Lakeville Motor Express Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
very productive atmosphere
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 10, 2013
A typical night, ariving at work thirty minutes early to pretrip my truck and trailer. Fill out all proper paper work and forms needed to complete my night at work. Checking with the office to see if anything has changed from the night before. Preparing my logs to DOT standards. The hardest part of my job was driving the same route night after night although i did enjoy it, but sometimes it gets hard. I enjoyed conversation's with my co-workers when there was time to talk. I also loved loading and unloading trailer's in my spare time at work.
Pros
good equpiment
Cons
gone every night during the week
Poor employer
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 22, 2012
Lakeville could not keep up with the times. They failed ,in all areas of customer service, and employee satisfaction. They changed owners in 11 months and deleted many employee benefits. Their pricing input was 16 pages long and very difficult to follow and comprehand. It was repetitive.
Pros
good pay and great promises.
Cons
zero customer service or follow-up on claims.
Fun to work with the drivers
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 2, 2014
I come in and get all the paperwork ready for all the drivers so they can get going on their routes for the day. I call customers to set up delivery appointments and help with dispatching throughout the day. I help find lost freight, I do morning reports, hand out mail, email third parties for authorizations for extra charges, call for rescheduling of pickups that were missed for the day and have them rolled over to the next day. I've learned a lot about time management, making the most of every minute, accomplishing more than I thought possible. The management is easy to talk to about any concerns or questions that I may have. The hardest part of my job is dispatching, trying to learn all the routes and the drivers preferences. The best part of my job is talking with the drivers and helping customers.
Pros
fun to work with the drivers
Cons
very busy, no time for breaks and rarely lunches
Great place to build a career
Dockworker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 2, 2012
Teamwork based work environment and great communication made this a great place to work. Fast paced and orderly

2.6