Psychiatrist – Long-Term, Part-Time, Contract (Skid Row)
Lamp Community ends homelessness of Los Angeles' most vulnerable individuals, primarily adults with mental illness, through a continuum of services and housing, enabling them to reach their highest level of self-sufficiency and community integration.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, the psychiatrist will provide primarily medication management and documentation service in a high-quality Wellness Center that is consumer driven and exceeds DMH and Medi-Cal standards for services. This position will meet with clients who are primarily the chronically homeless mentally ill.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Required credentials are MD, Psychiatrist
2. Willing to work six hours per week in a long-term contractor relationship
3. Available to work the six hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, or some combination
4. Work hours can be between 8AM and 4PM
5. Outstanding clinical and strong team-building skills
6. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and database applications
7. Detail oriented with excellent time management, organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer skills
8. Able to learn quickly and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and with minimal supervision
9. One year full-time post graduate experience working with those living with mental illness and/or substance addictions preferred
10. Previous Medi-Cal billing experience helpful
Lamp is located in the Skid Row area of downtown and offers competitive compensation. Lamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and herein reiterates its policy of Equal Opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran status, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected characteristic.
Please send salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to:
Lamp Community, Human Resources
526 San Pedro Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Please indicate "PSYCHIATRIST" in the subject line.