Lamar University

Lamar University Employer Reviews

It was a wonderful workplace and a great research area to learn new things.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Mechanical DepartmentFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: we used to get a free lunch by the professor once a month
I learned a lot and was very happy working with the professor and also my co-student worker. I had very good experience learning new Ideas and techniques in the field of Nanotechnology.
Highly motivated place to work on our skills.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Supervised students at all stage of projects.
Gained details,working knowledge.
Interact productively with people from diverse background.
Perform quality work and complete it on time.
Excellent facilities in the campus
Research Assistant/PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: health insurance
Working in a pleasant environment, getting along well with my colleagues. The dining hall is wonderful, and the facilities in the gym are excellent
Working in the setzer center
Student Activities Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: liniant work schedule
Cons: understaffed
hand out fliers, brainstorm events, gather price estimates and run campus events. Student engagement is very low and it is an uphill battle that will take time to change
productive workplace
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 25, 2015
I got an opportunity to learn a lot during this assistantship. It is a great experience to work everyday in designing something that would be very much helpful for the university.
• Software: MATLAB| ModelSim| Microwind| MultiSim| Simulink| Visual Studio| Keil uVision| SolidWorks| CCS| ECAD| C/C++| Embedded C| Assembly Language|
Research asst (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 14, 2014
• Electric/Electronic instruments: Development Boards| Multimeter| Stepper motor| Induction motor| Oscilloscope| Signal generator| Transformers| Op-Amp| Starters| AC-DC DC-AC and DC-DC Converters| Sensors and Actuators.
Great place to work!
Student Worker (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: fun work environment!
Cons: lack of hours
I helped to coordinate sports activities that take place throughout the home games and assist with student affairs.
a nice university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 5, 2014
The education has given me the abilities
 Dynamic & steady state modeling (Aspen, HYSYS, ProII, Matlab and gPROMS) for industrial operation, environment impact assessment, economic analysis and operation safety.
 Large scale global optimization algorithm development
 Synthesis of energy & water systems and microscale process synthesis
 Planning, and scheduling
 Enterprise-wide optimization
 Data mining and application of ICTs / large scale computation
enjoyable part of job
Student Assistant (Former Employee), beaumont, texasSeptember 25, 2014
I enjoy to take the challenge in job. I also enjoy to make a friendly relation with my co workers.
Accomadating environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: pay was once a month.
Working for the university I attended was satisfying, my supervisor was accommodating and she would always take into consideration my academic schedule before creating the work schedule for the upcoming semester. She was understanding and respected that I was a student first and her employee second. For that I am very grateful.
Fun awesome work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Hard working, focused and accomplish the task on time

Lamar University
Teaching Assistant (Spring 2011 – Summer 2014)
• Advised 134 undergraduate technology students (face to face and via phone).
• Grader and exam proctor for several courses.
• Assisted the department with administrative and record keeping tasks.
Experiment gained working as a student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont,TexasAugust 17, 2014
Pros: learnt new things
Cons: people from different background had different views of things that sometimes was uncomfortable.
As a student assistant I had to help my professor in various ways,like I had to invigilate their examinations,solve their queries regarding the course,update them with any additional materials included in syllabus etc.I have learnt a lot working as an assistant because I believe we can gain knowledge and experience if had a variety of people around us.But it was also tough to cope up with them as they were from different background but I found it challenging as well as interesting.
Education
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: highly informative, healthy environment
Education system is highly practical and industry oriented. The projects we do in our courses are often the ones Engineers deal with , in companies.
Lab instructor
Student Assistant for General Studies (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 14, 2014
Lab instructor for Introduction to Physical Geology course. Instructed labs over mineral identification, formation of the three rock types, map contouring, and karst topography. Provided additional assistance to students in need. Provided timely feedback and grades to guarantee students would have the best chance at success in the class.
Good step if under the right professor
Research Assistant (Former Employee), BeaumontJuly 7, 2014
All depends on whom working with
I got great experience working with FEA ANSYS
Great Place To Work
Adjunct Instructor - College of Arts and Sciences (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 22, 2014
Great place to work and begin a career. You can maintain a great work life and home life balance. People are very friendly. There is a great amount of time spent on professional development.
Graduate Student Assistant - Great place to work and study
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TX 77710May 7, 2014
I was happy to work as graduate student assistant while studying in same university. I was very interesting time. I helped undergraduates in Math Lab, conducted help sessions in calculus I, II and III classes and worked on a research under the title “Comparing PCA, SVD, and NMF on USA Mortality Data” using R Statistical package. All of employes are in Lamar, very nice and willing to help as I did.
Good job and good atomoshpere.
Accountant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: wasn't able to grow in the job or progress.
I was promoted to this position as an Accountant once I graduated and obtained my degree. I enjoyed the job but was more of an administrative assitant than an accountant. I would have stayed with this job but I took an offer from LIT that I believed would allow me to obtain more accounting experience.

I dealt with students daily who were in the Academic Partnership program and were in the process of obtaining there Masters Degrees in education.
Great University to work for
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 28, 2013
I have found my experience very pleasant. Staff is very nice and people are usually polite and humble.
Good place to work while in college
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 20, 2013
Professors understand you have school work and allow you to do it during your down time at work.

1 2 3

About Lamar University

Texas State University-San Marcos is saddled up and ready to rope some graduates. The school has more than 34,000 students pursuing – Read more