Reports To: CAD Manager
Job Summary: Originates and develops ideas to design the form of manufactured products; consults with engineering, marketing, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
- Develop 3d design concepts, and models
- Evaluate design ideas based on factors such as aesthetics, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics, and client specifications.
- May design product packaging and graphics for advertising
- May build stimulated model, using hand, power tools, and various materials
- May prepare illustrations
- May design products for custom applications
- Prepares layout and detail drawings for new products or modifications to current products.
- Analyzes design requirements and recommends possible solutions and/or alternative constructions.
- Make orthographic and isometric illustrations required for manuals and customer requests.
- Issues work orders to designated departments to be manufactured.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to “think outside the box”
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or as a member of a team
Education, Qualification & Experience:
- Currently posses or in last year of pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design from an accredited university
- Entry-level to 5 years’ experience
- Previous industrial design to work experience
- Complex surfacing skills in Unigraphics/NX. Solid Works or Pro/E
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self starter/motivated
Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed. Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 30 lbs. May have to reach for object at or above shoulder height. May be required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
This information is not designated to be a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities and qualifications; rather, it is designed to give the general nature and level of the work to be performed by a person assigned to this job title
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 21 months ago
Lancer is a leading manufacturer and marketer of beverage dispensing systems serving customers throughout the world. Headquartered in San...