Lakewood Church Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed area to work in. Not too many problems.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2015
Everyone working with a great attitude, all having the same goals. Learned how to settle and keep calm during extremely busy times.
Love volunteering here!
Usher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Lakewood Church is AN AMAZING place to volunteer. The staff is SO WELCOMING and this experience is truly my savings grace during the week. I don't ever see myself leaving Lakewood.
The Best
Volunteer Musician (Current Employee) –  Houston ChurchAugust 12, 2015
I really enjoy my time at Lakewood Church. They are super chill and productive. They really bring out the best in one another, There's no other place like Lakewood.
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Positive enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Lakewood is a wonderful place to work with quality people from all walks of life. I highly recommend it as a place to work and get connected.
Pros
encouraging
Best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Great management and staff. Positive and encouraging atmosphere. Fun place to work with great benefits. Lots of team building exercises and over all great.
Very professional and friendly enviroment to work in plus excellent benefits!
Wedding Director /LCM staff member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
I will always cherish my years of service at Lakewood Church, the 17 years of volunteerism and the 10 years as full-time paid staff with great benefits. The best benefits were the quality people on staff and the volunteers. There is much place for creative minds and skilled people with degrees with a heart to serve.
Lakewood Church cares about the individual.
They honored me and gave me a party for send off and a beautiful wrist watch for service from the children's ministry staff.
Lakewood Church is a great place to work!
Pros
quality people and a great honor to have worked under pastor john osteen and then his son, joel.
Cons
the vision for the children's ministry changed.
Very hands-on and quite informative
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 16, 2014
My typical day at work involved checking in with my supervisor for any assignments that i was required to attend to as well as giving feedback on the same assignment and keeping a log of all the assignments and projects i had executed as well as the time i had out in while executing the said work.

I learned how be self resourceful in times of great urgency and when work needed to be done.

The legal department as i came to realize is not pro "micro-managing" employees and thus there was great autonomy. However, i was expected to meet the supervisors expectations and surpass then. There was a lot of independence in task execution. I did meet the challenge.

At the time i joined Lakewood Church, there were no co-workers par-se and i was alone for most of my tenure.

The hardest part of the job was task execution especially with time constrains.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when i would actually execute the tasks assigned to me professionally and even get the feel of ownership in the successfully completed tasks.
Pros
personal advise from seniors, free lunch
Loved Working here
Daycare Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Working at lakewood was a refreshing experience, the staff is always up beat and freindly. the pay is not to bad as well as benefits.
Excellent Volunteer Experience
Children's Ministry Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2012
Great job! This job was fun and I loved volunteering with all the children. This job helped me establish great leadership skills and vast improvement with customer service. Also, this job allowed me to work with kids and people of all ages.

4.9