Lakeview Medical Center

Lakeview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very poor leadership sets negative tone for entire organization.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 17, 2016
This would be a great place to work if the leaders were ethical, professional and understood how to lead. However, they do not. The employees stay for many years because the area is economically depressed, so jobs are hard to find. Don't waste your time here, you can add more value somewhere else.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Poor leadership
Exciting place to work it is multi Practice with various departments
Medical Assistant OB/GYN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 12, 2015
A good place to work and exercise your clinical skills, fast pace environment. A clean work place were you can be proud to come to work daily. You can meet new people each day and share you experiences.
Pros
meet Pharmaceutical Rep and learn of new medications
Cons
heavy work load
over worked and under staffed treated like cattle same as patients
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 3, 2015
Every two days had a new sheet up with our numbers up of how many draws we had per hour and if you did not have 4 per hour you got wrote up. Every time that you went to management about different issues nothing was done about it, there was favoritism by management for select persons. Some would bust our butts and follow all the rules, but yet we were the ones that ended up in the office. Would not recommend anyone to work at that company.
Pros
The pay Check
Cons
STRESS
Very stressfull place to work
Associate Director of Facility Operations (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHFebruary 4, 2015
Work environment was hostile at times. I held several supervisory positions with the company. Leadership at the administration level was always changing. They fail to create a safe work setting for the employees.
Pros
Free phone, Lunch was $2.00
Cons
Poor health car options, No match for 401K, Unsafe for staff, Poor management at the Director postions. Poor adminstrative leadership
Easy going, nice paced phone answering office.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed answering phones and scheduling peoples appointments. It was challenging to deal with insurance companies but once i learned the ropes it became an easy part of my day. The girls I worked with were fun to work with and very helpful when needed. The management was more of a challenge due to the continual changes that they put in place, it made it difficult to feel up with the responsibilities but than again my co-workers were very helpful in aiding me in filling those gaps.
Health care work enviroment
In Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work starts with getting client up for work/day program, administer medication, preparing all meals also redirecting daily life skills.
The hardest part of this job is when a client refuse to take medication or have a mental break down then he has to be admitted to stress center.
The most enjoyable part of this job is when I get to see the client making progress in daily life skills also when I take them out in the community to events and they really enjoy it.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
No benefits
Laid back, unstructured environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 24, 2014
As an intern I talked with residents, helped with daily living activities, cooking cleaning etc. I read case files, and talked with RC's about residents histories and stories. I learned about there documentation system where they have notes about each resident for each shift, and medication handout and labeling.
Pros
Always got free dinner when I was there at night
Cons
The house wasn't always the cleanest especially the kitchen and tables
A great first job experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CADecember 23, 2013
My first job. Was trained for about a week for day shifts and 2 months after I started working Graveyards. Coworkers made me feel like part of the team. I felt involved with my work. Had a Urban feel to it and the environment was wonderful. very busy. The hardest part would've been being by myself on a busy night where there was a concert close by. The most enjoyable part of the day was when i had time to get to all the customers and maintain a clean work area.
Pros
free 16 oz drink
productive workplace, fun employees
Ob/Gyn Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 4, 2014
it's all about the patients. from central registration to individual specialties your care is our commitment. I learned to be compassionate to others while serving needs. my co-workers work hard to compliment each other's in our task. we had fun and laughed often. the hardest part of my job was finding the time to spend with each patient and their need. the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the smile on our patients face when we have accomplished their and our goals with a smile.
Pros
small company values
Cons
small company limited opportunity
Challenging clients, enjoyable work experience
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Salem, WIOctober 28, 2012
A typical day would include physical and behavioral assessments, administration of medication, supervising CNA staff, doctor's rounds. I very much enjoyed working with clients with mental illness, got along very well with them as well as coworkers and client families. I learned a great deal about approaches to behaviors and became very skilled at dealing with those kinds of issues. I did, however, eventually experience burnout with this. I have worked at Lakeview 3 different times as a nurse for a period of 3 years each time, eventually needing to take a break and do something else for awhile.
Pros
very close to home, great benefits
Cons
burnout
Company with great time work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 6, 2012
I worked as the only Phlebotomist on the evening shift. My shift was 7 on 7 off 10 hour days. I worked with two wonderful Medical Techs who supported and helped out when ever I was overwhelmed, which happened a few times during our shift. We were very busy, which I enjoyed very much. But the hospital works well together and I was able to keep up with the work load. I never left draws uncollected, I never left work on the pending list. All work was completed for the one and only Phlebotomist on the night shift. I always left knowing I did a job well done and was praised for my hard work.
Pros
great team work
Cons
only phlebotomist and 7 on 7 off shifts
Review
Auto Mechanic Oct (Former Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYAugust 7, 2012
My day began at 8.00 A.M Mondays- Saturdays. My job entailed removing damaged transmission and replacing rebuilt ones. Sometimes Idid jobs such as changing oil,replacing breaks and test driving cars. This was a small garage in which management and employees work together each day.I enjoyed working with co-workers in problem solving. The hardest part of the job is working together to solve difficult problems.The hardest part of the job was pulling parts in orde to drop out the transmission.
Medical/Surgical Rotation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJanuary 22, 2013
This was a wonderful rotation. During this rotation, as students, we were able to observe in the Emergency Department Care Management and the Intensive Care Unit. Also, besides these observation areas, we were able to directly care for Medical/Surgical patients. Finally, we each also got to experience being a nurse manager for our group, this included helping chose patients for fellow students, helping them out when they needed it and making sure that they were doing everything that they needed to do for that shift.
Co-workers were great
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 1, 2013
I felt very humble working with elderly dementia and alzheimers patients.I was very motivated to make their days full of happiness. my co-workers were a special bunch of people,very compassionate and helpful.It takes a special person to work in a nursing home. The hardest thing about my job was bonding with a resident and then see them pass away.
Pros
great people to work with. full-filling job, knowing i helped people.
Cons
residents i cared for passing away. low pay and no benefits.
It was hard work but I found it fafilling.
Resident Assistant / School Aide (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIJanuary 29, 2013
Employees there are great to work with, management changes constantly creating new rules all the time, the hardest part of the job is you have to be quick and be on your toes at all times while there because patients tend to get physical.
Pros
flexable scheduls, residents are great
Cons
low pay, when i passed my boards management said there not hiring any lpns any longer, pay is low, benifits are not good either
Great environment and People
Emeritus (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Nursing LPN
Objective and Subjective Assessments
 Medication Administration
 Intravenous and piggyback insertion/ setup
 Foley catheter care and insertion
 Tracheotomy care and suctioning
 Wound care and dressing
 NG insertion and placement
 Vital signs and ADL
 Therapeutic communication
 Collection and knowledge of specimens
 Intramuscular, Subcutaneous, and TB injections
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours
Difficult job due to the type of clients on my case load.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Effingham, NHJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day would be running around the campus, never having enough time to fit everything in my day. Attending meetings, writing contact notes, interacting with clients and direct care staff. Evening hours in the residence at least 2-3 times per week. What I learned is that it's difficult to measure if/when the client is actually making progress due to their significant disabilities. My co-workers were great, however, shortly after I started this job, my supervisor changed and she was very challenging for me. The hardest part of my job was the distance of 75 miles one way from my home. The most enjoyable part of my job was the positive relationships I gained with co-workers, families and gurdians of the clients.
Providing quality care to patients. who are on the road to a healty recovery
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Very busy, making sure patients are seen by medical every day
keeping up with filing, consults, putting in labs, answering the phones
ordering medical records, and providing excellent care to our patients

keeps staff inform of upcoming events by providing all staff meeting frequently

working as team members is vital to our entity

To see a patient relapse

When a patient has finished their rehab and know that they have completed a journey can now focus on a better way of living and truly know the triggers that bought them to our facility. To encourage them while they are with us, as long as there is hope there is life. This is the most enjoyable part of my job is to give encouragement.
Pros
my schedule
Cons
wages
Great learning environment
Orthopedic Traction Tech (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 16, 2014
I worked closely with PT and OT in many areas of the hospital which lead to many learning experiences in healthcare. Management recognized my talents in organization and allowed me to be proactive in preparing for the day. I enjoyed having the opportunity to work in different areas of the facility on and off campus each day.
Pros
Diverse learning experiences
Busy Pediatric Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 18, 2013
Answering high volume of phone calls a day, preparing patients chart, patient vital signs along with physical examination, take blood pressure and blood depending on which test will be done for that patient. Assist the physician with infant vaccines and physical examinations.
Pros
time goes by fast
Cons
all walkins are welcome- it should be my appointments only unless patient is sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.