LAMI PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

The world revolves around them
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 19, 2016
I was interviewed and hired and told they'd be in touch later that week about a schedule and training. I got a call later that night, about 8pm, wanting me to start the next morning at 6am. That was waaaaayyyy too short of a notice! The manager told me "obviously" this job wasn't important enough to me so good luck on my future endeavors.
Pros
Easy interview
Cons
Selfish manager, products annoy shoppers
Very high stress job (needlessly), lots of time required not paid for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 15, 2016
I do not recommend this company. Very stressful, disorganized, requirement to do piles of computer and paperwork and not paid for. No travel time pay, however, mileage is paid over 20 miles per day.
Aggravating company and customers. Low pay for job that is required; constant micro management. Required to work off the clock almost as much time per day as paid for. Antiquated procedures.
Pros
Cons
Off the clock work; disorganized ; no travel pay;
Merchandiser, run by idiots
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 8, 2016
I worked there for a few years, it started out great especially when the kids were little. There is zero room to advance, started at $11 ended at $11. Receivers and Store managers are mostly jerks. Lots and lots of paperwork, everything is done through the mail so if you boss doesn't receive your invoices on time you don't get a check. VERY BEHIND WITH TECHNOLOGY. Plus, 90% of your paperwork is done on your own time, including driving to the post office to drop it off. All administration time, faxing, etc. is not paid. Federal Wage and Labor contacted me about complaints that had been filed, I sent them an affidavit but haven't heard back. So, if you've worked there you might want to call them.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare, no raises, management is clueless, too much time spent off the clock
No management experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensilvania, CaldasSeptember 1, 2016
I quit my job because I dint not get paid on time as
per my supervisor she forgot to paid us??
Not only Me my coworker the same
No benefits
Who works 5 to 6 hrs not getting lunch or brakes ??
Pros
Nothing in any way as yo give us benefits
Cons
No brakes or lunch even if you work 5hrs
productive fun and the company supervisors and management are extremely understanding and considerate.
Sales Rep/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006May 19, 2016
Best Job i ever had thus far. Theres nothing hard about it . But when the supermarkets filed bankruptcy it caused alot of jobs for many of us.
Pros
self scheduling, lunch whenever you're ready
easy flexible
Service rep (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2016
flexible workplace but you really never know when you'll work. you only know what store get delivered the day of. if they are not checked in you cant go until they are checked in. pretty okay job sucks you do have to put your car in.
Inappropriate supervisor
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 25, 2016
The current territory supervisor for Lami in the Louisville and Lexington region is a terrible boss. She should not be a face of this company. I would have stayed and enjoyed my job if she was not a part of the company. She asked inappropriate health questions ( illegal ) my age ( illegal ) and was harassing with phone and texts messages. She is abrasive, rude, and unprofessional. The company should really look into drug testing their supervisors. She made a scene on the sales floor at a Kroger and myself and another employee quit on the spot. She couldn't be a more vial person. She should be terminated immediately.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Supervisor
The best part is working by yourself.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Going to various stores being to a certain extent your own boss is rewarding but it's not worth it when you don't get reimbursed for car repairs. You are to help rebuild good relations with stores yet they continue to do the very thing the stores have problems with and you get the backlash. On the flip side, it's a relatively easy job that sometimes can be made out to be more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
work your own pace, set your own schedule
Cons
most stores don't care for the company, other vendors like to make your job more tedious than it is and NO BENEFITS!!
Louisville Territory Leadership-Poor & Unreliable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 7, 2016
I can only comment on my experience with the Hiring Mgr & the interviewing process.

Initial contact was prompt via email. Initial phone interview: Manager called late. In voice mail person sounded like they just woke up and or was disoriented. This was rescheduled for later in the day. F2F interview scheduled after phone intv.

Face to Face interview: Was to occur the following week and was cancelled the night before. An attempt was made to reschedule at their end and a delayed response occurred after I replied with my availability.

At this point I aborted the process and decided to purse other opportunities.

Overall this experience left a negative impression on the company itself. I have never encountered such an unprofessional experience.

FYI: I asked about admin time and mgr skated the issue indicating there is only a very small amt a week..."A RED FLAG" Please never work off the clock for any reason!
Pros
Cant say. Typical sales pitch during the interview yet nothing exciting.
Cons
Unprofessional Mgt, Company Disjointed processes, restructuring, Current lawsuit over unpaid work!
fun work place
Team Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Galt, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Fast paced job environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with specially being able to travel and stay over night at other places. Great experience. Lots of room to grow in the work place.
Pros
great pay for setting up stores
Cons
not enough free time for family and friends
Make my own schedule.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 13, 2016
Work independently and no issues. Go to grocery store put out order and place a new order for 1 to 2 weeks. The hardest part of the job is waiting on receivers to check the order in. Do not like being timed for each store visit.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
No raises
No loyalty to employees
Excel Conversion Specialist/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  South Hampton. PaJuly 28, 2015
I liked the location of this job because it was easy to travel to and balance out the rest of my personal duties during the day. I didn't like the fact that I got laid off with out reasoning. Management sucked, I trained a lot of people helped the company tremendously and didn't get recognized for it. Did not like to give employee raises.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
poor managment no loyalty to employees
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAAugust 17, 2015
Product is shipped to customer (Local Grocery Stores). Check in the product, then put the product up in store. Easy work, but you can rack up a lot of mileage on your car driving from store to store.
Pros
Easy work
Desicive and constant
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 22, 2015
I learned to be efficient and maintained a desicive tone, backing up my statements with details and facts. I enjoy down to earth conversations and interests.
Very Primitive Company
Account Manager / Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 15, 2014
The company has its employees fill out what feels like 100 sheets of papers per store location on keeping track of count of inventory on clips. Then when orders were faxed in (did not compensate if had to fax at Staples or other companies that sold Fax services) they were always incorrect and stores received too much or too little of products marked down.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not worth the time and effort
Unintelligent Managent who have no idea how to lead
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 28, 2015
If you enjoy being micro managed and working with clueless management Lami is the job for you.Stores are constantly calling corporate with small issues that Lami Managent can't handle themselves. Instead they will call you even if it takes a dozen calls a day, and don't understand you may be busy at the time and can't call back at a drop of a hat.I never get a strait answer from them. I can ask the same question twice and never get the same answer. You still use pen and paper for ordering so they aren't very up to date with other companies. The only pro of the job is they pay good drive time , must of your job is driving so a lot of wear and tear is done on your vehicle. I am currently staying with this company until I can pick up a different rep job in my area.
Pros
good gas milleage
Cons
uneducated supervisors, nagging phone calls, old fashion ides
Lots of work with little pay, stress, wishy washy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 15, 2015
I worked hard and did not charge for printing and other little necessities. I made a lousy $10 per hour. The stores I had took me a minimum of 3 hours, but LaMi decides how much time you get to do the job based upon the number of items you have to pack out.

I was told that they were trying to cut down on time over the allotted amount. Get this, someone can and will fire you for too much time but they cannot come and show you how you are supposed to do this job in half the time needed. Do what I say, not as I do...

The ancient art of handwriting your orders is good enough for most of us, while the others get hand held devices. I estimate that handwriting the orders alone takes an hour at the very least. That's more than half the time they give you to do the entire job!

And then you have to deal with each individual store/management. They each have their quirks and rules. And apparently they don't have enough of their own work to do that they take it upon themselves to do your job as well. This is where the biggest headache comes from.

I would not recommend this employer/job to anyone.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough time to do the jobs
traveling to different grocery stores from Middletown, DE to Cape Charles, VA
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 30, 2013
I learned the value of time management and how to read maps to find the quickest route possible to service as many stores as possible in a day.
I had flexible hours, and worked well with others and alone.
Maintained customer satisfaction through communication.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
there were many changes of regional managers during my employment.
overall decent job
Rep (Current Employee) –  Roswell NMMay 31, 2014
-In the State of New Mexico you get compensated drive time :)
- pays well
-fairly easy lifting less then 25lb
-Management is organized
Pros
paid dt, training
Cons
if you cant stand for long periods of time this is not the job for you. no company cars.
C- not what it is
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  alabamaMarch 16, 2012
Good placement good plan but sad in values and ethic at best and hours are much longer with no pay.If you want to work from home with no pay this is your job!!
Pros
you can work
Cons
for pennies

2.3