Lam Research Employee Reviews

Great place to work if...
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORDecember 19, 2014
Lam Research is a very great place to work. Peer Staff (worker Bees) are of professional standard. However, Lam Research would be an Exceptional place to foster a long healthy career if Lam Research ":Cleaned House" of its Novellus Systems Legacy Management. This is the ONE element that impedes professional growth. All the other reviews I've read in regards to this claim is very accurate. Professional Ethics and Standards of Lam Research (Tualitn) is marred by this very element. In all, I'm happy that Lam Research Acquired Novellus Systems. It's only my hope that Lam Research has intent to Reeducate and if necessary replace its Novellus Legacy Management Staff.
Pros
peer to peer relationship is great
Cons
you've just read
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 26, 2014
Working as a temp provides little opportunity to provide a true review of working at Lam.
I work on a project using my technical skills to organize and document buld processes
Deskside Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 26, 2014
Really nice people lots of benefits loyal Company, Fun lots of activities.
I was a contractor there but would for sure recommend anyone interested in working at Lam that they would like being employed there.
Pros
great environment, good people
Cons
layoffs, and contractor work majority of hires at current time
WORKING HARD,COMPLETE ATTENDANCE.
Data entry,SHIPPING RECEIVING,DELIVERY. (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 11, 2014
LEARN MORE KNOWLEDGE.REGARDING DATA ENTRY.DELIVERY AND SHIPPING RECEIVING.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced environment where deadlines are a priority
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  chandler, azOctober 17, 2014
 Duties and Responsibilities require me to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Electronic system troubleshooting, mechanical aptitude, good communication skills, and the ability to deal effectively with customers e.g. Engineers and Technicians on the floor, postmortems, meetings, conferences, passdowns, lessens learned and escalations.
Poor job security and large bureaucracy
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2014
This company has morphed into a large corporation with layered bureaucracy with many internal procedural barriers preventing fast and innovative product development. The tag line of innovative product solutions no longer applies, instead the process and procedure takes precedence over everything else. In order to be fast and responsive to customer needs you need to work outside the normal process. Just don't get caught or you will be eliminated.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
poor job security; rigid procedural work environment
Great company with unique technology
Sr. Engineering Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 22, 2014
•a typical day at work - 8am-7pm
•what you learned - Etch
•management - politics
•your co-workers - competitive skills
•the hardest part of the job - to get commitments
•the most enjoyable part of the job - to get rewarded
Pros
communication, life
Cons
friction between divisions
Great company to work for.....very rewarding
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORAugust 24, 2014
Great work/life balance, casual working environment, awesome industry to work in.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, casual workplace
Cons
large company = less control
Have fun to be at work.
Pilot Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, ca.July 23, 2014
typical working week, Monday-Friday, sometime Saturday.
Have fun to be at work.
Pros
free breakfast.
Cons
sometime need political weapon to deal.
very nice environment to work, break room has ping pong table for employee to play on break time.
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN I (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 21, 2014
I am very lucky to work for this company. This company provide good benefits and compensation to their employees.
excellent company to work for.
Staff Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 14, 2014
excellent company to work for, fast moving and very stable.
Very little room for advancement
Final Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJune 26, 2014
This is the old Novellus facility now owned by Lam Research...The incompetent management that led to Novellus being acquired by Lam is still running the place. Until they purge management this will continue to be a toxic enviroment
Nice
Sr. E/M Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 21, 2014
Very happy with co-worker, and good management, learned a lot from there.
good but hard to work company paying good salary
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2014
They had the best profit-earning system in their business. Good company! Hard to survive for they deal with top of the line technology!
Pros
good bonus of >$30000
Cons
less sem machines than needed made people work hard
It's a mystery how any product gets out the door there
engineer (Former Employee) –  oregonMay 9, 2014
The sales team runs the show and acts as pseudo-engineers to the customer which was scary. Than the schedulers/engineers get to scramble and try to deliver what the sales team promises the customer. Managers offer little unstructured training if at all. Chaotic environment and only a few key people in each group do most of the work while others get left behind. You only see managers when there's a problem, otherwise most hide in their offices and can't manage effectively. Not a place to voice your opinion because the managers would retaliate which I witnessed. Some workers/managers go out of their way to keep the process so complicated for job security and to maintain their SME status and employees blame process inconsistencies on the merger. Only plus is that benefits were good and it's a green sustainable company.
Pros
good benefits and it's a green sustainable company.
Cons
not a nurturing/challenging work environment
Advanced production atmosphere with emphasis on fitness
MECOP Intern (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMay 8, 2014
A typical day at work at Lam Research involved multitasking through the several projects assigned for the internship. At Lam, I learned about CPM and the advantages of understanding a company's critical path.

As one of my projects was to determine the capability to switch from cellular manufacturing to continuous production with three separate lines. Throughout the entirety of this project, my ability to communicate became instrumental, as I had to communicate with three separate contractors for three separate bids.

Management was great at Lam and very involved in outside work activities like playing soccer and running. The Lam management is highly skilled and technical, and very helpful with project lineups. My co-workers were all very nice and welcoming, and anytime you requested help, they would prioritize their schedule to help you.

The hardest part of the job was leaving, as I wanted to begin my career with Lam. I had no choice as the internship ended, but I definitely could have went without having to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily runs and work outs with my mentor. Showers were available in several buildings and the management really knew how important the work/life balance was.
Pros
shoe trucks!
Cons
multiple buildings to navigate
Productive, safe, and fun work environment.
OMS Technician (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 5, 2014
My work is from 6:30AM to 3:00PM. At Lam Research, I learned the technical skills for my job. I learned safety in work environment and that is one of the most important things at Lam Research. I follow the OMS to make sure my products have the best quality. I also improve my work every day to exceed the required quantity.

I am a fast learner and self-motivated. I pay attention to detail and make sure tasks finish on time. I am very clean and organized. I also get along with others well so working in teams are great.
Pros
free lunch on saturdays sometimes. free shuttle from san jose to the company in livermore.
Cons
temporary job.
Nice company
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 22, 2014
The company are great. Very happy time. But the commute were too far for me.
Excellent place to start a career...Friendly atmosphere to work and grow..
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2014
Excellent place to start a career...Friendly atmosphere to work and grow..
Fun
Director HR Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2014
good hours and profitable rewarding company
typical day starts at 7 AM and ends at 5 PM