Lancaster General Hospital Employee Reviews

Good review
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 26, 2017
Excellent and top of line in best technologies and education. Top rated hospital I. Country. High expectations of their employee. Employees given excellent care via benefits and paid time off.
Pros
I was proud to say I worked at LGH!
Lancaster General is where I did my internship
Practicum in Health Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 16, 2017
My day consisted of learning the functions of a hospital atmosphere. I attended board meetings, and assisted with other operations that I learned in school.
This is a review for IT department
Clinical Information Specialist Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 13, 2017
Very segregated and not welcoming of new people. Meetings were of no value. Goals were not set by management. Rework was constant. Team work was not embraced
Large company with lots of opportunity
Clinical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 6, 2017
Lancaster General needs to improve on their communication between offices and policies. They do have good discounts. It is very enjoyable to get close to the patients.
At LGH you had many responsibilities
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 15, 2017
Register patients for insurance. Delivered specimens to Core Lab for processing. It was alot of pressure because it was someones life in your hand.
Pros
Not making any mistakes
Cons
Plenty of paid time off.
great place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 16, 2017
Lancaster General is a great place to work, the Cardio-Thoracic and vascular at the time I worked there was very busy and outcomes were outstanding, recommend it to any one who is having surgery.
Pros
great people and surgeons
Cons
extremely busy
Consultant
Epic Activation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 13, 2017
As an Epic Consultant, my role was train and assist during implementation of the hospital's new EMR system. I further provided at-the-elbow support during go-live
Good healthcare system
Practice Manager, Lincoln Family Medicine (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 9, 2017
Good healthcare system with good benefits. Continues to grow with recent merger with several other healthcare facilities. Good opportuniteis to advance.
Room for improvement
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 12, 2017
Room for improvement, however management does not feel that improvement is necessary so unsatisfied (great employees) are looking for employment elsewhere.
Pleasant staff
Stress Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602July 3, 2017
Large hospital.
Management is never accessible
Work day is busy in the morning and then tapers off in the afternoon
Good co-workers
The hardest part of the job is touching base with management
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large hospital
Great learning experience
Student (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 2, 2017
I learned a lot from all of the technologists in the Nuclear Medicine department. I loved working with the patients and learning all of the studies. I enjoyed reading with the radiologist and learning how to look at the other modalities to correlate them to the scans that we perform.
Best workplace ever
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 23, 2017
Lancaster General Hospital not only is your employer but they help you success and move forward in life they help you go back to school they have free classes you can attend to better yourself at the work place its very unique from other companies i have worked for
did not like job
Epic. Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 14, 2017
Did not like the job or the hours,to far from home. No help when needed. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. I am not happy having to filling this out to apply for another position.
Pros
money
Cons
everything about
Overall a good place to work
Registered Nurse - Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 12, 2017
Overall a good place to work for. Has its pros and cons, listed below. I would definitely recommend this organization to anyone who wants great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
free lunches on holidays, great benefits, opportunities for advancement and further education
Cons
management inconsistent across the board
Busy, extremely stressful and Low paying Job
Sterile Processing Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 5, 2017
I've worked at Lancaster General for 13 years and it has progressively gotten worse over the years. The management is very flexible with scheduling but every department is overworked, understaffed and underpaid.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Horrible pay
Normal
Manager, Servers and Networking (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 14, 2017
The people there are great to work with.
Things are always moving forward.
There are many smart team members with much to give.

This were in flux but direction was there.
Pros
normal
Cons
normal
Productive and if you are in for a very different day EVERYDAY this is a great place to work
Unit Clerk/ PtCA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a great place to work. You get to meet new people everyday.. To help nurse people back to health is a very rewarding job. Management was great
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short breaks
Love working here, Great experience
Diagnosic imaging receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 9, 2017
On a typical day, I am registering patients and making sure they have a great and easy experience here at LGH. I also make sure they are comfortable here. Management here is great, they make us employers feel welcomed and they always have our back and are always there to help whenever we need it. LGH is filled with diversity and different cultures and I love it. The most enjoyable part of my day is making sure the patients are happy, welcomed and make sure they have the best experience here.
Good Job
PC Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Nice work place, well organized, nice lunch room, good working hours, people were friendly and helpful management was nice also training on the job was good as well.
Pros
Good co-workers
Helping Patients
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602January 20, 2017
The year that I had working at LGH was the best experience I had. Helping patients with their needs and the team work that my unit provided was the best. Being able to see my patients with a smile on their face because I did something for them meant the world to me.
Pros
Good team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Lancaster General Hospital Reviews by Location