LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER

LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work it is multi Practice with various departments
Medical Assistant OB/GYN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 12, 2015
A good place to work and exercise your clinical skills, fast pace environment. A clean work place were you can be proud to come to work daily. You can meet new people each day and share you experiences.
Pros
meet Pharmaceutical Rep and learn of new medications
Cons
heavy work load
Good place to work!
Clinical counselor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 14, 2015
While working at Lakeview, I worked with great staff who were supported of my decisions as a clinical couselor and a behavioral technician. I would love to work for them in the future.
I like working at lakeview
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 1, 2015
I like working at Lakeview regional medical center but I am prn and hours are slim. I would like a full-time position but there isn't one available. The employees there are nice and easy to get along with.
Productive & nice place to work
o Customer service (Former Employee) –  Suffolk,VaMarch 31, 2015
Everyone friendly overall nice place to work. Company truly commited to the overall care of their patients. The employee benefits were excellent.
Pros
some free lunch
Cons
now owned by Bayview
Outstanding Place to Work
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 2, 2015
Lakeview is a fantastic place to work. Extremely professional staff. Leadership was extremely knowledgeable and created a rewarding place of employment.
Pros
professional enviorment
Cons
salary compensation could be more in-line with hospital pay in the twin cities
A great place to learn!
Family Services Counselor (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Very supportive team, works alongside DCF and allows counselors to gain more insight on working with families and building rapport.
Pros
helping families
Cons
salary
Exciting position, not the same ole same ole day in and day out.
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 15, 2015
My typical day at work is reviewing documentation from my co-workers on the consumers of the program first thing in the morning, then I meet with the consumers in their residence or at the office. I assist the consumers with meeting the objectives listed on their service plan. We assist our consumers with maintaining stability with their mental health issues and with their drug and alcohol use. A majority of our consumers have dual diagnoses. I assist our consumers with developing coping skills and learning about their mental health symptoms and triggers. I offer support to my co-workers when it comes to the medication portion of the job. I am a Med Trainer and have successful created policies, procedures and forms to be used in our Med Rooms agency wide. I offer my co-workers the respect they deserve and am willing to assist them in anyway they might need. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay in the supported role. As human beings, we have a tendency of trying to fix things. With consumers who have mental health issues, they must come to that "Light Bulb" moment on their own terms and in their own time. I try to continue to support them while using Trauma Informed Care techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that "Light Bulb" moment when everything seems to come together for the consumer and they finally understand what has happened to them, acknowledge what has happened to them and why it continues to happen to them and when they finally get to the point with they have the coping skills to move forward to a more independent living arrangement.
Pros
seeing that "light bulb" moment and knowing that i have made a difference in someones life.
Cons
short breaks, sadness when i see a consumer continue to struggle with their mental health issue.
Internship
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 5, 2015
This was an internship for me, and I enjoyed my experience there. I also enjoyed the set hours that I had at the internship and the team there treated me with respect and guided me to be a better phlebotomist while I was there.
monitoring substance abuse inpatients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The company claims to take care of their employees first but that wasn't the case at all. They are inconsistency in treating all employees the same across the board. To many leads had favorites and it showed in the shift work.
Pros
they pay for some benefits
Cons
inconsistent in treating all employees the same
Productivity
Environmental Service Director (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Was able to build a culture of hard working individuals that had one goal. Upper management allowed me to grow and build the team the way I felt necessary. This all allowed me to over achieve every single goal that was given to me.
Very stressfull place to work
Associate Director of Facility Operations (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHFebruary 4, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times. I held several supervisory positions with the company. Leadership at the administration level was always changing. They fail to create a safe work setting for the employees.
Pros
free phone, lunch was $2.00
Cons
poor health car options, no match for 401k, unsafe for staff, poor management at the director postions. poor adminstrative leadership
over worked and under staffed treated like cattle same as patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Every two days had a new sheet up with our numbers up of how many draws we had per hour and if you did not have 4 per hour you got wrote up. Every time that you went to management about different issues nothing was done about it, there was favoritism by management for select persons. Some would bust our butts and follow all the rules, but yet we were the ones that ended up in the office. Would not recommend anyone to work at that company.
Pros
the pay check
Cons
stress
stay away!
RN (Former Employee) –  lakeview centerFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst experience of my life. I got hit or attacked every shift! The management is focused on protecting them selfs legally with no regaurd to employees. I was scared every shift!!
Cons
unsafe work conditions and unfair practices!!
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Everyone I worked with from ym co workers, to my boss to the doctors are all amazing and caring people.
Easy going, nice paced phone answering office.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed answering phones and scheduling peoples appointments. It was challenging to deal with insurance companies but once i learned the ropes it became an easy part of my day. The girls I worked with were fun to work with and very helpful when needed. The management was more of a challenge due to the continual changes that they put in place, it made it difficult to feel up with the responsibilities but than again my co-workers were very helpful in aiding me in filling those gaps.
NOT THE BEST WORK PLACE
Addiction recovery LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 22, 2014
Over worked nurses, no support for staff, to omuch micromanaging. Poor benefits and poor pay. HIGH TURN OVER RATE AND TERRIBLE DON
Pros
helping the patients
Cons
pay, advancement, respect, support
Productive and fun place to work
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIDecember 3, 2014
Lakeview hospital center is an long term acute care and also provides outpatient services to those that apply. Patients at this facility frequently have multiple diagnoses which results in a complex case. A typical day at Lakeview would include seeing about 6-8 patients. Common diagnoses seen at this facility include but are not limited to: CVA, TBI, respiratory failure/distress, and anoxic brain injury. This facility has hand-written documentation. Documentation for patients receiving long term acute care was fairly simple in that therapists were required to complete daily notes. If any other documentation was required, the patient's case manager would consult with the therapist. Documentation for outpatient therapy services was dependent on the patient's insurance, however, it typically required a monthly review in addition to daily notes. The therapy team worked together to provide excellent patient care and therapy services.
its was interesting
Cna (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 17, 2014
the hardest part of the job was all the unnecessary rule change when they switched DON
Pros
that i got to make a difference in the care i gave my residences
Cons
the employers need to be changed
Great learning environment
Orthopedic Traction Tech (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 16, 2014
I worked closely with PT and OT in many areas of the hospital which lead to many learning experiences in healthcare. Management recognized my talents in organization and allowed me to be proactive in preparing for the day. I enjoyed having the opportunity to work in different areas of the facility on and off campus each day.
Pros
diverse learning experiences
Big Company, Great Benefits, Not so great Culture
Adult & Adolescent Therapist/On-Call Screener (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2014
If you are looking for job security and great benefits... this is the place for you. If you are looking to expand you skills and work around highly intelligenct and motivated people, go somewhere else! It's a place where people grow old and crusty.