Lakeview Medical Center

Lakeview Medical Center Employee Reviews

monitoring substance abuse inpatients
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2015
The company claims to take care of their employees first but that wasn't the case at all. They are inconsistency in treating all employees the same across the board. To many leads had favorites and it showed in the shift work.
Pros
they pay for some benefits
Cons
inconsistent in treating all employees the same
Horrible place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2012
Poor place to start a career unless you only want a paycheck and have no values. Here are the reasons why:

Poor management
No support from management
YOU get in trouble if patients decide to leave AMA
Private organization that treats cash clients differently than those there on insurance
You will constantly hear how the call center "lied" to the patient telling them things exist at the center that in fact, do not.
The "GLBTQ" program they claim to have only exists as one small group with one therapist.
My values were constantly challenged because I felt that management didn't truly care for clients but cared more for the bottom line...the money.
Long term staff is almost non-existent.
If you are on salary you will work no less than 50 hours a week.
Pros
centrally located.
Cons
micromanaging, high staff turnover rate, long hours, constant stress
Fast paced, professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJNovember 19, 2013
My time at Lakeview was a learning experince. I gained empathy and compassion for the infirmed children. I continued to learn each day and broaden my knowledge of a medical office.
Pros
learning by hands on work. seeing children recover from short term illnesses.
Cons
contracting colds from sick children.
Big Company, Great Benefits, Not so great Culture
Adult & Adolescent Therapist/On-Call Screener (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2014
If you are looking for job security and great benefits... this is the place for you. If you are looking to expand you skills and work around highly intelligenct and motivated people, go somewhere else! It's a place where people grow old and crusty.
Great place to work over-all,
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 24, 2011
Lakeview is a great place to work, because most people try very hard to get along well with one another. The C.E.O. for the past few years is great. The only drawback is the slightly lower pay and less opportunities for education and job enrichment.
Pros
the people.
Cons
little opportunity for continuing education.
Outstanding Place to Work
Social Work Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMarch 2, 2015
Lakeview is a fantastic place to work. Extremely professional staff. Leadership was extremely knowledgeable and created a rewarding place of employment.
Pros
Professional Enviorment
Cons
Salary compensation could be more in-line with hospital pay in the Twin Cities
Disorganized, unsafe, no support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Upper management is not supportive of unit staff and makes decisions that place staff and patients at risk. Psycho-social dept attempts to dictate and/or overrule nursing decisions. Daily staff shortage without relief. Nursing staff has no input into unit policies.
Relief work; worked PRN
Relief Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Mental health facility.
Having worked PRN in a mental health facility once before through an agency while working FT, I was able to use skill and knowledge, previously acquired.
Pros
Extra hours, supplementing my primary job, while raising a family.
Cons
Inconsistent work basis.
hostile work enviroment
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTApril 15, 2013
corporation offers good pay and benefits, but watch your back and be repaired to work for every dollar you make. Be prepared for drama and politics it is ingrained in the company throughout.
Pros
good bennefits, good pay
Cons
poor managment, hostile and disorganized work enviroment
CIRCLE Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 14, 2011
Lakeview has a culture of valuing its workers and providing a lot of opportunities for down time and networking within the company. I loved working there.
Pros
the meetings and trainings all came with free food
Cons
the meetings and trainings all came with free food
staff lounge there is a tv that works sometimes
Cook,Baker, supervisor, manager (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, MNMay 20, 2012
The hardest part of my job is lifting up to 75 pounds. I enjoy working with coworkers. Most enjoyable part are the residents and serving them quality meals.
Pros
double pay if you work a holiday
Cons
no chance of advancement
Productivity
Environmental Service Director (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2015
Was able to build a culture of hard working individuals that had one goal. Upper management allowed me to grow and build the team the way I felt necessary. This all allowed me to over achieve every single goal that was given to me.
This hospital is great
Medical Psych Tech/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJuly 28, 2014
I actually was hired at this hospital first and was trained by the best. I was treated so well and had such a great team to work with. There was not too much that was hard because we had great staff! I would work here in a heartbeat if I moved back.
Fast pace and Family oriented workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
A typical day at Lakeview would be considered busy due to the amount of residents and staff in the building. For the most part the staff is nice, but you will always have co-workers that makes things hard for you.
Productive and fun place to work
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIDecember 3, 2014
Lakeview hospital center is an long term acute care and also provides outpatient services to those that apply. Patients at this facility frequently have multiple diagnoses which results in a complex case. A typical day at Lakeview would include seeing about 6-8 patients. Common diagnoses seen at this facility include but are not limited to: CVA, TBI, respiratory failure/distress, and anoxic brain injury. This facility has hand-written documentation. Documentation for patients receiving long term acute care was fairly simple in that therapists were required to complete daily notes. If any other documentation was required, the patient's case manager would consult with the therapist. Documentation for outpatient therapy services was dependent on the patient's insurance, however, it typically required a monthly review in addition to daily notes. The therapy team worked together to provide excellent patient care and therapy services.
I like working at lakeview
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 1, 2015
I like working at Lakeview regional medical center but I am prn and hours are slim. I would like a full-time position but there isn't one available. The employees there are nice and easy to get along with.
Lakeview Mental Health
Supportive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 5, 2012
Great place to work. Everyone here works effectively as a team, and believes in/values recovery in the individuals that they serve.
Pros
great learning environment; alot of career advancement opportunities
Cons
salary income
Well run
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 17, 2013
Interaction with those who have mental illnesses ranging from autism to paranoid schizophrenia, I loved helping them with everyday activities such as cooking and cleaning. Favorite part of the day was being able to sit down and talk to each resident
Had the opportunity to work with nurses in a small setting with each nurse working as a team member.
Charge nurse/staff nurse on a forty (Former Employee) –  CovingtonMay 26, 2014
Enjoyed working in the small setting. A typical day was fast paced but not over whelming.
Pros
co-workers were great.
Cons
none that stand out
stay away!
RN (Former Employee) –  lakeview centerFebruary 2, 2015
This was the worst experience of my life. I got hit or attacked every shift! The management is focused on protecting them selfs legally with no regaurd to employees. I was scared every shift!!
Pros
Cons
unsafe work conditions and unfair practices!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lakeview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.