Lam Research Employee Reviews

PLATFORM ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 3, 2016
People were very welcoming and friendly and always willing to answer any questions I had. I worked with a great group of people who taught me what it means to work on a team and how to collaborate with many different people.
Process engineers are overworked but that makes the job secure
Senior Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 24, 2016
Process engineering at LAM is a tough place to be due to poor work life balance. The culture is bad with lots of impromptu requests for weekend work apart from the long weekdays.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work life balance
Excellent client
Senior SAP Portal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 14, 2016
I have always received necessary support from other teams as and when needed. Very good team and client to work for.

Hardest challenge I faced is to migrate few complex components which were developed 10 years ago onto SAP Portal 7.4
Department activites
Product Change Analyst / ECO Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 30, 2015
To Whom it may concern:

My typical work day is very busy which makes my day fly by quickly management is very fair and my co-workers are great to work with and willing to help anyone for those who need assistants.

My enjoyable part of the job is the work and the people who represent their projects.
Pros
The people
Cons
healthcare
Productive and great place to work
Component Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 29, 2015
A great place to work, people are really nice
Learned more skills, great training
Management motivates employees to do better and encourages for every good job done
Pros
Nice people
Cons
na
Great company to work for unless you work in manufacturing.
Final Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 26, 2015
Its ok. You get to test PECVD tools without exposing yourself to any chemicals. They only use inert gas in the fab. There is poor morale and poor management in the manufacturing fab. The floor will run into problems over and over and over for years without engineering fixing it. They band-aid everything and just deal with it as it goes. Management seems to be getting better, but only time will tell. They like to say things will happen or change, but no one does anything about it.
Pros
Compressed work week
Cons
pay is pretty terrible for what it is.
A great place to work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2015
Doing internship at Lam is more of a work experience. I had tons of opportunities to learn and develop myself. My manager and co-workers are very supportive. My mentor walked me through almost every single espect of being a successful process development engineer. This experience is very valuable. I would like to recommend this company to those who are interested in.
Long hours be prepared to travel on short notice
Sabre Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 13, 2015
Long hours be prepared to travel on short notice. Training is typically OJT. Requires a lot guessing on company policies and procedures.
Productive and fun place to work
Remote Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2015
The most important part of what I have learned from working there- to be proactive about my skills and mindset regarding work. The coworkers were great to work with and always had a team spirit about their endeavors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new applications and processes.
Pros
This company is very big on training and on-going learning
Cons
none that I can recall
Lookin for job in LAM Research company
Customer Service and Manifacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  USA,EuropeOctober 21, 2015
Goog place work and good opportunity grow in knowleges and careers.
convenient operation by a manager and the performance of their duties.
Tim worker best atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is understand what is the problem.
to found correct problem .
The most enjoyable part of the job is decide the problem.
and to be with good communication with collegs/customer and manager,
Pros
short coffe time and discuss coming problem.
Cons
short breake, short communication with collegs
Nice place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 8, 2015
Lam's market-leading equipment and services for semiconductor manufacturing enable chipmakers to build smaller, faster, more powerful electronic devices.
a good place to work at
Executive Assistant - Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 5, 2015
This company offers great benefits and work life balance, fun place to work at with supportive management.

the enjoyable part was working alongside my colleagues.
Nice Company to work at
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 10, 2015
Excellent Indicators and good work culture. Worked in analysis of workflow processes and designing suitable automation test cases for them.
Love the work, despise the management.
Production Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 23, 2015
The company as a whole seems to have their things in order and treat employees well. Their Tualatin manufacturing facility is the exact opposite of that. They provide very little and wildly inconsistent training, direction, support and leadership. Many of the supervisors and managers are petty, cliquish, and divisive. There is almost no opportunity to advance ones self within the organization (without brown-nosing) and they prevent productive employees from transferring within the company. This is such a shame since I find the work itself to be challenging and rewarding.

As mentioned, the company as a whole seems very pleasant and capable. Employees are provided with a solid benefits package that has options to fit different situations. Lam definitely has the feel of a large corporation in regards to their HR/PR feel but most of the departments are small enough that they all have their own feel. I don't get the sense that I'm trapped in a big corporate machine, which is nice.
Pros
the work is interesting and challenging, benefits, cafeteria
Cons
abysmal management, politics
Great Benefits, but...
Production Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 23, 2015
The benefits here by being hired rather than temp are phenomenal. The only thing i disagree with is the management style that is incorporated here and is very high stress most of the time.
Good co-workers who are always willing to help.
Final Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 20, 2015
The people are really good to work with and there is a lot of semiconductor experience among the senior technicians. Complex troubleshooting is part of the day to day routine and there is a steep learning curve for new technicians due to minimal training. Not very many opportunities to move up in the company without changing departments. Technical ability is not weighted very heavily during evaluations.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Breaks and lunches are watched like a hawk.
Great company to work for
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Great and productive atmosphere
Friendly and supportive colleagues and medium pace environment. Great team
The cafeteria is open on night shift
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin ORJuly 8, 2015
You build all the whole time you are there. Even though the shifts are long they go by fast. Not everyone is at the same skill level, so it can be frustrating at times when the lower skilled employees are not expected to do much.
Pros
You learn a lot
Cons
Long shifts
Great Company but lacking efficient managment
Production Test Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJuly 3, 2015
The Tualatin factory was merged with Lam a little over 3 years ago. The management at the factory is still left over from the Novellus team.
Good company
Research & Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 18, 2015
Lam Research is a good place to work. Great environment and my manager is a good boss, I love to come back and work for him again. I had different activities each day.
Pros
good management