Lamar Advertising Company Employee Reviews

bad place to work.
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 7, 2017
Poor management , and no leadership in the company. there is no sense of teamwork in the company. There is an incredibly high turnover in the tax department.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
no management support.
Good company-slow paced
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 24, 2017
Was a fun job, but a little slow paced. Great people to work for and work with. A little slow paced for me but was a good job and I really enjoyed the culture.
Pros
Free schedule
Cons
Slow paced
Challenging and fast-paced
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2017
Wonderful company. Very supportive. Innovative technology sales support. Brilliant management. Autonomous work place but accountable for sales goals and quotas.
Quality assurance technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2017
A very relaxed and welcoming environment are provided at Lamar. Management is a very nice group of people. Pay may be slightly lower than some competitors, but the culture and benefits are second to none.
ok job
Digital technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 25, 2017
back when I worked for lamar the job was good I enjoyed working with the company but the overall pay was not good I was signed off for a lot of job task with them but was getting pair very little
September 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Lamar values input that helps us better the workplace for our employees. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the work you did for us!

We’re disappointed to hear that you feel you were not compensated well. Lamar offers competitive pay within our industry, and we pride ourselves in creating a career path for our Operations positions to move up within the organization. We also provide the opportunity to expand construction skill sets with licenses or certifications at Lamar’s expense when the need arises.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we wish you all the best with your future endeavors.

Very good company to work for, but slow advancement opp and GM's can really hamper your growth.
REAL ESTATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 6, 2017
Good company, limited jog growth unless you are in sales. Lack of additional compensation that is consistant across the company. Some managers/employees make alot more than their counter parts and it varies City to City. Needs to be consistant and competitive.
Pros
Family oriented company
Cons
Limited job growth
No sales rep stability within the company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2017
works in the Columbia SC office in sales and was a nightmare! You work there at least 6-7 months doing sales before they send you to "sales training" at the company headquarters. Lots of turnover in sales reps and also sales mgrs. Rest of company is o and laid back but the sales reps take the blunt. Even all of the long term clients ask "how long with you be with Lamar"?? Not a good sign when your customers are use to seeing so many reps come and go!!
Pros
Cons
spend half your day in meetings and they wonder why you cant get out and sell....
July 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Lamar appreciates employee feedback to help us better the workplace for our employees. Sales training and employee retention are both very important to us.

Newly hired Account Executives undergo one-on-one sales training with managers and learn systems/processes in their local office prior to coming to Lamar’s Corporate headquarters for additional sales training around the six month mark of employment. This all-expenses-paid educational trip is called “Sales School.” We strive to give our employees the tools and support needed to have a successful, long-term career at Lamar.

We are proud to say that we have only had one Account Executive leave us in the last 1.5 years at our Columbia location, and we were excited to welcome our new Sales Manager who moved with Lamar from Syracuse, NY in January 2016.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we wish you all the best with your future endeavours.

Productive and fun work week with 3 day weekends
Billboard Poster (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 15, 2017
The hardest part of the job was hauling the heavy poster flex/ vinyl up to the catwalk of the billboard. However, the amazing benefits and short work week made it worth it. The other employees made the environment enjoyable and I learned you have to be very comfortable with heights.
Pros
Benefits, short week, great people
Cons
High winds at higher altitude, prolonged sun exposure
Cool place to work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Lamar. Had the opportunity to build and hang bill boards. The benefits were great and the people were awesome. You have know how to climb and you can't be afraid of heights because the bill boards can be high.
Pros
Good benefits and hours are are always guaranteed
Cons
Can be dangerous. Need to practice safety all the time
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed the important work you did for us. We agree, the Lamar people and benefits are awesome!

As you can see here: http://www.lamar.com/About/Investors/Safety, Safety comes first at Lamar for both our employees and the communities we serve. Our Operations employees all go through several weeks of on-the-job training before ever climbing to extreme heights or handling construction equipment on their own.

We hope you're enjoying your next opportunity!

Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeJune 11, 2017
Productive, yet very strinuous on your body and you don't feel as though management cares. Not a career type job. Something you do as you are trying to find better work.
gets the bills paid
Installer (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 5, 2017
I kept the job to have time off with my kids. Other than that, I would not have stayed so long. It pays ok. The safety is up to you when climbing. Working out of a truck gave some independence.
Pros
Not at the shop much
Cons
shop management
A decent job
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSApril 23, 2017
This was my first job as a professional designer that has helped me gain experience working with account executives and other graphic designers.There were large workloads at times and small workloads as well ranging from 15 designs a week to 45 a week.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Lamar values input that helps us better the workplace for our employees. We love that our designers have the opportunity to work with several internal teams, and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed that experience in our Corinth office.

As with any business, our office definitely comes with ebbs and flows depending on the market. We know your managers appreciate your flexibility!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Apply at your own risk!!
Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2017
The management is poor and the GM will tell you straight up if he don't like or respect you he will get rid of you and he is not playing. Lamar Las Vegas is not a good place to work. Don't get me wrong the company is a good company but Lamar Las Vegas is not a good place to work. A lot of shady stuff goes on at this place. The foreman comes in with attitudes and tries to take it out on other people. Two guys have been fired behind him. The pay is good thats the only good at Lamar Las Vegas. Hanging vinyls is simple and easy you don't need any training to do it.
I enjoyed working here.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 12, 2017
Lamar Outdoor Advertising purchased the company I went to work for. (Martin Outdoor). I was responsible for Sales and Managing the day to day operations of the overall plant.
Pros
good people
Cons
nothing
Rather not Review
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 25, 2016
My job was a 8-5 job Monday thru Friday. I enjoyed the job for the most part.

My job was at times very slow which made me wonder many times if this the was the right place for me forever.
Good company but leadership n money was lacking
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 28, 2016
It was a good overall company just the money wasnt there and leadership n management . Just life lessons was taught with me there.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough money/benefits
Great people
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 1, 2016
Great co-workers and clients. Interesting working with both large and smaller clients. You can develope great relationships with clients.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Lease Manager II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2016
A great place to work and grow as a person and professional. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to work. Management is outstanding at leading and guiding for maximum efficiency.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review. We agree; Lamar is a great place to work! As one of the bigger markets in the company, we love hearing that our Oklahoma City management team is full of great leaders.

We believe in a mutual benefit to both the employer and employee here at Lamar.

Thanks again for the sincere review.

Fun place to work that has a great balance of life and work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2016
This company is understanding and supportive. The pay is competitive and they give timely raises. The daily work load is consistent and challenging without being a burden.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for your review! As one of our biggest offices in the company, we are happy to hear that our Pittsburgh location provides such a great work/life balance. We love the ability to enjoy the work we do, and we are glad you get to take part in that fun journey with us.

Lamar strives to be competitive with wages and raises within our industry, and we love knowing that you appreciate it. That workload sounds like even Goldilocks would like it!

Thank you again for the sincere review.

Corporate Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2016
Great place to work. Management is starting to get with the times, however plants in the field are still in the stone ages. Overall good company.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your review! We agree; Lamar is a great place to work!

As you can see here: http://www.lamar.com/About/GivingBack/Community, our goal is to leave every place that we're privileged to operate better than the way we found it. We give our local managers autonomy to run their individual location (i.e. the "plants in the field") unique to the local community they serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamar Advertising Company. Our community is ready to answer.