Lakeview Medical Center

Lakeview Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Very poor leadership sets negative tone for entire organization.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 17, 2016
This would be a great place to work if the leaders were ethical, professional and understood how to lead. However, they do not. The employees stay for many years because the area is economically depressed, so jobs are hard to find. Don't waste your time here, you can add more value somewhere else.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Poor leadership
Horrible place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2012
Poor place to start a career unless you only want a paycheck and have no values. Here are the reasons why:

Poor management
No support from management
YOU get in trouble if patients decide to leave AMA
Private organization that treats cash clients differently than those there on insurance
You will constantly hear how the call center "lied" to the patient telling them things exist at the center that in fact, do not.
The "GLBTQ" program they claim to have only exists as one small group with one therapist.
My values were constantly challenged because I felt that management didn't truly care for clients but cared more for the bottom line...the money.
Long term staff is almost non-existent.
If you are on salary you will work no less than 50 hours a week.
Pros
centrally located.
Cons
micromanaging, high staff turnover rate, long hours, constant stress
Very stressfull place to work
Associate Director of Facility Operations (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHFebruary 4, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times. I held several supervisory positions with the company. Leadership at the administration level was always changing. They fail to create a safe work setting for the employees.
Pros
free phone, lunch was $2.00
Cons
poor health car options, no match for 401k, unsafe for staff, poor management at the director postions. poor adminstrative leadership
Company with great time work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 6, 2012
I worked as the only Phlebotomist on the evening shift. My shift was 7 on 7 off 10 hour days. I worked with two wonderful Medical Techs who supported and helped out when ever I was overwhelmed, which happened a few times during our shift. We were very busy, which I enjoyed very much. But the hospital works well together and I was able to keep up with the work load. I never left draws uncollected, I never left work on the pending list. All work was completed for the one and only Phlebotomist on the night shift. I always left knowing I did a job well done and was praised for my hard work.
Pros
great team work
Cons
only phlebotomist and 7 on 7 off shifts
Productivity
Environmental Service Director (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Was able to build a culture of hard working individuals that had one goal. Upper management allowed me to grow and build the team the way I felt necessary. This all allowed me to over achieve every single goal that was given to me.
It was hard work but I found it fafilling.
Resident Assistant / School Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIJanuary 29, 2013
Employees there are great to work with, management changes constantly creating new rules all the time, the hardest part of the job is you have to be quick and be on your toes at all times while there because patients tend to get physical.
Pros
flexable scheduls, residents are great
Cons
low pay, when i passed my boards management said there not hiring any lpns any longer, pay is low, benifits are not good either
Big Company, Great Benefits, Not so great Culture
Adult & Adolescent Therapist/On-Call Screener (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2014
If you are looking for job security and great benefits... this is the place for you. If you are looking to expand you skills and work around highly intelligenct and motivated people, go somewhere else! It's a place where people grow old and crusty.
Not the best work place
Addiction recovery LPN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 22, 2014
Over worked nurses, no support for staff, to omuch micromanaging. Poor benefits and poor pay. HIGH TURN OVER RATE AND TERRIBLE DON
Pros
helping the patients
Cons
pay, advancement, respect, support
over worked and under staffed treated like cattle same as patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Every two days had a new sheet up with our numbers up of how many draws we had per hour and if you did not have 4 per hour you got wrote up. Every time that you went to management about different issues nothing was done about it, there was favoritism by management for select persons. Some would bust our butts and follow all the rules, but yet we were the ones that ended up in the office. Would not recommend anyone to work at that company.
Pros
the pay check
Cons
stress
Easy going, nice paced phone answering office.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed answering phones and scheduling peoples appointments. It was challenging to deal with insurance companies but once i learned the ropes it became an easy part of my day. The girls I worked with were fun to work with and very helpful when needed. The management was more of a challenge due to the continual changes that they put in place, it made it difficult to feel up with the responsibilities but than again my co-workers were very helpful in aiding me in filling those gaps.
hostile work enviroment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTApril 15, 2013
corporation offers good pay and benefits, but watch your back and be repaired to work for every dollar you make. Be prepared for drama and politics it is ingrained in the company throughout.
Pros
good bennefits, good pay
Cons
poor managment, hostile and disorganized work enviroment
Lakeview Mental Health
Supportive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 5, 2012
Great place to work. Everyone here works effectively as a team, and believes in/values recovery in the individuals that they serve.
Pros
great learning environment; alot of career advancement opportunities
Cons
salary income
Challenging clients, enjoyable work experience
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Salem, WIOctober 28, 2012
A typical day would include physical and behavioral assessments, administration of medication, supervising CNA staff, doctor's rounds. I very much enjoyed working with clients with mental illness, got along very well with them as well as coworkers and client families. I learned a great deal about approaches to behaviors and became very skilled at dealing with those kinds of issues. I did, however, eventually experience burnout with this. I have worked at Lakeview 3 different times as a nurse for a period of 3 years each time, eventually needing to take a break and do something else for awhile.
Pros
very close to home, great benefits
Cons
burnout
Outstanding Place to Work
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 2, 2015
Lakeview is a fantastic place to work. Extremely professional staff. Leadership was extremely knowledgeable and created a rewarding place of employment.
Pros
professional enviorment
Cons
salary compensation could be more in-line with hospital pay in the twin cities
monitoring substance abuse inpatients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The company claims to take care of their employees first but that wasn't the case at all. They are inconsistency in treating all employees the same across the board. To many leads had favorites and it showed in the shift work.
Pros
they pay for some benefits
Cons
inconsistent in treating all employees the same
productive workplace, fun employees
Ob/Gyn Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 4, 2014
it's all about the patients. from central registration to individual specialties your care is our commitment. I learned to be compassionate to others while serving needs. my co-workers work hard to compliment each other's in our task. we had fun and laughed often. the hardest part of my job was finding the time to spend with each patient and their need. the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the smile on our patients face when we have accomplished their and our goals with a smile.
Pros
small company values
Cons
small company limited opportunity
Productive & nice place to work
o Customer service (Former Employee) –  Suffolk,VaMarch 31, 2015
Everyone friendly overall nice place to work. Company truly commited to the overall care of their patients. The employee benefits were excellent.
Pros
some free lunch
Cons
now owned by Bayview
Great place to work if you are in the right area.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 24, 2014
Management is not good in the Business Office. Most of the other areas seem happy.
Pros
inexpensive benefits
Cons
hard to get time off.
good place tp work
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALJune 2, 2014
good place to work
nice people
small community hospital
Moved back to PA
Pros
excellant salary and benefits
Cons
upper management
Mental Health & Disabilities
Corporate Trainer / LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Wonderful work-life balance
Working w/mental health & disabled clients is very fullfilling
Professional co-workers