Lamar Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Fun and productive
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 23, 2017
relaxed while working, able to do homework, look for employment etc. Bosses are very professional. There is not really a hard part to it. It is nice to talk to teachers about operations.
A fun work place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved the job learned a lot about a lot of things at the school. The managers are very professional and teach you a lot, the employees are professional and will help you also.
Enjoy helping the Students Succeed
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 19, 2017
I enjoy working at LIT in order to help the student body succeed in the search for their career choices and see them Graduate with a degree or certificate in their field of study.
Pros
Seeing students succeed
Cons
Understaffed
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The staff is very nice and friendly and is always available to help other co workers. The flexibility they I had gave me the chance to finish my college career successfully.
Great Workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 26, 2017
A typical work day is very calm, everyone is very friendly here, the job is not hard, I enjoy pretty much everything, and it's very multicultural here
Productive and upbeat workplace
Student Worker (Event Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 8, 2016
I work in the MPC as a student worker that helps set up for events. My co-workers are very hard working and helped teach me everything that I needed to know when I got hired on.
Fabulous department I worked for at LIT.
Administrative Associate Sr (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 28, 2016
All men department.
Had days off from Christmas till New Years.
Benefits good.
Salary was not the greatest.
Department boss was great to work for.
Cons
Benefits of health and holidays off.
Great work study porgram
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 20, 2015
generally laid back environment. I say I spend sixty-five percent of my time doing my school work and the other thirty-five tutoring students in math or revising essays.
Pros
Easy-going atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
Very Flexible in my department
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 27, 2015
I love my job as far as the work I do. The flexibility is great. Meeting new people and assisting them is wonderful. Advancement is very questionable.
The employees were great to work with
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 9, 2015
I did work as I was told, when finished, I had time to work on homework. I learned how to decorate for different functions, my supervisors were great people to work for.
Pros
the job worked around my class schedule
Cons
not enough hours and pay
Challenging workplace, never bored
Computer Drafting Faculty (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 25, 2015
Enjoyed lecturing and demonstrating. Did not enjoy grading and bringing my work life home constantly. I did not feel like I had any co-workers. I had a boss, that was it. I was not micromanaged which I loved, because I am self motivated. I also felt like I had no support from other similarly level faculty in my program. Otherwise, I enjoyed most of the time that I spent with students. I was always on their side in preparing them for the workforce. I am excited to move back into the field. I loved that portion of my 17 year career so much.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No breaks... grading and bringing home work constantly
Great place to work. Teaching and Educating Radiology Students
Radiology Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 17, 2014
Enjoy working with students, but hard to transition from technologist to clinical instructor. I prefer more of a hands on, fast pace job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, weekends and holidays off.
Cons
Public speaking at seminars and events.
Good for Training
STUDENT IT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 18, 2014
The place is good for training if you want to get into IT. It' s a good place to work
The workplace enviroment is very suitable for students in school with full schedules
Student Government Vice President (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 14, 2014
After a morning and afternoon of classes, I would go to my cubical at the Student Government Offices. My day would consist of meetings, helping other students and organizing events. I learned a great deal in time management, organization skills, and how to be comfortable when speaking in public. The management and fellow co-workers were always ready and eager to share knowledge and incite when approached with a question or concern. The hardest part of the job was trying to go to all events that were scheduled due to clinic or class being at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was participating in activities where it could benefit other students or the surrounding community.
Awesome!
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 12, 2013
This job atmosphere was awesome. The students were great. The co-workers were great too.
Classroom setting
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 13, 2013
LIT gave me the opportunity to have a career. I enjoyed being a student at LIT.
Fun job
Executive Administration Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 29, 2013
This position was wonderful as a student worker I was encouraged to make suggestions on how things could be done more efficiently and when appropriate these suggestions were utilized. The management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not a permenant position
Productive Workplace
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 5, 2013
Worked helping people recover from the hurricane! Had meetings with Local Emergency Planning Commission(LEPC). Sorted donations and distributed them. Entered data into the computer.
Pros
productive
Cons
temporary
Not a good place to work
Former program director (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TXMarch 9, 2013
A management culture of micromanaging and that is what they do best. Unethical managing style. VP of academic affairs undermines program directors by having inappropriate relationships with program faculty. Then throws the program director under the bus. She even dictates what font to use in just about all written communication.
Pros
if left alone by management then the work can be self awarding.
Cons
very unethical and many employees can't wait to leave.
Awesome
Administrative Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Since I am a student, they a very flexible with the school schedule. Management is awesome. There is not a lot of micromanaging. Employees does their share of the work. The hardest part is the pay. With government jobs there are pros and cons anyway. Great benefits though
Pros
awesome environment
Cons
pay