Lamar University Employee Review

View all Lamar University reviews

Good job and good atomoshpere.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 28, 2013
I was promoted to this position as an Accountant once I graduated and obtained my degree. I enjoyed the job but was more of an administrative assitant than an accountant. I would have stayed with this job but I took an offer from LIT that I believed would allow me to obtain more accounting experience.

I dealt with students daily who were in the Academic Partnership program and were in the process of obtaining there Masters Degrees in education.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Wasn't able to grow in the job or progress.

Other Lamar University Employee Reviews

Excellent Work Environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 18, 2017
Lamar University at Port Arthur Texas was an academic oriented institution whose primary interest was the students who were attending the college. The work environment was excellent, the management structure was what one would expect in a college structure and the benefits were supported by the state of Texas. All in all, this was a truly great place to work.
Pros
Freedom to develope and integrate meaning programs for the students in the class
Cons
The hieracrchy of persons at the university was not the same as one would expect in private indstry.
LU security
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 13, 2017
Job is boring. Management doesn’t do a good job at their job. Work long hours and the checks are smaller than you would expect. They need to pay employees more money