LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER

LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Clinical
Functioning in the role of a LPN (Former Employee), ICU, OR, Med/Surg, ICU, Endo, One Day Surgery,April 4, 2014
Interacting with the patients was my favorite part of the experience.
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 27, 2014
I worked there for over 10 years and in that 10 years I moved up to various departments and no longer had anywhere to go and I needed to make more money.
Laid back, unstructured environment
Intern (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: always got free dinner when i was there at night
Cons: the house wasn't always the cleanest especially the kitchen and tables
As an intern I talked with residents, helped with daily living activities, cooking cleaning etc. I read case files, and talked with RC's about residents histories and stories. I learned about there documentation system where they have notes about each resident for each shift, and medication handout and labeling.
Providing quality care to patients. who are on the road to a healty recovery
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: my schedule
Cons: wages
Very busy, making sure patients are seen by medical every day
keeping up with filing, consults, putting in labs, answering the phones
ordering medical records, and providing excellent care to our patients

keeps staff inform of upcoming events by providing all staff meeting frequently

working as team members is vital to our entity

To see a patient – more... relapse

When a patient has finished their rehab and know that they have completed a journey can now focus on a better way of living and truly know the triggers that bought them to our facility. To encourage them while they are with us, as long as there is hope there is life. This is the most enjoyable part of my job is to give encouragement. – less
Good place to grow
Laboratory Quality Manager/Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee), Covington, LAJanuary 17, 2014
Lakeview is a nice place.
There is a teeam environment and a friendly atmosphere. A great place to learn and grow and team build with a beautiful campus.
Mental Health & Disabilities
Corporate Trainer / LMS Administrator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Wonderful work-life balance
Working w/mental health & disabled clients is very fullfilling
Professional co-workers
Knowledgable Management
productive workplace, fun employees
Ob/Gyn Receptionist (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: small company values
Cons: small company limited opportunity
it's all about the patients. from central registration to individual specialties your care is our commitment. I learned to be compassionate to others while serving needs. my co-workers work hard to compliment each other's in our task. we had fun and laughed often. the hardest part of my job was finding the time to spend with each patient and their need. – more... the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the smile on our patients face when we have accomplished their and our goals with a smile. – less
A great first job experience
Barista (Former Employee), Marysville, CADecember 23, 2013
Pros: free 16 oz drink
My first job. Was trained for about a week for day shifts and 2 months after I started working Graveyards. Coworkers made me feel like part of the team. I felt involved with my work. Had a Urban feel to it and the environment was wonderful. very busy. The hardest part would've been being by myself on a busy night where there was a concert close by. – more... The most enjoyable part of the day was when i had time to get to all the customers and maintain a clean work area. – less
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Psychiatric Technician / Behavior Technician II (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Great co-workers; working with the children is exciting and rewarding to know they are advancing in school.
Fast paced, professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Clifton, NJNovember 19, 2013
Pros: learning by hands on work. seeing children recover from short term illnesses.
Cons: contracting colds from sick children.
My time at Lakeview was a learning experince. I gained empathy and compassion for the infirmed children. I continued to learn each day and broaden my knowledge of a medical office.
nice place to work
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WISeptember 10, 2013
very nice place to work
wonderful people
part of Marshfield Clinic
dysfunctional management
Administrator (Current Employee), Effingham, NHAugust 25, 2013
Pros: few
Cons: many
Many excellent co-workers
Learned much regarding treatment of TB clients
Working with individuals in a community setting
Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee), Canandaigua NYAugust 14, 2013
My day consists of overseeing medications, meetings with residents and talking with providers.
Productive, multi-tasks to help out in different departments
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee, snacks, luches
Cons: short breaks, competitive field
Multi-tasks and constantly covering different departments within the company. I had learned many different skills.
Great place to use as a jumping off point.
REHAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYAugust 8, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, paid time off, and double time on holidays. there was always opportunities for overtime if you wanted it.
Cons: sometimes short staffing, stress, at the community residence if you were the only staff on you couldn't leave the property.
My typical day when I first started with Lakeview was to arrive at the community residence, and have a shift review with the other staff. Then to go out in the house and check in with the residence. Then to ensure that the ingredients for the dinner were available. I would also meet with my clients, I had 4 on my caseload. We would talk about different – more... goals they had on their service plans. Depending on the day I would assist the residence with packing their medications.

Later when I moved to the apartment program I would go out into the community and meet with the residence in apartments that were rented by Lakeview. This was the 2nd level of independence where staff would assist residents with continuing their goal of living on their own. Residents would come to the office to meet with staff to pack their medications. The rest of the interaction would be at their apartment or in the community. I had 6 to 7 residents on my caseload while at the apartment program level.

I learned how to write a billable note. The service plans were developed so that proof could be showed that residents were working on their independence. These bills were then submitted to medicaid for reimbursement for the agency. I also learned a lot about myself. I have a better understanding of mental illness as well as drug addiction.

For the most part management were really approachable. I never felt intimidated, or that my input was not valuable.

All my coworkers were all great to work with. They also taught me a lot. They were a great source of support. We would all help each other with writing billable notes when we had interactions with their residents.

The hardest part of of working at Lakeview was knowing what a resident wanted to do and not being able to tell them what to do. It is hard because you didn't want to watch them struggle with their illness, but they needed to make those connections for themselves.

The most enjoyable part of working with Lakeview was my interactions with the residents as well as my coworkers. I was also able to go on trips with residents to different places such as Mystic Connecticut. – less
Busy Pediatric Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJuly 18, 2013
Pros: time goes by fast
Cons: all walkins are welcome- it should be my appointments only unless patient is sick.
Answering high volume of phone calls a day, preparing patients chart, patient vital signs along with physical examination, take blood pressure and blood depending on which test will be done for that patient. Assist the physician with infant vaccines and physical examinations.
Busy, family oriented place
Education & Sponsorship Coordinator (Current Employee), Covington, LAJuly 17, 2013
As a non clinician I assist those that work with patients. I enjoy what I do here. I schedule, assign, teach, assist, advertise, maintain, develop, coordinate, and so much more.
One of the best places around.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orange Grove, MSMay 8, 2013
Pros: clean, staffed and nurses are competent.
Cons: management not the most professional.
The care of the resident is paramount in the establishment.
Overall Pleasant Place to Work
IT Technician (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAApril 17, 2013
Lakeview Medical Center is a pleasant place to work. It has a small family type atmosphere.
hostile work enviroment
Scheduler (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTApril 15, 2013
Pros: good bennefits, good pay
Cons: poor managment, hostile and disorganized work enviroment
corporation offers good pay and benefits, but watch your back and be repaired to work for every dollar you make. Be prepared for drama and politics it is ingrained in the company throughout.

1 2 3