LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER

LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

A great place to learn!
Family Services Counselor (Current Employee), Crestview, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: helping families
Cons: salary
Very supportive team, works alongside DCF and allows counselors to gain more insight on working with families and building rapport.
Exciting position, not the same ole same ole day in and day out.
Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee), Geneva, NYFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: seeing that "light bulb" moment and knowing that i have made a difference in someones life.
Cons: short breaks, sadness when i see a consumer continue to struggle with their mental health issue.
My typical day at work is reviewing documentation from my co-workers on the consumers of the program first thing in the morning, then I meet with the consumers in their residence or at the office. I assist the consumers with meeting the objectives listed on their service plan. We assist our consumers with maintaining stability with their mental health issues and with their drug and alcohol use. A majority of our consumers have dual diagnoses. I assist our consumers with developing coping skills and learning about their mental health symptoms and triggers. I offer support to my co-workers when it comes to the medication portion of the job. I am a Med Trainer and have successful created policies, procedures and forms to be used in our Med Rooms agency wide. I offer my co-workers the respect they deserve and am willing to assist them in anyway they might need. The hardest part of my job is trying to stay in the supported role. As human beings, we have a tendency of trying to fix things. With consumers who have mental health issues, they must come to that "Light Bulb" moment on their own terms and in their own time. I try to continue to support them while using Trauma Informed Care techniques. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing that "Light Bulb" moment when everything seems to come together for the consumer and they finally understand what has happened to them, acknowledge what has happened to them and why it continues to happen to them and when they finally get to the point with they have the coping skills to move forward to a more independent living arrangement.
Internship
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Niles, MIFebruary 5, 2015
This was an internship for me, and I enjoyed my experience there. I also enjoyed the set hours that I had at the internship and the team there treated me with respect and guided me to be a better phlebotomist while I was there.
monitoring substance abuse inpatients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: they pay for some benefits
Cons: inconsistent in treating all employees the same
The company claims to take care of their employees first but that wasn't the case at all. They are inconsistency in treating all employees the same across the board. To many leads had favorites and it showed in the shift work.
Productivity
Environmental Service Director (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Was able to build a culture of hard working individuals that had one goal. Upper management allowed me to grow and build the team the way I felt necessary. This all allowed me to over achieve every single goal that was given to me.
Very stressfull place to work
Associate Director of Facility Operations (Former Employee), Effingham, NHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free phone, lunch was $2.00
Cons: poor health car options, no match for 401k, unsafe for staff, poor management at the director postions. poor adminstrative leadership
Work environment was hostile at times. I held several supervisory positions with the company. Leadership at the administration level was always changing. They fail to create a safe work setting for the employees.
over worked and under staffed treated like cattle same as patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: the pay check
Cons: stress
Every two days had a new sheet up with our numbers up of how many draws we had per hour and if you did not have 4 per hour you got wrote up. Every time that you went to management about different issues nothing was done about it, there was favoritism by management for select persons. Some would bust our butts and follow all the rules, but yet we were the ones that ended up in the office. Would not recommend anyone to work at that company.
stay away!
RN (Former Employee), lakeview centerFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: unsafe work conditions and unfair practices!!
This was the worst experience of my life. I got hit or attacked every shift! The management is focused on protecting them selfs legally with no regaurd to employees. I was scared every shift!!
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Assistant (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Everyone I worked with from ym co workers, to my boss to the doctors are all amazing and caring people.
Easy going, nice paced phone answering office.
Scheduler (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed answering phones and scheduling peoples appointments. It was challenging to deal with insurance companies but once i learned the ropes it became an easy part of my day. The girls I worked with were fun to work with and very helpful when needed. The management was more of a challenge due to the continual changes that they put in place, it made it difficult to feel up with the responsibilities but than again my co-workers were very helpful in aiding me in filling those gaps.
NOT THE BEST WORK PLACE
Addiction recovery LPN (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 22, 2014
Pros: helping the patients
Cons: pay, advancement, respect, support
Over worked nurses, no support for staff, to omuch micromanaging. Poor benefits and poor pay. HIGH TURN OVER RATE AND TERRIBLE DON
Productive and fun place to work
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee), Waterford, WIDecember 3, 2014
Lakeview hospital center is an long term acute care and also provides outpatient services to those that apply. Patients at this facility frequently have multiple diagnoses which results in a complex case. A typical day at Lakeview would include seeing about 6-8 patients. Common diagnoses seen at this facility include but are not limited to: CVA, TBI, respiratory failure/distress, and anoxic brain injury. This facility has hand-written documentation. Documentation for patients receiving long term acute care was fairly simple in that therapists were required to complete daily notes. If any other documentation was required, the patient's case manager would consult with the therapist. Documentation for outpatient therapy services was dependent on the patient's insurance, however, it typically required a monthly review in addition to daily notes. The therapy team worked together to provide excellent patient care and therapy services.
its was interesting
Cna (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 17, 2014
Pros: that i got to make a difference in the care i gave my residences
Cons: the employers need to be changed
the hardest part of the job was all the unnecessary rule change when they switched DON
Great learning environment
Orthopedic Traction Tech (Former Employee), Covington, LAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: diverse learning experiences
I worked closely with PT and OT in many areas of the hospital which lead to many learning experiences in healthcare. Management recognized my talents in organization and allowed me to be proactive in preparing for the day. I enjoyed having the opportunity to work in different areas of the facility on and off campus each day.
Big Company, Great Benefits, Not so great Culture
Adult & Adolescent Therapist/On-Call Screener (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2014
If you are looking for job security and great benefits... this is the place for you. If you are looking to expand you skills and work around highly intelligenct and motivated people, go somewhere else! It's a place where people grow old and crusty.
Disorganized, unsafe, no support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Milton, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Upper management is not supportive of unit staff and makes decisions that place staff and patients at risk. Psycho-social dept attempts to dictate and/or overrule nursing decisions. Daily staff shortage without relief. Nursing staff has no input into unit policies.
Relief work; worked PRN
Relief Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: extra hours, supplementing my primary job, while raising a family.
Cons: inconsistent work basis.
Mental health facility.
Having worked PRN in a mental health facility once before through an agency while working FT, I was able to use skill and knowledge, previously acquired.
Great environment and People
Emeritus (Current Employee), Groveport, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: hours
Nursing LPN
Objective and Subjective Assessments
 Medication Administration
 Intravenous and piggyback insertion/ setup
 Foley catheter care and insertion
 Tracheotomy care and suctioning
 Wound care and dressing
 NG insertion and placement
 Vital signs and ADL
 Therapeutic communication
 Collection and knowledge of specimens
 Intramuscular, Subcutaneous, and TB injections
Nice hidden hospital
Psych Tech/Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTSeptember 3, 2014
I thought the place that I am at currently was going to be better as far as my coworkers, but Lakeview was top notch. My coworkers were great there!
This hospital is great
Medical Psych Tech/ Clerk (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTJuly 28, 2014
I actually was hired at this hospital first and was trained by the best. I was treated so well and had such a great team to work with. There was not too much that was hard because we had great staff! I would work here in a heartbeat if I moved back.

1 2 3 4

About LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER

Lakeview Hospital is a 128-bed community hospital located in Bountiful, UT, and dedicated to providing the quality of healthcare – Read more

LAKEVIEW MEDICAL CENTER Salaries