Lancaster General Hospital Employee Reviews

good
Washroom Supervising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 17, 2015
i like working at the lgh it has opened my eyes to new oppertunities. the health fielkd is my calling just waiting for my time to shine
Lancaster General
Customer Service Specialist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PANovember 20, 2015
Offered the job in December of last year. It's a great place to work. Though some of the offices are a little lack luster. That all comes down to poor management skills. You aren't management material just because you've been with that company for a while. Most of the workers I've met from various offices are friendly as well.
Cons
no choice in where you get placed once hired.
Rewarding experience
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 1, 2015
Enjoy team that I work with and the organization. Excellent growth and responsibilities, secure and like the opportunity to share my knowledge with coworkers.
Pros
Friendly
great place to own development
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  7NSeptember 23, 2015
this is an amazing place for work, and offers good benefits, with great environment of team work and patient care for most of all things. It is a very hard job for a care giver, it takes a lot of you, long hours, heavy work, always doing something useful and your duties as well! It's a great start, it just depend on what are you looking for selfdevelopment.
Pros
Good place to learn and improve your self
Cons
Wage is not good enough for PTCAs
a
High Dollar Account Resolution Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 16, 2015
The company has great benefits and although employee perks may have gone down they are still a good employer. great health coverage.
great place to work
Perioperative RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PAAugust 21, 2015
My co-workers were awesome
The hospital was modern and committed to best practice nursing
I grew as a professional
I enjoyed being the part of the surgical team
I only left my employment there after the birth of my twins
it's okay
patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  duke streetAugust 21, 2015
a typical day at work is very fast paced, rarely anyone helps or if they do they give you attitude about it, alot of the nurses are lazy which makes the job even harder, and I've heard you get paid much better for the same amount of work other places, kinda upsetting when we do all the work and rarely get paid as good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
rarely get any help from nurses, and no one treats you like part of a team, they could care less
Caring, Patient First
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster PennsylvaniaJune 11, 2015
The staff makes sure the patients are first. Life saving measures, caring and commited to saving a life. Management always put the team first. The only thing bad is shift work, especially when you have small children.
Pros
Education
Cons
Shift Work
Patient care
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2015
Clock in, Get overnights info. Get morning vital signs/ get up for breakfast.

How to take care of Patients with all different kinds of injury's and conditions
Loved everything
Secretary- (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 15, 2015
I loved everything about my time here. Just wish it was full time with benefits. It was only part time during the school day. Which meant no summer work. Okay for some people. As for myself I needed more hours.
Pros
Staff, manager
Cons
hours
nice place to work
Peri-Operative RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster,PAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at LGH and only left to increase my career opportunities by becoming the Coordinator of CVOR at a different hospital
Enjoyable hospital environment
Unit Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Great benefits. Overtime available. Flexible hours. I was cross trained as a Unit Support Coordinator and a Patient Care Assistant. The hardest part of the job was making sure each patient was properly cared for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many different people daily.
Cons
stressful environment, understaffed
An experience that will help out in the future
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Volunteering at the Lancaster General Hospital is a fun aspect. It is more fun than a paid job, you learn more in my opinion, and will help out in the future if you are planning to pursue a medicine career. You learn everything from how do talk to a sick patient to how to take their blood sample send it down to the labs. It is a really valuable experience that I have had. I think everyone would volunteer at a hospital sometime in their lives.
Good Place to Work
Grant Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 15, 2014
Difficult to get in but overall a very good organization to work for
good coworkers, subpar manager
Intermediate Intensive Care RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 28, 2014
Years ago there was a different manager in this unit who left something to be desired. But I learned a lot and had great opportunity to grow/advance in this company. Very high nurse autonomy with half lazy and half wonderfully supportive mentors. The pay rates and bonuses are severely lacking and the upper management had a blatant disregard for floor staff. Constantly asked to work dangerously under staffed on current units while the company buys and builds new facilities. Faceless corporation with no human feeling toward patients or staff.
Pros
learning opportunities, autonomy
Cons
high nurse/patient ratios with low pay
Interesting field
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 6, 2014
I spent majority of my time at LGH working on projects and staffing in the IV room where I made sterile IVs for hospital patients. I learned a lot about aseptic technic, how to make chemotherapy, sterile processes and cleaning. I enjoyed the dirverse areas I staffed the most : IV room, Womens and babies hospital, and the Cancer Center
Medical Language Facilitator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 11, 2014
There are opportunities for advancement - but it depends who you know
Best available equipment
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2014
Loved working with the equipment!
co-workers not team players.
Pros
up to date equipment
Cons
no more retirement pension benefits
Poorly managed at moment, and struggling in critical area's.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 28, 2014
Seems Lancaster General is having management issues, and has for a few years now. Poor communication between staff and management. Staff were treated well historically at their facility, but not in recent years. Parts of the hospital give great reviews of their department, but unfortunately the radiology department has been plagued by problems and has experienced high turnover as a result of chronic frustration. Historically, Lancaster General was a great place to work while having a family. That has changed dramatically over the years and is now considered a place you do not want to work if you are raising a family. The compensation is not on par with its competitors but boasts about large annual profits. Morale in many parts of the hospital are pretty good but in other parts extremely low leaving many parts of the hospital feeling deserted. Co-workers getting along in all the departments is strong, and many relationships seem to extend to outside work time. Very nice to see when work environment is struggling. The care they give is good but again, not on par with its competitors. It is a decent facility which given time and opening up to improvements like changing management and adopting older practices that were working well for them will probably produce an exceptional facility. Just not there at this point, so if interested in working at Lancaster General, just do your research and talk if you can with current employees about how their experience has been. A business will rarely maintain negative practices as it results in negative outcomes for everyone, so usually it will  more... change over time and once that happens, it will be a wonderful and respected facility once again.  less
Pros
great co-workers, newer technology, customer service oriented.
Cons
certain departments are poorly managed, lower compensation than competitors, benefits seem to be a source of frustration, missed meals often during workday, tense work environment, difficult to get time off or consecutive days off for vacations.
Great hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 26, 2014
Many services under one roof. Located in the heart of Lancaster.