Lamar University Employee Review

View all Lamar University reviews

Experiment gained working as a student assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont,TexasAugust 17, 2014
As a student assistant I had to help my professor in various ways,like I had to invigilate their examinations,solve their queries regarding the course,update them with any additional materials included in syllabus etc.I have learnt a lot working as an assistant because I believe we can gain knowledge and experience if had a variety of people around us.But it was also tough to cope up with them as they were from different background but I found it challenging as well as interesting.
Pros
Learnt new things
Cons
People from different background had different views of things that sometimes was uncomfortable.

Other Lamar University Employee Reviews

Diverse work culture
Doctoral Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I developed team work and leadership skills while working in a diversified environment. I developed presentation and public speaking skills while being a member of Toastmasters International at Lamar University.
Chef environment
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 18, 2018
It was fun being a chefs assistant. It helped me to have a better understanding of what traits a manager should portray. I am grateful to have worked this position.