Lancaster General Hospital

Lancaster General Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work, with a lot of different job opportunities, within the company.
Would not recommend
Trauma registrar (Current Employee), LGHMarch 3, 2014
Pros: only pro... benefits but they also come with a price!!
Cons: no breaks, lunches, negative work environment, no guidance, management is horrible and there is plenty more.....
I am totally disappointed with my experience working at LGH. The manager that is over my department was not attentive to the going on in the department. She doesn't even want to be there to begin with. The co-workers are great but they are stressed to the max which caused a lot of stress, drama and unpleasant work environment. There's no team work and – more... the training is minimal at best. Management and HR does not want to do anything to fix the problem. It is a shame. Knowing what I know now, I wished someone would of warned me. I felt I wasted time in the position that I am in. I never felt appreciated and only heard the negativity in the department. – less
an overall good place to work
Clinical Pastoral Education Resident (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, good benefits
Cons: not enough diversity on board or executive leadership
A typical day involves giving pastoral emotional and spiritual support to patients and staff a the hospital.
Nursing staff is dedicated to patient care. Management is hierarchical and autocratic despite holding Magnet status.
Nurse (Current Employee), Lancaster, Pa.February 7, 2014
Overall nursing staff is pro patient. Management is all about making money. Management at mid-levels care more about their own agenda then nursing principles.
overall is a good hospital
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: nice hospital close to home
Cons: not as friendly
Good place to work at when you are utilized properly. New first assist program going thru a lot of changes and minimal support from management, doctors are great to work with and are very appreciative of the help they get from us.
PC Technician II (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Not happy with the pay, I don't feel I get the respect I should get. I am a contractor and know that they will never hire anyone to work in my office. I don't feel as though I'm being utilized the way I should and have no chance to advance here.
n/a
Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), lancaster, paJanuary 5, 2014
I was crosstrained in the job, benefits were good and a great environment to work in
Hospital work is reward because of the constant opportunities to learn
Part time patient care assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, PA 17601December 4, 2013
Pros: patient interaction, constant learning environment
Cons: teamwork was not always displayed during busy times
My position as a patient care assistant is very rewarding. The constant interaction with patients and the families provides me with a sense of self reward. The patients appreciate every service that is provided to them. The professional and personal experience allow for constant growth as an employee and as a person.
Provides a fair remuneration rate and upward mobility opportunities
Licensed Social Worker (Current Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 1, 2013
Pros: great benefit package.
Cons: limited ability to work in a different program simultaneously.
I start off my day by checking phone messages and emails. I then order those messages needing my responses/ action by priority and take care of them as my schedule permits. I am often requested to meet patients warranting immediate attention making it necessary for me to alter my pre-scheduled visits to as I accommodate the emergent needs. Usually, – more... I schedule times in between visits to fulfill other administrative responsibilities, consult with supervisor and/ or colleagues on issues that require that I do so. Supervisor and co-workers are very supportive and empathetic. The hardest part of my job is when a patient's needs are not met due to circumstances beyond anyone's control or due to the nature of the larger delivery arena that is usually remote to our entity. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patients meet their goals and feel accomplished at the end of their time with my program. My work mantra: "Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape(break)" – less
medicare billing not exactly exciting!
Medicare billing clerk (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 16, 2013
Pros: professional environment
Cons: boring
This employment position was just not for me for the long haul! I needed more responsibility and something more challenging.
Acceptible place of employment
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: ability to work from home.
The atmosphere was acceptable. Job expectations were acceptable. Little room for advancement.
Cat Scan Technologist
CAT SCAN Technologist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: learned so much. fast paced.
Cons: none.
Scanning patients, starting IV's, giving power injections. Very gratifying job.
Excellent health care provided at LGH
Registered Nurse, cardiothoracic surgery (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 13, 2013
Enjoyed being a part of one of the best health care facilities in the area. Benefits were great. Great job security.
Excellent company to work for
EpicCare Application Analyst- Epic EMR (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 9, 2013
Excellent company that nurtures its employees. Managers encourage personal as well as professional growth
Wonderful place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PA- home-basedJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great team, positive team bonding
Cons: working holidays
I loved my job with this hospital. The work was plentiful, the management always willing to help, and the benefits were top of the line.
Plenty of opportunities
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 24, 2013
Large facility with plenty of opportunities. Great work environment.
great place to work
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 13, 2013
both the management style of the hospital and the compensation package is very good. very accessible and open managers, from the president on down. staff was great, both food service staff and other departments. very busy days with little down time. good team atmosphere, crew pulled together and worked well. i miss working there.
challenging
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 30, 2013
Pros: helping people feel good
Cons: taxing mentally at times
The job at times could be difficult due to disorders that are can cause challenges. But at the end of the day it was a fulfilling job.
Good place to start
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 9, 2013
Lancaster General Hospital treats their employees well. The new automated line in the core lab was really nice and was laid out great in the new lab area.
You get what you put into it.
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 6, 2013
Pros: close to where i live, good pay, great benefits.
Cons: it's healthcare so it can be very stresful and at times, thankless.
LGH is a great place to work. It has plenty of advancement opportunities available. The pay, depending what you do can be seen as below average to great depending on position.

LGH has excellent benefits, especially in the surrounding area where companies are axing benefits, the benefits even though not as good as they used to be are still some of the – more... best you can get in the area.

LGH also gives discounts on certain venues. It has an excellent Corporate pricing for various retailers which is a wonderful idea and has helped many of the people I work with keep their costs on things like a new computer or a cell phone plan low.

The only real complaint I have is that the hospital is too lax on their own policies for the most part.It tends to create a bit of friction and drama but that can be depending which department you would work at.

All and all, I've worked there 9 years and can see myself working there much more and anticipate on working there more. – less

About Lancaster General Hospital

Lancaster General Health (LG Health) is a 623-bed integrated health care delivery system serving residents of Lancaster County, – Read more