Lancaster General Hospital

Lancaster General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Worst Job by far
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 3, 2016
I have heard for a long time that it didn't used to be like this but now working here is awful people are rude and tear each other down for no reason moral is so low I have yet to find a single person who enjoys it here no one cares about your accomplishments but if you make even the smallest mistake they will tear you apart budgets are being cut all over this hospital so one person is left doing the work of several while being payed less than any hospital in the area they do not care about you as a person here you are a peon
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
You are a cog in a machine nothing more
Impersonal Workplace
Patient Access Representative III (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 30, 2016
It's healthcare so there is always some form of disorganization, the Emergency Department was no exception at the time. In the patient access area the management was not exceptional. No one truly cared about you other than as an employee there to do a job. You were truly only looked at for wrong doings and not things you did well. You were always asked to work extra and cover shifts. It was basically impossible to get day-shift there, its all about seniority. They absolutely choose favorites. All of these things being reasons why I left. Between nursing departments and doctors, there is clear segregation and cliques which makes no ones feel good unless you have an "in". Unless you make friends, working in the Emergency Department is terrible.
My Heaven
Diagnostic Imaging Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 24, 2016
I love most of my coworkers, the patients are great even though they don't feel great, and the managing is great. A typical day is organizing exam orders, which there are normally no more than 20 sheets of paper. Everyone says hello, and most have smiles on their faces. You will receive phone calls about patients and you can either answer them or transfer them to someone who knows the answer. You perform x-ray exams per physician order, and someone is always there to help if you need help. I learned from my coworkers how to perform exams, what to look for such as pathologies, and what to be cautious of depending on patient conditions. I also learned a different view of life from my patients that I saw every day. The hardest part of my job is coming up to different ways to obtain the diagnostic images if the patient cannot hold a position for the exam. That may require different ways to move the x-ray tube, or more equipment, or another set of hands. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, whether coworker or patient, and performing exams.
Productive place to work
Insurance Authorization Specialists (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 17, 2016
Obtaining authorizations for upcoming surgeries being done at the hospital. Always have work to be done in the work queues.
Pros
work from home once a week
Cons
starting to work on the weekends
Enjoyed working for this company.
LPN bridge program for RN degree. (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 10, 2016
Worked as an LPN with supplemental staff and was able to learn a great deal clinically on the floor with RN's who nurture you. Loved being able to increase skill and knowledge while there.
Pros
Excellent for increasing expirience and knowledge.
Cons
Difficult to continue as changes to the facility made it hard to continue to work there.
Amazing workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 2, 2016
Amazing place for internship very respectful helpful and very well with students also very well with admitting patients and getting information needed by the patients.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Laundry Department
Laundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 26, 2016
Heavy Lifting. Poor management. Hourly rate is horrible with the amount of work needed to be done. Very hot working conditions in the summer. Lot's of employee call-offs leaving other employees to pick up the slack!
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Everything about working in laundry!
great job
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 16, 2016
great job, hated the management. Food in the cafeteria is good and most people are pleasant. Worked there a long time and got very good job training.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
manager lacks concern for emplyees
fun and reliable work place, very neat
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 18, 2016
I would take patients from their rooms to testing sights and back up. I also had to help patients back into their rooms and sometime even take them to the bathroom.
Pros
Paid time off
good
Washroom Supervising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 17, 2015
i like working at the lgh it has opened my eyes to new oppertunities. the health fielkd is my calling just waiting for my time to shine
Lancaster General
Customer Service Specialist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 20, 2015
Offered the job in December of last year. It's a great place to work. Though some of the offices are a little lack luster. That all comes down to poor management skills. You aren't management material just because you've been with that company for a while. Most of the workers I've met from various offices are friendly as well.
Cons
no choice in where you get placed once hired.
Rewarding experience
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 1, 2015
Enjoy team that I work with and the organization. Excellent growth and responsibilities, secure and like the opportunity to share my knowledge with coworkers.
Pros
Friendly
great place to own development
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  7NSeptember 23, 2015
this is an amazing place for work, and offers good benefits, with great environment of team work and patient care for most of all things. It is a very hard job for a care giver, it takes a lot of you, long hours, heavy work, always doing something useful and your duties as well! It's a great start, it just depend on what are you looking for selfdevelopment.
Pros
Good place to learn and improve your self
Cons
Wage is not good enough for PTCAs
a
High Dollar Account Resolution Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 16, 2015
The company has great benefits and although employee perks may have gone down they are still a good employer. great health coverage.
great place to work
Perioperative RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PAAugust 21, 2015
My co-workers were awesome
The hospital was modern and committed to best practice nursing
I grew as a professional
I enjoyed being the part of the surgical team
I only left my employment there after the birth of my twins
it's okay
patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  duke streetAugust 21, 2015
a typical day at work is very fast paced, rarely anyone helps or if they do they give you attitude about it, alot of the nurses are lazy which makes the job even harder, and I've heard you get paid much better for the same amount of work other places, kinda upsetting when we do all the work and rarely get paid as good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
rarely get any help from nurses, and no one treats you like part of a team, they could care less
Caring, Patient First
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PennsylvaniaJune 11, 2015
The staff makes sure the patients are first. Life saving measures, caring and commited to saving a life. Management always put the team first. The only thing bad is shift work, especially when you have small children.
Pros
Education
Cons
Shift Work
Patient care
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2015
Clock in, Get overnights info. Get morning vital signs/ get up for breakfast.

How to take care of Patients with all different kinds of injury's and conditions
Loved everything
Secretary- (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 15, 2015
I loved everything about my time here. Just wish it was full time with benefits. It was only part time during the school day. Which meant no summer work. Okay for some people. As for myself I needed more hours.
Pros
Staff, manager
Cons
hours
nice place to work
Peri-Operative RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster,PAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at LGH and only left to increase my career opportunities by becoming the Coordinator of CVOR at a different hospital

Lancaster General Hospital Reviews by Location