Seeking a motivated, passionate team member with strong customer service skills. If you love new and exciting foods, Lakewinds deli is the place for you. We are a member-owned cooperative that provides the highest quality natural and organic products at a good value. We serve all of our customers with a smile and respond with appropriate urgency. Our goal is to teach you more about the products and food we offer to grow sales and create excitement throughout the department. Our department environment loves to nurture and empower our staff to make smart and sound decisions. We encourage you to apply if you get excited about natural and organic foods.
Deli staff must be able to work together as a team and be able to work independently if needed. Maintaining a clean and safe environment for our staff and customers is a must. Following all health and safety procedures is required at all times. Strong communication skills with coworkers and customers is key to a successful department. Previous customer service related experience required. ServSafe certification a plus.
If this description fits you and your career path please apply at Lakewinds.com or come in person and fill out an application. We can’t wait to meet you.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to freely access all areas of the store including kitchen, offices, selling floor, stock areas, walk-in coolers and freezers
2. Ability to move, lift or handle merchandise throughout the store, generally weighing up to 50 pounds, for up to 8 hours per day
3. Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, coworkers and customers
4. Ability to read, write and do basic math skills accurately to complete necessary documentation
5. Ability to work varied hours and days.
6. Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, squat and walk for up to 8 hours per day
7. Ability to work in various cold and hot temperatures, high humidity environment for extended periods of time
8. Ability to operate equipment such as: rotisserie, Robot Coupe, food processor, bread slicer, shrink wrap machine, streamer, manual and/or electric scales, recalibrate and read thermometers, wood burning oven, convection oven, stove, knives and commercial dishwasher.
9. Must be at least 18 years of age.