Lam Research

Lam Research Employer Reviews

Not so great for service career
Field Service Engineer Sr. (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 24, 2013
Pros: co workers are ok for the most part. pay was good
Cons: boring, in the box thinking. punching a clock as an fse, no autonomy
Field Service Engineers beware. If you like to be put in a box, troubleshoot with a script, and be treated like a janitor then this place is for you. If you enjoy using your brain to solve complex problems, run, don't walk.
As an FSE I was sooo bored in this job with Lam. basically you are a janitor, given all the dirty work that the customer doesn't – more... want to do i.e. wipe down/ clean out the chambers after use, change out difficult to reach parts, etc. You will do A LOT of cleaning. If something goes wrong you must use a written step by step procedure to troubleshoot. This job will suck the life out of you as a Field Service Engineer. Going to the same place every day, punching a clock, hi tech janitor, you will lose your skills here. – less
Well Managed company
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Livermore CaliforniaMay 15, 2013
Pros: fair wages, good bonus plan, strong upper management
Cons: internal opportunities limited because a lot is outsourced
Lam Research is a gem of a company to work for. Strong management, great products with many good people working there. Top minds in the industry are attracted to this company from a technical standpoint.
Lam Research was a good work atmosphere for me.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 10, 2013
Pros: good boss, good coworkers, excellent work experience
Cons: only internships; it's extremely difficult for me to find fulltime employment at lam
On a typical day, I would come in at 8-9am and work in two locations: the engineering group and the testing group.

In the engineering group I would do circuit board work and firmware programming, as well as continually communicate with my supervisors.

In the testing group I would build my test fixtures, as well as generate the appropriate documentation.
My first big company to work for.
Staff Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 22, 2013
So many campuses.
Can get discounts to amusement parks, and other tickets.
Large cafeteria.
Easy access to freeway - 880.
Short Tenure due to customer moving off-shore
Account Mgr. ST Microelectronics North America (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: a top company in semiconductor
Cons: did not feel effort put into finding me another position.
Responsibilities were for two ST Micro Electronics sites.

I normally spent two days a week at each site in Carrollton, Texas and Phoenix Arizona.

I had operational responsibility with P&L and 6 direct and indirect reports
productive workplace
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Fremont, CANovember 20, 2012
- challenging work - most enjoyable part
- new product development
- field support, escalations, problems solving
Project Engineer
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 14, 2012
Design and development of cluster tool semiconductor wafer etch systems and wafer transport systems.
good company
AutoCAD Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: to far to go to work
good company...great people to work for..great pay....good management
Team focused environment
Manufacturing Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORSeptember 26, 2012
Very good team orientated company built on ethics and a solid understanding that a company is only as good as it's people.
Field service engineer
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), South KoreaSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: free lunch, gas, and transportation costs, after work activities
Cons: long hours
Great compensation and benefits. Opportunities to learn new skills. Fun and social place to work. Work hours can be long, sometimes 80+ per week.
LOVE LAM RESEARCH
Field Service Engineer I (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: comraderie, work schedule compressed shift, pay, benifits
Cons: the up and down of the market causing for uknown layoffs.
Loved this job, got to travel the world, and work with some of the brightest minds in the semi-conductor. Loved my direct manager and site managers. learned how to take care of the latest and greatest 300mm dry etch semiconductor fabrication equipment. co-workers were mostly prior military so it made getting things done very fluid and most were very – more... dependable. Miss the industry. – less
Productive, fast-pace, work enviroment
SENIOR ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 20, 2012
Arrive 20 minutes early. Dress up for clean room. Check inventory of new parts that came in to be able to build sytems on hold and work at op1, op2 ,op 3, op 4 and op 5 in line 32. Built sytems and moved to each op. We worked as a team and always made our quota. If slow cross trained. Help new employee log in and show how to use the different programs – more... that were run in the clean room. Also trained employees in all ops. Deliverying Inventory and parts to the all lines. Perform quality inspections. – less
Semiconductor Company in it for the Long Run
Systems Configuration Analyst (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: great company culture and chance for promotion and success
Cons: company workforce fluctuates with the economy
I learned what a good company was by working for Lam Research. The workforce did fluctuate with the economy but I was here 11 years. This company was and still is very vital with an enthusiastic workforce. I learned what good company culture could be while I was here and tried to re-create that when I moved on.
Productive environment
Mechanical/ Assembly (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 25, 2012
Some of the tasks were to assemble both optical and mechanical parts.Read blueprints. Productive environment.
Productive Enviorment
Senior Expediter / Production Scheduler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 11, 2012
Pros: learned a lot working there.
Cons: had to leave due to child almost died at birth.
Very busy, lots to learn.
In the 6 years I was there I received 3 promotions,13% raises, worked in 4 departments. I was sent to APIC, Competitive classes and learned how to use the PC.
Innovation and moving toward the future
Global Senior Manager of Security (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 21, 2012
Pros: activities both at work and off work
Lam was an exciting place to be employed. This is a dynamic company that allows employees to grow and take the lead on development of new technoilogies.

They cared about their employees and made it a fun place to work and one that would attract the best candidates,
Master Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 9, 2012
Pros: great support from management, latest technology
Cons: volitivity of semiconductor industry
Responsible for complex technical functions in support of R&D and Manufacturing wafer transport and process modules. Highly skilled coworkers, great management staff. Hardest part of job is solving inner chamber process issues. Most enjoyable part of job is integrating a semiconductor platform and working the flaws out.
Good Company to work for
Senior Engineer Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 6, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Good Company to work for; good environment. Not too far from home & not outsourcing much of their products.
Good place to work and understand about semiconductor field
Software Products Applications Support Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: transportation, friday events
One of the very few companies in India that work on Semi conductor industry related softwares
workplace for successful people
China IT Manager (Former Employee), 上海市, C23July 27, 2013
My recent position was China IT manager in Lam Research which is a US Company whose HQ is based in the Bay area. Besides IT operations and team management, I led or participated in large scale IT projects with cross-functional team across USA, Europe and Asia. Through these project management experiences, I gained international exposure to cross-cultural – more... work environments. I built a solid reputation and gained the opportunity to get trained on Project Management Methodology (PMM) including Scrum in the US. I was selected as candidate to be in charge of one worldwide IT strategic projects –mobility in the US. – less

About Lam Research

Lam Research Corporation is a major supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the worldwide semiconductor industry, – Read more

Lam Research Photos