Lambs Farm Employee Reviews

Lambs Farm
Direct Support Staff/ House Parent (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 12, 2014
The management is not respectful of their staff. Promise advancement opportunities, but do not follow through. I was interviewed by a manager in his pajamas and he was using inappropriate language, and told me I couldn't work with difficult clients because I am female.
Close-knit, homey atmosphere.
Case Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 2, 2014
Working with the residents, or clients, is the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job. You develop good relationships with the people you care for.
I've learned many tasks including being a team leader and organizing meetings. I've learned to act as the liaison between families, colleagues and medical professionals in communicating information regarding clients. This job has also boosted my confidence and helped me mature in my career.
The management is very supportive. Most coworkers and colleagues are very nice.

I love the company, but there are limited advancement opportunities.
Pros
accrual of personal time and vacation time is quick. paid lunch hour.
Cons
aging population is an ongoing issue and the company, as a whole, is having difficulty managing the elderly.
Wonderful opportunity to support adults, with disabilities.
Instructor / Residential Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 1, 2013
In a typical day, I taught daily living skills, in the morning, and ran the Venture program (trips into the community, classroom activities), in the afternoon.
From management I learned how to prioritize and make decisions, with confidence.
The hardest part of my job, was saying good-bye to Participants, who passed away.
One of most enjoyable part of working at Lambs Farm, was seeing the rise, in self confidence, in Participants.
Pros
supportive supervisors
Benefits of helping participants.
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILNovember 19, 2013
A typical day at work, busy but very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that I am making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals that I am there to serve.
Fun and Busy
DSP/Assistant AM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Libertyville ILNovember 18, 2013
It is a very fun environment where you meet all kinds of wonderful people.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
no advancement and raises are few
It was ok working there while I had the chnace.
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Libertyville ILAugust 9, 2013
I liked the experience I gained working there. It was helpful.