LAMI PRODUCTS Employee Reviews

Good Job
Sales Vendor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 17, 2017
Working for LAMI was a good job. I did do a lot of driving but was paid mileage and drive time, all in all I had a very good DM who kept good communication with all of his reps.
Enjoyed
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed very much working for lami. A move was the only reason I left.if I more time I would have returned. The management was very helpful the hours were very flexible it was a work for yourself situation I enjoyed it very much
Great company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 20, 2017
Work independantly , keep your own hours , they pay for your milege and drive time very satisfied with this company only wish more work hours were available
Pros
Great mgmt
Cons
Not enough hours
demanding work environment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 31, 2017
Management was never helpful but demanding. went weeks without pay before giving up. currently being sued for non payment of travel time and payment for work done for the company
neat job with lots of stress and little pay
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 17, 2017
cool job with great convenience but crummy pay considering the stress you travel around going to grocery stores hanging merchandise on strips . you must communicate with store management and receivers some stores are managed better than others some are a nightmare to service
Pros
convenience
Cons
bad pay
Worst job ever
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2017
Don't do it don't do it don't do it it's not worth the headache and they take advantage of you too much wear and tear on your car they don't pay worth beans
PT Merchandiser - Flexible hours, enjoyable and stress free. PT Area Manager - Too much responsibility and not enough benefits
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Merchandiser portion of the job was flexible and fun. The Area Manager position that I held was part time between 35-40 hours per week. Managed reps in Las Vegas, Lake Havasu AZ, St George UT, Reno, Carson City, Fallon & Elko NV. Too much travel. Too much responsibility for a part time job with no paid time off benefits.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Cons
Health Care benefits offered but not affordable and poor coverage.
Fun Work
Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 14, 2016
Fun work, Good management. Work mostly alone and sometimes with a small team. The hardest part of the job is coordinating with receivers and DGMs to have deliveries checked in and ready before you arrive.+
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lifting
Inventory
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJNovember 2, 2016
I start at 6am Monday thru Friday I start my day checking for the Purchase orders that came in the day before. I go into our system and receive them and what didn't come in I email the vendor to confirm a ETA on the Products.

My co-workers are hard workers with great personality and very outgoing.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the vendors by day.
Louisville Territory Leadership-Poor & Unreliable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 7, 2016
I can only comment on my experience with the Hiring Mgr & the interviewing process.

Initial contact was prompt via email. Initial phone interview: Manager called late. In voice mail person sounded like they just woke up and or was disoriented. This was rescheduled for later in the day. F2F interview scheduled after phone intv.

Face to Face interview: Was to occur the following week and was cancelled the night before. An attempt was made to reschedule at their end and a delayed response occurred after I replied with my availability.

At this point I aborted the process and decided to purse other opportunities.

Overall this experience left a negative impression on the company itself. I have never encountered such an unprofessional experience.

FYI: I asked about admin time and mgr skated the issue indicating there is only a very small amt a week..."A RED FLAG" Please never work off the clock for any reason!
Pros
Cant say. Typical sales pitch during the interview yet nothing exciting.
Cons
Unprofessional Mgt, Company Disjointed processes, restructuring, Current lawsuit over unpaid work!
No management experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pensilvania, CaldasSeptember 1, 2016
I quit my job because I dint not get paid on time as
per my supervisor she forgot to paid us??
Not only Me my coworker the same
No benefits
Who works 5 to 6 hrs not getting lunch or brakes ??
Pros
Nothing in any way as yo give us benefits
Cons
No brakes or lunch even if you work 5hrs
A Job, a oportunity
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
Is a Friendly work area, where I enjoy to work. I learned to work in group and deal with different situations. Is an easy Job, where I make active work all day, being busy all time, that it implies more fun for me.
The world revolves around them
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 19, 2016
I was interviewed and hired and told they'd be in touch later that week about a schedule and training. I got a call later that night, about 8pm, wanting me to start the next morning at 6am. That was waaaaayyyy too short of a notice! The manager told me "obviously" this job wasn't important enough to me so good luck on my future endeavors.
Pros
Easy interview
Cons
Selfish manager, products annoy shoppers
easy flexible
Service rep (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2016
flexible workplace but you really never know when you'll work. you only know what store get delivered the day of. if they are not checked in you cant go until they are checked in. pretty okay job sucks you do have to put your car in.
productive fun and the company supervisors and management are extremely understanding and considerate.
Sales Rep/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006May 19, 2016
Best Job i ever had thus far. Theres nothing hard about it . But when the supermarkets filed bankruptcy it caused alot of jobs for many of us.
Pros
self scheduling, lunch whenever you're ready
Cons
Very high stress job (needlessly), lots of time required not paid for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 15, 2016
I do not recommend this company. Very stressful, disorganized, requirement to do piles of computer and paperwork and not paid for. No travel time pay, however, mileage is paid over 20 miles per day.
Aggravating company and customers. Low pay for job that is required; constant micro management. Required to work off the clock almost as much time per day as paid for. Antiquated procedures.
Pros
Cons
Off the clock work; disorganized ; no travel pay;
Merchandiser, run by idiots
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 8, 2016
I worked there for a few years, it started out great especially when the kids were little. There is zero room to advance, started at $11 ended at $11. Receivers and Store managers are mostly jerks. Lots and lots of paperwork, everything is done through the mail so if you boss doesn't receive your invoices on time you don't get a check. VERY BEHIND WITH TECHNOLOGY. Plus, 90% of your paperwork is done on your own time, including driving to the post office to drop it off. All administration time, faxing, etc. is not paid. Federal Wage and Labor contacted me about complaints that had been filed, I sent them an affidavit but haven't heard back. So, if you've worked there you might want to call them.
Pros
Cons
No healthcare, no raises, management is clueless, too much time spent off the clock
Inappropriate supervisor
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 25, 2016
The current territory supervisor for Lami in the Louisville and Lexington region is a terrible boss. She should not be a face of this company. I would have stayed and enjoyed my job if she was not a part of the company. She asked inappropriate health questions ( illegal ) my age ( illegal ) and was harassing with phone and texts messages. She is abrasive, rude, and unprofessional. The company should really look into drug testing their supervisors. She made a scene on the sales floor at a Kroger and myself and another employee quit on the spot. She couldn't be a more vial person. She should be terminated immediately.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Supervisor
The best part is working by yourself.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 24, 2016
Going to various stores being to a certain extent your own boss is rewarding but it's not worth it when you don't get reimbursed for car repairs. You are to help rebuild good relations with stores yet they continue to do the very thing the stores have problems with and you get the backlash. On the flip side, it's a relatively easy job that sometimes can be made out to be more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
work your own pace, set your own schedule
Cons
most stores don't care for the company, other vendors like to make your job more tedious than it is and NO BENEFITS!!
fun work place
Team Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Galt, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Fast paced job environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with specially being able to travel and stay over night at other places. Great experience. Lots of room to grow in the work place.
Pros
great pay for setting up stores
Cons
not enough free time for family and friends