Lamppost Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

Good job to learn many skills, could use organization
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CADecember 13, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of food making, cleaning, and more food making. I learned how to make a variety of foods, use, maintain, and clean a variety of kitchen ware, and how to work quickly in an environment close to others. Management could use a bit of organization and I personally believe that will come with experience and more hours. My coworkers do not pick up on skills quickly, and need to be reminded of basic tasks and how to carry them out. The hardest part of the job was in the first few months, learning how to get into a fast paced groove not to make mistakes, but also to keep up with the flow of the restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of new people and learning how to do things I will use for the rest of my life.
A productive pizza making business
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day of work consists of preparing veggies, varies meats, and cleaning. Accompanied with making and baking pizza to be eaten on location, picked up or delivered via delivery driver. Management is for the most part easy going and on top of things. Overall fun place to work with lots of laughter.
Pros
low stress, non-complicated.
Cons
low hours. slow paced.
High stress work enviornment with little job security
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2014
- great experience for the future
- Learned to work extremely fast and well with co workers
-family run, very friendly feeling
- handled many tasks at the same time often more so than normal work environments
- amazing staff, very inviting environment
- great first job experience in the industry
Pros
great, friendly staff, very helpful and willing to teach you what you need to know to succeed.
Cons
lack of communication
Best place for a great first job eperience
Manager/Front/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Orange, CaOctober 8, 2013
I worked at Lamppost Pizza for 3 years and I couldn't be more thankful for the experience I got here This company is privately owned by a local Orange County family. The owner Mike Flynn is an exceptional boss who accommodates anyone's schedule. A typical day consists of taking orders, making food, cleaning, prepping, and being very social with coworkers and customers. The most ideal job for a student who is looking to make income and have the privilege to maintain a flexible schedule.
Pros
experience in all aspects of the food industry
Fun workplace
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 27, 2013
A fast paced work environment with interactions with many different people, kids and co-workers. Learn everything from food prep to customer service skills. All employees and the owner are really laid back and understanding. The hardest part of the job was keeping up on the bust nights when we are under-staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers and the staff interactions.
Productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CASeptember 14, 2012
I answered phones and took orders for delivery, then delivered pizza to local customers, receiving the highest tips on my shift. I also greeted customers and cleared tables. I was very cooperative taking shifts at the last minute to help out my co-workers. I left there to attend music school in Hollywood.
Pros
nice tips delivering pizza
Cons
used a lot of gas
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAJuly 14, 2012
enjoyed several job task. such as cook, server, bus boy and prepper.
Pros
free soda
Cons
short breaks
Loved my time here
Cashier, Cook, Bartender, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 12, 2012
This was my first job and I loved every minute of it. The owners at the time were Angie and Jason and they believed in the same commitment to food that I still hold today. Quality comes first.

I'm not sure about the company today, because I've been away for so long now, but when I worked for them in 1996-97 and again in 2000 I loved my job and the food. Before I worked at Lamppost Pizza I was an avid patron. While attending Upland Highschool I frequently visited Lamppost Pizza for the lunch special $4.99 All You Can Eat and Drink. They had the BEST pizza I'd ever had. Just thinking about it brings a huge smile to my face and fills my heart with warmth.

As far as working for the family owned and operated business I enjoyed every day. I worked all the positions and really loved each one, minus the cleanup.

I took such pride in my work and was always rewarded with praise by the owners. I am very happy that I got the opportunity to work for them. One day I hope to open my own business and retain the same values I was taught here.
Pros
free meals, excellent work hours, great staff, fantastic management
Cons
it's one of a kind
Fun place
InHouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grove, CAApril 6, 2012
Typical high school Job, supervisors where great. I made and served pizzas, nothing was hard with common sense. I enjoyed working there we had a lot of regulars that made the job feel a bit more rewarding than it actually was
Pros
very fun supervisors and owner, worked around school and events
Great experience, exellent place to get started!
General employment (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJanuary 9, 2012
Working at Lamppost Pizza showed me that teamwork is important. You need great customer service and also be social and have a loud voice. I was shy when I first started working, then I learned that shy doesn't work. I was a little slow at first but once I asked questions and got used to it, I was speeding threw work. I'm glad that I got a chance to work with such a great company and look forward to learning about other companies.
Pros
free drinks, great people to work with.
Cons
healthcare.

4.3