Lakewood Health System

Lakewood Health System Employer Reviews

Rewarding, quality workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Staples, MNJune 24, 2014
The Lakewood Care Center is a patient-centered facility that seeks to maintain dignity and maximum functioning of the elderly population and vulnerable adults of central Minnesota. Staff are friendly, kind, and helpful. Standards of care are high, but the team work found at this facility makes achievement of these standards possible.
Local CAH
Outpatient Manager (Former Employee), Staples, MNOctober 3, 2013
Pros: flexibility in my hours, advancement opportunities, customer service.
Cons: reduction in staffing hours..
Typically, I would check in with staff and see how things were going for the day and if they would need my assistance with patient care, so that I could plan accordingly. Then continue to work on my goals to improve workflow, hand off & transitions of care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement, patient safety culture assessment topics and quality measures.
I learned there are many aspects to running a business and though my passion is being an RN, I am thankful to have learned more of the business side.
My manager was a mentor, supportive, and able/willing to give me the feedback I needed in order to do my best to meet the needs of patients and the business.
My co-workers were team players who worked together to carry out the vision and mission of LHS.
The hardest part of my job was time to spend time with staff on a daily basis to create a culture of gratitude and support.
The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for patients and having them thank me when I felt thankful they let me care for them.
A GREAT place to work! And the relationships established along the way are irreplacable!
LPN (Current Employee), Staples, MNOctober 18, 2012
I love working for Lakewood! It's like a second family! Some days can be rough, but that's with any job. Lakewood is a highly rated facility that strives to provide 5 star care 100% of the time.
Great for working with the senior population.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Staples, MNOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great job for working with people.
Cons: work every other weekend.
Worked in a care center cooking and serving meals to the residents. Had to follow strict dietary menus and follow state guidelines for food service.