Lambs Farm Employee Reviews

Well maintained job , and the individual are really great
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 3, 2017
If you would like some extra income this is the place to work. The hours vary but you can earn a nice paycheck if you work overtime.
Pros
Free dinner, health benefits
Cons
Pay rate is low for Direct support professional
Great work environment messy but the people where friendly
Milker (Former Employee) –  Oakfield, NYNovember 11, 2016
It was long demanding hours not to much to expect from an agricultural job the supervisor was very understanding about personal life and special needs
Pros
Good people and stable work enviroment
fun community
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 9, 2016
it was a fun experience working with people with mental disabilities being able to train them mangement were understanding i learned how to promote sales coworkers were fun and also understanding the hardest part was keeping up with tables when it got busy but i got better with time the most enjoyable part was seeing the participants happy andalso customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
winter was always slow
Something new everyday
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 10, 2015
Being a waitress for this company was pretty fun. I liked that I learned something new every time. The staff was really small and it felt like a second family. There were some days it got crazy because sometimes I worked a 9 or 10 hour shift as the only waitress with one or 2 managers on standby. There were only 3 waitress at this restaurant and it was difficult to handle all the tasks between us. There were times where we had to stay really late just to clean up, and then show up really early to get things going. Myself and another girl were full time students so when we had those not so great days it was a hard balance. I didn't mind it that much because we all treated each other fairly, like we had a tip pool so we all earned the same amount of money which was nice, and the managers were very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Great staff, fun everyday
Cons
small staff made it hard to balance everything
Lambs Farm
Direct Support Staff/ House Parent (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJune 12, 2014
The management is not respectful of their staff. Promise advancement opportunities, but do not follow through. I was interviewed by a manager in his pajamas and he was using inappropriate language, and told me I couldn't work with difficult clients because I am female.
Close-knit, homey atmosphere.
Case Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 2, 2014
Working with the residents, or clients, is the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job. You develop good relationships with the people you care for.
I've learned many tasks including being a team leader and organizing meetings. I've learned to act as the liaison between families, colleagues and medical professionals in communicating information regarding clients. This job has also boosted my confidence and helped me mature in my career.
The management is very supportive. Most coworkers and colleagues are very nice.

I love the company, but there are limited advancement opportunities.
Pros
Accrual of Personal time and Vacation time is quick. Paid lunch hour.
Cons
Aging population is an ongoing issue and the company, as a whole, is having difficulty managing the elderly.
Wonderful opportunity to support adults, with disabilities.
Instructor / Residential Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 1, 2013
In a typical day, I taught daily living skills, in the morning, and ran the Venture program (trips into the community, classroom activities), in the afternoon.
From management I learned how to prioritize and make decisions, with confidence.
The hardest part of my job, was saying good-bye to Participants, who passed away.
One of most enjoyable part of working at Lambs Farm, was seeing the rise, in self confidence, in Participants.
Pros
Supportive Supervisors
Benefits of helping participants.
Direct Support Person (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILNovember 19, 2013
A typical day at work, busy but very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that I am making a positive difference in the lives of the individuals that I am there to serve.
Fun and Busy
DSP/Assistant AM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Libertyville ILNovember 18, 2013
It is a very fun environment where you meet all kinds of wonderful people.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
no advancement and raises are few
It was ok working there while I had the chnace.
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Libertyville ILAugust 9, 2013
I liked the experience I gained working there. It was helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambs Farm. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9