Physical demands: Sitting for long periods of time.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits and an award winning team to work with! For more information and/or to apply visit our website at www.lakeviewhealth.org and select Lakeview Hospital Careers. To be considered you must include Position FP12239-a on your cover letter or resume.
We are a member of the HealthPartners Family of Care.
We are an EEO/AA employer.