Lamps Plus Employee Reviews

Job advancement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 12, 2016
To begin with, Job over all is great in all areas but there is always room for improvements on what i have suggested is selecting a better way of promoting personnel or outside hire. what i am tryng to convey is that company has not been really well at hiring trained candidates on inside or outside.

in conclusion, company has to work on the mentioned suggestion due to the fact of neglecting the possibility to right candidates.
Productive workplace
Floater (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be very professional and nice. I learned a lot about lamps and other lighting fixtures/merchandise. The management was very nice and polite. Co workers were very kind and helpful and determined. I don't believe there was a hard part of the day. I would say the most enjoyable part of the day was closing and turning off all of the beautiful lights.
Challenging
Full time Design Lead/ Display Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
• Create visual presentation to showcase Lamps Plus products
• Routinely remerchandised display for maximum sells
• Lead Lamps Plus showroom’s daily and weekly tasks.
• Work with manager and Corporate’s display team to identify issues, recommend products and update of the showroom

• Basic Bookkeeping
• Highly skilled in providing a timely, efficient, and considerate customer experience
• Able to operate cash registers, manage drawer, kiosk, and other office machines
• Demonstrated to respond and resolve customer’s requests and concerns
• Assisted customers and staff with purchases and transactions
• Restocked and updated merchandise display and prices
• written and verbal communication skills
• Developed strong customer relations
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Physical Labor
Wonderful merchandise, fun to sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 12, 2016
This company sells wonderful merchandise and has interesting customers. Pleasant environment. Adequate compensation.
Pros
Great merchandise
Cons
Fairly rapid turnover in management when I was there
Certified Merchandiser
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAMay 18, 2016
this place SUCKS!! stay away from it. a bunch of greedy lazy slaes people work there nd they are back stabbers. the back room people are jerks too! manager sucks too!
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Great work life balance, Great management , fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 15, 2016
Daily processing of deposits, payroll and paperwork. Then we open the door for our wonderful customers to come in and find solutions to their lighting and decorative problems. The hardest part of my day is when a commission associates has a large return and is very upset. I find it hard at times to be able to help them turn a negative into a positive.
Pros
Great management, Great worklife balance
Cons
healthcare cost, 401k contributions are poor.
Great coworks
Office Personel (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 10, 2016
co workers where okay some mangers knew what they where doing others had no idea how to run an office and corporate is a mess
Pros
caring coworker ( not in Managements )
Cons
lost cause
working from home
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 3, 2016
Working from home is a plus. Work is a typical call center with the exception I answer emails instead of calls. Where is my order, tracking number, make returns etc.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
not a set schedule
good place for sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 5, 2015
I did sales in that company,I liked my co-workers and my manager and I have learned a lots of good things to sale better from them.
Decent Place to work
New Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2015
The company is very old school in their approach to how people work. It's a very 9-5 type of place, but that can be good or bad. A normal day would have me check the google ad sense market, and how our ads were performing.
Provides income to pay the bills.
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 9, 2015
Overall the company in its entirety is unknown to me. However, the distribution center just went through a management change so it is hard to gauge their effectiveness. A wage increase happen in 2015 but only for the newly employed personnel leaving the seniority personnel fill under appreciated.
Pros
Bonus; lucheons and major holidays off with pay
Cons
benefits, 401k match
Very good company to work for.
Sales Associate- Retention agent (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2015
I really enjoy working for this company. The benefits they offer are incredible. There are many life long employees so that speaks volumes about the company. I would recommend and have recommended several people to work her.
fast paced but bad management
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 14, 2015
a typical day at lamps plus is very fast paced and stressful
i learned a lot about sales and how to manage time properly with customers
management needs to be worked on new manager doesn't work well
co-workers are drama filled
Okay Place to Work
Lighting Associate (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAMay 7, 2015
If you want a steady job this is the place. Opportunities for growth are minimal and the job can get pretty boring. If you want a place where you clock in, do your job and go home; where every day is monotonous and your okay with that then you will do fine here.
Pros
Job Security, Easy work
Cons
Outdated
Fun Place to work but no job security with new HR.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  caApril 9, 2015
Great selections and prices for the products, The founder of the company is down to earth, still works over 50 hours a week.
It was very fun place to work till 2006-07, New HR and upper management making jobs much harder with "Firing attitude" !!
slow paced retail/ commision job
STOCKROOM (Former Employee) –  uplandJanuary 29, 2015
personally not for me. typical required waiting for customers to in and servicing them. I learned to be assertive and to conform to the customers needs. management lacked enthusiasm and resources to keep the store flowing properly. hardest part of the job was enjoying selling something I didn't like myself.
most enjoyable part was getting a paycheck for my hard work and lunch was always near by
Pros
restaurants near by
Cons
retail
The energy is not only for the lamps
Sales/Lighting consultant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 4, 2014
I had the opportunity to work at both the distribution center/outlet in Redlands, CA as well as the retail store in Henderson, NV. I had the pleasure of working with some amazing people who I still call my friends. The outlet store was my starting point in which I was just selling product as a sales associate. Pros of the outlet/ distribution center are that they host many employee events and reward for a job well done. I left this location upon my move to Nevada. I was lucky to be given the opportunity to relocate. The retail location was the same selling and assembling product. I was given weekends off at this new location and hours that allowed to continue with school.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Short lunches, strict management
Great Company
Display Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 11, 2014
Wonderful employees to work with and a happy environment. Tons of customers and wonderful displays.
Very Productive yet very fun
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day at work consist of me clocking in at 7:30 on truck days which are Tuesdays and Thursday. Once I am clocked in I scale the stockroom aisles to make sure we have enough room to bring in the stock off the truck. Once that is completed we move forward to unloading the truck which usually takes about a hour or so depending on how big the truck is. Once the truck is completely unloaded stock has been put on the aisles and special order is ready to be put up as well. Depending on who is there sometimes i have to check in the truck and the special order. Once everything is checked in we continue on by putting the stock up and the special order in the designated areas. During this time i am also being called to do carry outs for customers, carry ins, take fixtures down off the floor, pull orders off the shelf, pull stock from different aisles for customers in store, wrap items, fix items that are defected, and deal with returns from customers. At the end of the day trash is done then I lock the door and hit the lights and that is a typical days at Lamps Plus. My co workers are great when I first started I was not trained on anything but do to my quick learning ability i caught on quickly instantly becoming the favorite "stocker" if you will. Hardest thing about my job is the pay as a young man who goes to school i feel as if I should be rewarded for the job I do. The pay I make is barely enough so I need a job that pays more and a job that will allow me to advance as my skills do. Management is surely a team I will never forget all smiles Greg and Stephanie are two of the  more... best. The most enjoyable part about my job is for sure my co workers and the smiles i put on my customers face. I love making people smile so countless times I go out of my way to make that happen. A satisfied customer is a returning customer and that is key in customer service.  less
great hours, friendly envirement
LIGHTING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 21, 2014
greeted customers, introduced my self and volunteered my services. sales, upselling and set up delivery and installation. made follow up phone calls to invite customers to come back to store to sell more items.
Pros
great commision based pay
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lamps Plus. Our community is ready to answer.