Lamar University

Lamar University Employer Reviews

good learning experiences
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 19, 2012
As an International Student at Lamar University, I was offered the job by the department of Industrial Engineering owing to my high score in Graduate Record Examination (G.R.E.). I started working in the conducive environment in September 2012, learning hardware and software maintenance.
Productive work environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Hydraulics LabJuly 18, 2012
Pros: management, freedom in workbalance
Cons: low working hours
Learned lots of new things in Computer software and Hardware
Fun and time consuming
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 8, 2012
Pros: free travel, benefits, and fun
Cons: lack of hrs after season
A typical day at work involved running errands, copying, filing, faxing, maintaining sevral data bases, taking and delivering mail, anwsering phones, greeting guest, and much more! The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to travel and work with the football department. I loved attending the games and the rush of making sure everything happend – more... smoothly before kick-off! – less
A great place to study
Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 22, 2012
Had lots of academic and practical experiences on the know how to get job finished and to be positive oriented towards roles accomplishments.
Good university with professional train
Post-doctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2012
Lamar University is a very good university with professional train for undergraduate student and graduate student.
Productive and diversfied place to work.
Research Assistant -Water Management Laboratory (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 26, 2012
Productive and diversfied place to work with excellent Recreation centre and well equiped laboratories.
Environment that provides students skills and opportunities
Student Assistant at the MBA office (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 12, 2012
Pros: career opportunities
Cons: cheap salary for extensive work
I learned to think and check twice before starting the assigned work. I acquired multi-task skills to increase efficiency. I also learned to always ask if I am not sure because if I made a mistake, I would have to redo everything and that would certainly consume twice as much time. My co-workers are very helpful. I want to help future student assistants – more... with kindness just like my co-workers did. The hardest part of the job is taking care of AACSB because it is work that requires more computer skills. Checking consistency in all years takes time and patience. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with great professors and students. Talking to them helps my personal growth. – less
Senior Project member
Senior Project Member (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: experience while in school
Cons: time consuming
Working as a senior project member helped me further advance my career, as well as have a small taste of the real life projects found in real life. We helped optimize the university thesis processing, and transferred the International Student Office's paperwork online; saving money for the university. Excellent job.
Lamar University
Student worker (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 29, 2011
I worked as a student worker for two departments at LU over the course of three and a half years. Overall, my experiences were positive. Management ranged from competent to completely disordered. Therefore, I can't say that being a student worker at LU is the greatest job in the world, but it gave me some extra cash while earning my degree.
Great environment, flexible schedule
Student Asst/ Client Services (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 13, 2011
Great place to be employed, supervisor sympathetic to class schedule and school activities
My job was very good, I was paid to do my work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TX 77710August 26, 2011
Not everyone gets this job. I was luck to get this job and I worked honestly and sincerely.

About Lamar University

Texas State University-San Marcos is saddled up and ready to rope some graduates. The school has more than 34,000 students pursuing – Read more