Lancer Corporation is hiring a Design Engineer for San Antonio location.
Lancer is a leading manufacturer and marketer of beverage dispensing systems serving customers throughout the world. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Lancer maintains sales and/or manufacturing facilities in United States, Mexico, Australia, Belgium, and New Zealand. Lancer is a subsidiary of Hoshizaki Electric Co. Ltd., one of the world's largest suppliers of commercial kitchen equipment. Today, Lancer is a vertically integrated manufacturer, employing approximately 1,500 associates in the United States, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, the Far East, and Europe. Lancer manufactures a complete range of mechanically cooled and ice cooled soft drink dispensers, dispensing valves, carbonators, beer dispensing equipment and an extensive line of beverage dispensing parts and accessories. These products are marketed through a network of company sales representatives and authorized distributors.
Product Engineer I (Design Engineer)
Reports to: Value Stream Manager or Central Engineering Department Manager
- Initiates and implements new products, product design changes and/or improvements.
- Performs/coordinates product testing.
- Investigates and resolves field problems related to specific products.
- Evaluates and initiates production deviations, engineering drawings, Engineering Change Notices (ECN), and Bills of Materials.
- Communicates with customers and vendors on requirements and materials needed for project completion.
- Provides technical support for product line to customers, vendors, sales, and manufacturing departments.
- Coordinates and manages implementation of equipment for specific customer accounts.
- May supervise activities of Drafters, Designers, and Lab Technicians.
- Facilitates project reviews and meetings.
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Computer skills: Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet applications required (MS Word & Excel preferred). Solid modeling and CAD experience preferred. Unigraphics and GD&T experience preferred. Strong organizational skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and how they relate to the product. Knowledge of quality processes, costs of defects, and how quality relates to the design and manufacturing of the product. Knowledge of the beverage dispensing industry preferred and best practices for engineering design (FMEA, etc.).
Education, Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors in Mechanical (BSME) or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Technical curriculum or knowledge of thermodynamics, materials science, and/or electromechanics.
Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed. Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 30 lbs. May have to reach for object at or above shoulder height. May be required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.