Lam Research Employee Reviews

clean room
notifying supervisor (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 2, 2017
they suck the life out of you. make you work 7 days 12hr shifts and brake them up so there are 3 days on one check and 4 on the other. do not waste you time.
Great place to work they had cafeterias for lunch and snacks
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 25, 2017
Worked with a great bunch of people. Supported the VP of Operations and all the reported to him. Learned how to work with the PLM system and SAP. Management worked with employees to help advance their career or move to different departments. Wish it didn't have to end.
Great company to work for. Work schedule was ideal.
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 24, 2017
I worked as a Senior Field Service Engineer for Lam Research, but my work place was at an Intel Fabrication Facility in Hillsboro, OR. I loved my work schedule. I worked 12.5 hour shifts Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday. Basically 3 on, 3 off...4 on, 4 off. This schedule was to mirror the techs and engineers at the Intel facility. I loved my job. As a Field Service Engineer, I trained the Intel techs and engineers on the operation and PM's of Lam Research's "wafer etching" equipment. I was also responsible for the majority of the PM's of the equipment and I was also responsible for troubleshooting any issues that arose with the equipment. The interaction between myself and the Intel techs and engineers was a very valuable experience. The ability to work on my own to fix issues was great for my professional development. Lam actually cared about their employees and I always felt I was a major contributor to the success of the company.
Pros
Work Schedule, exposure to the high tech industry
Cons
Contract ran out
Good monetary rewards and benefits.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 21, 2017
If a department mistakenly hired an incompetent manager who played games by presenting fake data to mess around, that could cause company to lose valuable resources.
Pros
Good reward, good culture, challenging projects
Cons
some Game players messing around
High pressure
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 5, 2017
All it is about extracting maximum work. Most of the managers do not care about their direct reports. They try to extract as much work as possible. They hire and fire at their will.
Great place to learn and grow.
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 4, 2017
Great place to learn and grow. This large matrixed company has many avenues of growth and promotion. Being an industry heavyweight, its benefits and compensation is competitive to its rivals.
Highly technical, leader in the semiconductor space
Director of Procurement/Supply Chain/NPI (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 29, 2017
Great, great! company to be a part of it.
Privilege to have work for the people I worked for during my tenure at this company.
Terrific tools to run the day-to-day business. Sophisticated and useful in performing your job
Culture is tough no no nonsense. Accountability and results is the mantra. It is great as these requirements are embraced by all.
Learning was a daily task, as there was so much that activity going on. This is typical in the semiconductor space, the market move at a very high pace.
Pros
Communications events, employee involvent
Challenging and relax environment.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 20, 2017
Very good place to work. Challenging assignments. Freedom to think out side the box. People and management are fully engaged in their assignments and aligned with each other.
Pros
Flexible Environment
Cons
N/a
God place to build your career
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 19, 2017
Lam is a great place to work at. People are friendly and are always willing to help and teach when needed. This is a good career builder for some one looking to get into the semiconductor industry.
someone who likes to fix broken things.
Semiconductor Test technician (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 9, 2017
company is in the middle of another huge expansion so everything is changing right now.
Training is kinda poor since there's not really a formal process
work instructions are OK but not good enough to be followed without experience.
large variety of tools that keep on changing so there's opportunity to learn a lot of different system types.
Pros
bonuses and benefits package are pretty good
Cons
poor work life balance
Good Company with good growth
Product Engineer (GPS) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Company is a great place for career advancement. R&D group culture is supportive with strong work ethics, I enjoyed working there and learned a lot from my time there.
Good company
Semiconducter Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 3, 2017
There is a nice company and a lot of nice people,you will learn a lot of awsome things over there,good pay and always keep you busy.
If you thrive on process this job is not for you.
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Tribal knowledge is king.

Documented test steps are hit and miss at best, which makes learning difficult, especially for those who thrive on following a process. When the answer to a question is "don't worry about that, just hit enter", something that happens often, nothing is being learned which leads to frustration.

There aren't enough tools for everyone, and you spend a lot of time looking for tools to perform your job, being forced to take tools from someone else that needs them too.

All new hires are temps, and if you don't perform up to their expectations they just terminate your contract with the temp agency, and you're told this in a phone call. No warnings, no write ups, you're just gone.

Everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful, and the workplace culture was good, as everyone got along with everyone else.
Pros
Excellent salary, friendly colleagues, nice perks.
Cons
12 hour shifts, you work every weekend, you're a temp.
Fun with great potential
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 22, 2016
Great culture with unique and open-minded employees. Middle management is average. Tremendous opportunities to improve with the right minds leading.
Pros
Develop great skills
Cons
Always seem to be in a rush or "crisis"
Easy, fun, and safe environment. Fantastic management
Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 30, 2016
A company that's easy for the motivated individuals to move up. Easy instructions to build the modules with great benifets with in the company.
demanding and changing environment
Dir Global Logistics & International Trade (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 28, 2016
Very strong results based culture. Demanding testing environment. Provides opportunities for those willing to commit to their results.
problems solving and decision making culture that focuses on corrective action rather than blame
Pros
Results orientated
Cons
demanding work environment
Management is poor!
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 15, 2016
Great technicians! Poor management. I had high expectations for this company but am sadly disappointed. The thought is work more hours and not think of a better way to do the job.
Core Values
Production planner (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 15, 2016
the dedication of management to improve and allow growth is exceptional. Customer core values, dedicated to fulfill the customers expectations while providing guidance and training for employees
Pros
company's future is promising
Cons
to many contractors
Ramp Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 9, 2016
It is a good place to work if you are young and want to travel. Company is in change and trying to catch up. Some of the best FSE's I have ever worked with.
Slave (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 4, 2016
regular reviews, bonus checks, good benefits

depending on your area, it can be a good place to work.

If you don't "fit the mold" you will find out the hard way and end up looking for a new job, involuntarily.
Pros
regular reviews, raises, and bonus checks
Cons
bad low level management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lam Research. Our community is ready to answer.