Lancaster General Hospital

Lancaster General Hospital Employee Reviews

Patient care
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2015
Clock in, Get overnights info. Get morning vital signs/ get up for breakfast.

How to take care of Patients with all different kinds of injury's and conditions
Loved everything
Secretary- (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Staff, manager
Cons: hours
I loved everything about my time here. Just wish it was full time with benefits. It was only part time during the school day. Which meant no summer work. Okay for some people. As for myself I needed more hours.
nice place to work
Peri-Operative RN (Former Employee), Lancaster,PAMarch 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at LGH and only left to increase my career opportunities by becoming the Coordinator of CVOR at a different hospital
Enjoyable hospital environment
Unit Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: stressful environment, understaffed
Great benefits. Overtime available. Flexible hours. I was cross trained as a Unit Support Coordinator and a Patient Care Assistant. The hardest part of the job was making sure each patient was properly cared for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many different people daily.
An experience that will help out in the future
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Volunteering at the Lancaster General Hospital is a fun aspect. It is more fun than a paid job, you learn more in my opinion, and will help out in the future if you are planning to pursue a medicine career. You learn everything from how do talk to a sick patient to how to take their blood sample send it down to the labs. It is a really valuable experience that I have had. I think everyone would volunteer at a hospital sometime in their lives.
Good Place to Work
Grant Relations Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 15, 2014
Difficult to get in but overall a very good organization to work for
good coworkers, subpar manager
Intermediate Intensive Care RN (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 28, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, autonomy
Cons: high nurse/patient ratios with low pay
Years ago there was a different manager in this unit who left something to be desired. But I learned a lot and had great opportunity to grow/advance in this company. Very high nurse autonomy with half lazy and half wonderfully supportive mentors. The pay rates and bonuses are severely lacking and the upper management had a blatant disregard for floor staff. Constantly asked to work dangerously under staffed on current units while the company buys and builds new facilities. Faceless corporation with no human feeling toward patients or staff.
Interesting field
Pharmacy Tech II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 6, 2014
I spent majority of my time at LGH working on projects and staffing in the IV room where I made sterile IVs for hospital patients. I learned a lot about aseptic technic, how to make chemotherapy, sterile processes and cleaning. I enjoyed the dirverse areas I staffed the most : IV room, Womens and babies hospital, and the Cancer Center
Medical Language Facilitator/Coordinator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 11, 2014
There are opportunities for advancement - but it depends who you know
Best available equipment
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: up to date equipment
Cons: no more retirement pension benefits
Loved working with the equipment!
co-workers not team players.
Poorly managed at moment, and struggling in critical area's.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, newer technology, customer service oriented.
Cons: certain departments are poorly managed, lower compensation than competitors, benefits seem to be a source of frustration, missed meals often during workday, tense work environment, difficult to get time off or consecutive days off for vacations.
Seems Lancaster General is having management issues, and has for a few years now. Poor communication between staff and management. Staff were treated well historically at their facility, but not in recent years. Parts of the hospital give great reviews of their department, but unfortunately the radiology department has been plagued by problems and has experienced high turnover as a result of chronic frustration. Historically, Lancaster General was a great place to work while having a family. That has changed dramatically over the years and is now considered a place you do not want to work if you are raising a family. The compensation is not on par with its competitors but boasts about large annual profits. Morale in many parts of the hospital are pretty good but in other parts extremely low leaving many parts of the hospital feeling deserted. Co-workers getting along in all the departments is strong, and many relationships seem to extend to outside work time. Very nice to see when work environment is struggling. The care they give is good but again, not on par with its competitors. It is a decent facility which given time and opening up to improvements like changing management and adopting older practices that were working well for them will probably produce an exceptional facility. Just not there at this point, so if interested in working at Lancaster General, just do your research and talk if you can with current employees about how their experience has been. A business will rarely maintain negative practices as it results in negative outcomes for everyone, so usually it will change over time and once that happens, it will be a wonderful and respected facility once again.
Great hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 26, 2014
Many services under one roof. Located in the heart of Lancaster.
Good Opportunity
Full-time MLT in Microbiology (Current Employee), MicrobiologyJuly 11, 2014
I love the work I do and the people I work with. I gained a lot of experience working at LGH.
Clean and humble place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Lancaster paJune 11, 2014
Pros: days go by quick
My co-workers were fantastic and the supervisors were absolutely the best people to work for,
Great Place to work
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work, with a lot of different job opportunities, within the company.
Would not recommend
Trauma registrar (Current Employee), LGHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: only pro... benefits but they also come with a price!!
Cons: no breaks, lunches, negative work environment, no guidance, management is horrible and there is plenty more.....
I am totally disappointed with my experience working at LGH. The manager that is over my department was not attentive to the going on in the department. She doesn't even want to be there to begin with. The co-workers are great but they are stressed to the max which caused a lot of stress, drama and unpleasant work environment. There's no team work and the training is minimal at best. Management and HR does not want to do anything to fix the problem. It is a shame. Knowing what I know now, I wished someone would of warned me. I felt I wasted time in the position that I am in. I never felt appreciated and only heard the negativity in the department.
an overall good place to work
Clinical Pastoral Education Resident (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, good benefits
Cons: not enough diversity on board or executive leadership
A typical day involves giving pastoral emotional and spiritual support to patients and staff a the hospital.
Nursing staff is dedicated to patient care. Management is hierarchical and autocratic despite holding Magnet status.
Nurse (Current Employee), Lancaster, Pa.February 7, 2014
Overall nursing staff is pro patient. Management is all about making money. Management at mid-levels care more about their own agenda then nursing principles.
overall is a good hospital
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: nice hospital close to home
Cons: not as friendly
Good place to work at when you are utilized properly. New first assist program going thru a lot of changes and minimal support from management, doctors are great to work with and are very appreciative of the help they get from us.
PC Technician II (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Not happy with the pay, I don't feel I get the respect I should get. I am a contractor and know that they will never hire anyone to work in my office. I don't feel as though I'm being utilized the way I should and have no chance to advance here.

1 2 3

About Lancaster General Hospital

Lancaster General Health (LG Health) is a 623-bed integrated health care delivery system serving residents of Lancaster County, – Read more

Lancaster General Hospital Salaries