Lancaster Laboratories

Lancaster Laboratories United States Employee Reviews

Horrible
Sr. Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 18, 2014
Cons: management, hr complete joke, disrespectful, favoritism, micromanaged
Worked for Lancaster Labs in support division. Group leader was a joke. Their manager was too busy being friends with them to manage them or address issues. Team members were micromanaged, belittled, insulted and more. They rave about their work life balance and the awards they have own, but fail to tell you that was decade or more ago and the environment has changed drastically. If you are looking for a professional position rather than being just a robot, I would recommend someplace else. The pay for the work is far too low and you are only given respect if you are a favorite.
Flexible Job / Challenging Opportunities.
Senior Cell Banking Biologist (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJuly 31, 2014
This job is flexible, and has many projects throughout each year that can be taken on a learning opportunities.
OK place to start
Chemist (Current Employee), LancasterDecember 19, 2013
Pros: job security, you will learn a lot
Cons: compensation and inconsistent management.
You can get a good basic understanding of pharmaceutical industry, but it's not a place to stay. Very demanding positions, analysts are encouraged to be involved with their work. Good job security. Lots of responsibilities. And bad compensation all around.

The particular group you are in will make a big difference in your experience. The first level managers range from pretty good to petty tyrants. The pay is not good by industry standards. Since they can't bring in experienced talent from outside, promotions are used to fill the more senior level positions. This is good if you are looking for advancement. Bad, however, in that management is hide bound, since practically none of them have worked elsewhere in their careers.

Upper management views anyone there for less than 5 years as easily replaceable. Anyone there over 5 years? Well, obviously, they aren't going anywhere. So no motivation to try to make anyone happy. They are still riding on the laurels of having won a "Great Place to Work" award back in the early 90's. Don't anticipate them ever winning another of these.
All around great place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 4, 2013
Pros: awesome pay, cafe, employees.
As a former employee of Lancaster Laboratories, I would like to say this is an excellent work place. Not only are the employees friendly, but management is so flexible when it comes to their employees needs. They are willing to bend backwards to make sure the employees are satisfied with their job. The pay is awesome, as well as the holiday pay, off on weekends, and EVERY holiday..including BLACK FRIDAY! Who wouldn't want to not have to get up after a big Thanksgiving meal the night before?
Excellent place to work!
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: cross trained in different areas, and it was a full-time position.
Cons: no cons!
I loved this job! The Management team was great, I would still be there but my husbands position cause us to relocate. I would definitely return if I lived closer.
Contract where customer is always right.
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Eli Lilly IndianapolisApril 12, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: will not stick up for worker
The usual contract position, the company is always right and worker is wrong. Will not stick up for workers, direct managers are great, corporate managers are terrible.
run, don't work here, terrible culture
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Tobaccoville, NCMarch 7, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
A typical day at work is being harrassed by management and treated like a five year old child. They will stop your raises and give you bad evaluations if they think you are making too much, even if you are a perfect employee and work your hardest. They tell lies on you and keep up drama. Management knows nothing about the job themselves, pushing their work onto everyone else and setting rules that they don't follow themselves. Discrimination is very prevalent there.
worst place to work
quality technician (Current Employee), Tobaccoville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Pros: a day off from this madness
Cons: pay, benefits, management terrible, no advancement opportunities
Management will disgrace you and stop your raises and give you bad reviews. 3rd shift is the worst. You will be micromanaged and stressed out every night. No clear direction from management who doesn't even know the job themselves. No where to move up. Treated and talked to very disgraceful and rude.
Culture changing with new owners
Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: coworkers, medical benefits (but will be going away next year)
Cons: disrespectful to employees, low pay (unless you are in upper management), no work-life balance
Since taken over by new management recently, the culture has changed. Where once it was a place that promoted family friendly, this is no longer the experience. Management is requiring more work with much less pay. Management also has no respect for its employees...you are just a number. Unless you are part of upper management, do not expect to receive any consideration for a hard day's work. We are all replaceable. If applying for a job, you will be promised one thing, but end up with much more responsibility. Corporate culture sees nothing wrong with bait and switch.
I am a current employee and looking desperately to get out. So sad that Lancaster Labs is not the same "Best Place to Work" any longer. Working mother? Single Dad? Don't bother. My advice? Don't walk away, Run!
.This company made a typical work day stressful
Lab Technician (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 27, 2012
Pros: its a job
Cons: the cons are too many to list. i would not recommend working for this company
LLI was not a very good place to work. The workload was excessive and staffing was insufficient. The management was motivated to make money for the company at the expense of the employees. Many times the ridiculous rules were similar to being in kindergarten. For the most part, the management was incompetant and was not willling to listen to feedback to improve the company. Micromanagement was the typical way of treating employees.
Good people, strong management, work load heavy
Principal Scientist Cell Bank Manufacturing (Former Employee), New Holland, PANovember 8, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: high work load
Good group of people to work with, great job security, work load per employee is very high
Trying to move on
Senior Environmental Administrator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good benefits (but not great)
Cons: pay!!! advancement, management, routine work environment...
I will do my best to sum up LLI without dragging on. With what little good there is to say about working here. Job security is pretty good, and so are the benefits. That's about it.

The negatives however, are so numerous, I could go on a rant. So again, to sum it up...The pay is awful, and without a degree; no matter how long you've been there or how good your work is, you will not advance...unless you kiss up to the higher ups. Management is a joke. Your boss has 5 bosses above them, and none of them know what they're doing, yet they are in power, and they get the good pay and perks. I've got sooooo much more to mention, but really don't want to get into detail or else I'll start getting angry the more I type. Basically it's a Do More For Less mentality, and I would not recommed working here. Go to a fast food place, you'll make more money and advance to a Manager's position alot faster.
Productive work environment where I can grow and learn
Biologist (Current Employee), West Point, PAJune 5, 2012
Typical work day for myself is spent working in a laboratory.
Premier Laboratory, solving problems and serving the ever developing needs of our nation and world
Senior Environment Chemist (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 16, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: relatively low pay
The labortory was very intergral in meeting the ever changing needs and demands of the general public, private business, and govt entities such as the EPA. Many projects, such as the BP oil spill, were completed with much success. Overall, LLI is a purposeful and culturally beneficail business, and fulfilling place of employment.

About Lancaster Laboratories

Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, – Read more

Lancaster Laboratories Salaries