Lam Research Employee Reviews

Good work place culture
management is very focused
project oriented
world class manufacturing /engineering company
Leader in advanced semi-conductor technology
Pros
good workplace
Really great work enviroment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 16, 2017
Challenging workplace full of excellent employees and knowledgeable leads. Enjoyed the challenge of working in a clean room environment. Many different types of equipment to learn and operate on.
Pros
great work enviroment. Excellent coworkers
Cons
Long shifts. a lot of down time, poor managment
Great place to work.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 6, 2017
This by far has been one of the best places I've worked in. The management and company knows what it wants and its headed in the right direction. Offers stocks to its employees.
Solid place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 3, 2017
Fast paced, and they required a lot from their employees, but it was fair. The work had to be done right the first time, but allowances were made for errors.
Solid place to work
Inventory Specialist/ Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 1, 2017
A typical day at work is 8 to 5:30. Standard job that requires patience and hard work. Easy going tech engineers and business people make up the office population. Sometime we get treated with free food. Overall good experience.
Pros
Easy going people, Informative Management, Ascending Company
Cons
Plain and simple business environment, cubicles, Not very exciting
Challenging
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
My job morphed into being on the road over 80% of the time.
While I have enjoyed working here, as well as my coworkers, I would like to seek a position that has me home a bit more than my current position.
Pros
The people and the benefits
Cons
The amount of travel
Could be worse ...
Manufacturing Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 23, 2017
Caution not to get trapped in a sched you don't like. MFG hrs are 24/7 and fast-paced. Fun place to work tho, depending on your managers in your dept. Great stock options.
Pros
stocks, room for growth, job security
Cons
short lunches, funky schedule
This company has a Lot of room for improvement
Final Test Technician (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 18, 2017
This company has a work place Culture of extreme Narcosis among the upper management and lower employees.
We observed a High Rate of turn-overs.
There is also a great deal of poorly written documents and technical writing.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
They take advantage of their employees
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 10, 2017
They will have you train your replacement before laying you off. There are people there who have been on temporary employment with lam for over 8 years. You will spend your nights assembling hyper expensive machinery to allow this company to make billions in profit, and they will not even give you full time employment status in return. The work enviroment is extremely unprofessional, coworkers and managers were often hostile. I regret quitting my other job to work for LAM.
Good Work environment
Module Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 4, 2017
good overall company, past paced learning, long working hours, employees get incentives for doing good. management is approachable as they are former techs themselves and understand what you need to help you suceed.
Back to Engineering Basics
Materials Program Manager (MPM) for Conductor Etch (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 3, 2017
Unrealistic expectations, top-heavy, great deal of territory protection and nepotism, excessive use of outsourced and overseas materials with long-lead items; i.e an off-the-shelf circuit breaker outsourced to South Africa?!?!, poor supplier relationship management, many antiquated ways of managing materials data.
Pros
Good choice of food at reasonable prices in the cafeteria.
Cons
See above.
clean room
notifying supervisor (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 2, 2017
they suck the life out of you. make you work 7 days 12hr shifts and brake them up so there are 3 days on one check and 4 on the other. do not waste you time.
Great place to work they had cafeterias for lunch and snacks
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2017
Worked with a great bunch of people. Supported the VP of Operations and all the reported to him. Learned how to work with the PLM system and SAP. Management worked with employees to help advance their career or move to different departments. Wish it didn't have to end.
Great company to work for. Work schedule was ideal.
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 24, 2017
I worked as a Senior Field Service Engineer for Lam Research, but my work place was at an Intel Fabrication Facility in Hillsboro, OR. I loved my work schedule. I worked 12.5 hour shifts Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday. Basically 3 on, 3 off...4 on, 4 off. This schedule was to mirror the techs and engineers at the Intel facility. I loved my job. As a Field Service Engineer, I trained the Intel techs and engineers on the operation and PM's of Lam Research's "wafer etching" equipment. I was also responsible for the majority of the PM's of the equipment and I was also responsible for troubleshooting any issues that arose with the equipment. The interaction between myself and the Intel techs and engineers was a very valuable experience. The ability to work on my own to fix issues was great for my professional development. Lam actually cared about their employees and I always felt I was a major contributor to the success of the company.
Pros
Work Schedule, exposure to the high tech industry
Cons
Contract ran out
Good monetary rewards and benefits.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 21, 2017
If a department mistakenly hired an incompetent manager who played games by presenting fake data to mess around, that could cause company to lose valuable resources.
Pros
Good reward, good culture, challenging projects
Cons
some Game players messing around
High pressure
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 5, 2017
All it is about extracting maximum work. Most of the managers do not care about their direct reports. They try to extract as much work as possible. They hire and fire at their will.
Great place to learn and grow.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 4, 2017
Great place to learn and grow. This large matrixed company has many avenues of growth and promotion. Being an industry heavyweight, its benefits and compensation is competitive to its rivals.
Highly technical, leader in the semiconductor space
Director of Procurement/Supply Chain/NPI (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 29, 2017
Great, great! company to be a part of it.
Privilege to have work for the people I worked for during my tenure at this company.
Terrific tools to run the day-to-day business. Sophisticated and useful in performing your job
Culture is tough no no nonsense. Accountability and results is the mantra. It is great as these requirements are embraced by all.
Learning was a daily task, as there was so much that activity going on. This is typical in the semiconductor space, the market move at a very high pace.
Pros
Communications events, employee involvent
Challenging and relax environment.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 20, 2017
Very good place to work. Challenging assignments. Freedom to think out side the box. People and management are fully engaged in their assignments and aligned with each other.
Pros
Flexible Environment
Cons
N/a
God place to build your career
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 19, 2017
Lam is a great place to work at. People are friendly and are always willing to help and teach when needed. This is a good career builder for some one looking to get into the semiconductor industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval