The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for establishing daily wire payments, outgoing foreign currency payments, petty cash, expense reporting and corporate AMEX payments, assisting with contract ledgers and sending annual 1099 forms. Assist with processing and verifying invoices, coding of expenses, preparation of vouchers, and issuance of checks for payment as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily wire payments to vendors, and maintenance of related templates within the company’s online banking system.
- Scheduling and processing outgoing foreign currency payments.
- Petty cash and expense reporting management.
- Processing vendor payments via the corporate AMEX card.
- Assist with contract ledgers.
- Send annual 1099 forms to necessary individuals.
- Assist as needed processing vendor invoices, expense coding, preparation of vouchers and vendor check runs.
- Respond to and follow-up on inquiries from suppliers and other office staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting.
- 3 or more years of related experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also able to contribute individually.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office products; with intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
Lamex Foods, Inc. is a leading importer/exporter of frozen and ambient protein and non-protein food products worldwide, based in...